• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Lashoff

Rate this topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="number9" data-cid="2344166" data-time="1358830374"><p>

Watch: Lashoff comes in, immediately becomes the new Stuart. Almqvist comes in, immediately becomes the new Lidstrom. D-fixed.</p></blockquote>

Hell, I'd settle for the new Lilja and Rafalski right now.

I thought Lashoff was great, but he made mistakes the same as Smith did. They just didn't cost us much. Both look to be great additions and this experience will just improve them.

Agreed. Now we need to someone to replace Quincy. He is terrible.

Guest Crymson
Agreed. Now we need to someone to replace Quincy. He is terrible.

Quincey.

Edited by Crymson

I thought Lashoff was great, but he made mistakes the same as Smith did. They just didn't cost us much. Both look to be great additions and this experience will just improve them.

It is always like that. People only tend to remember the mistakes leading to a goal or the mistakes by the whipping boy. Kronwall made a terrible pass that was picked up by a Blue Jacket right in the crease in the third that could easily have cost us the game but Howard bailed him out and then people forget about it.

To me, that's the big thing. You should expect these guys to make a few mistakes along the way. Their inexperience against the NHL's top talent is going to show every now and then, you just can't help that. What you have to do is hope that they learn, get coached up, and get better... unfortunately for us, that needs to happen very fast.

Lashoff looked great.

What I saw from Smith was that he has a tendency to make that first mistake, then he doubles back to correct for it. He does a good job there, but eventually it will cost him.

Same goes for any of these kids who have limited/no experience at the NHL level. It was Lashoff's first NHL game and everyone expected him to play error free hockey? Smith I can kinda understand because he has been in the league off and on for a couple seasons now, but still has very limited experience at that level of hockey.

It is always like that. People only tend to remember the mistakes leading to a goal or the mistakes by the whipping boy. Kronwall made a terrible pass that was picked up by a Blue Jacket right in the crease in the third that could easily have cost us the game but Howard bailed him out and then people forget about it.

Nobody should forget that pass, it was terrible. Kronwall hasn't looked good in either of these first two games.

Edited by kipwinger

Really surprised Babcock was throwing that much ice-time at him, but he deserved it. Can't wait to see more tonight, boy was hopped up on adrenaline last night and should be tonight with the home opening crowd and player introductions.

Predictable that Lashoff would become a message board darling (remember Doug Janik?) after last night, but he deserved it. Scores the first Wings goal since April 2012, and I seriously doubt we win that game if another system defenseman plays in his spot. Was amazing to see Babcock give him that level of quality playing time (only defenseman on a 4 on 3!?!), but he did his job amazingly well. We're going to need warm bodies back there who can play on a fringe NHL/AHL level this year, so let's keep our expectations in check.

Just like everyone was saying not to get too bummed by the Wings first games I don't think we should get too pumped over Lashoff's one game. I did think however that he looked great and fit in well. I didn't mind the couple of mistakes he made. I think if he gets a bit of an extended stay here (meaning like 5-7 games) we'd have a really nice idea of what he truly is and hopefully what he may actually become. Either way, I was really happy with his game last night and hope he gains strides again tonight.

I agree with that everyone is saying above. You can't use that one game as a basis for projecting his future play. BUT that doesn't take away from how well he played in that game. Good for Lashoff, and thankfully, good for the Wings.

Guest Crymson
Predictable that Lashoff would become a message board darling (remember Doug Janik?) after last night, but he deserved it.

Janik was neither a drafted prospect nor a young guy. Nobody expected much out of him. Lashoff is young and has potential.

It's one game and you can't judge off of one game.

But man did we ever think the season was over after the Blues game, right?

He looked great out there. Time will give us a more clear picture on his ability but he looked awesome. I like Babcock's choices. It's a great feeling for a young kid when the coach trusts you and believes in you and an even better feeling when you deliver. What a great way to mold the kid.

So, theoretically, before the Saturday night game, what would have been the Vegas odds on Lashoff scoring the first goal of the season for the Wings?

That sort of start can bring great confidence, but how many others have come out strong, and then lost it either to the first being a fluke or because their partner bailed them out (not the case here, just thinking back to when we had Lids)?

I hope he works out, but I also hope he gets some leeway from the fans who just look at the box score.

I don't mean to sound negative here. I'm tickled that he came out looking good and congratulate him on his goal and game. Here's to many more.

Edited by 55fan