• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Really surprised Babcock was throwing that much ice-time at him, but he deserved it. Can't wait to see more tonight, boy was hopped up on adrenaline last night and should be tonight with the home opening crowd and player introductions.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#42 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Predictable that Lashoff would become a message board darling (remember Doug Janik?) after last night, but he deserved it.  Scores the first Wings goal since April 2012, and I seriously doubt we win that game if another system defenseman plays in his spot.  Was amazing to see Babcock give him that level of quality playing time (only defenseman on a 4 on 3!?!), but he did his job amazingly well.  We're going to need warm bodies back there who can play on a fringe NHL/AHL level this year, so let's keep our expectations in check.

#43 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Just like everyone was saying not to get too bummed by the Wings first games I don't think we should get too pumped over Lashoff's one game.  I did think however that he looked great and fit in well.  I didn't mind the couple of mistakes he made.  I think if he gets a bit of an extended stay here (meaning like 5-7 games) we'd have a really nice idea of what he truly is and hopefully what he may actually become.  Either way, I was really happy with his game last night and hope he gains strides again tonight.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#44 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I loved his style of play...You would have never known it was his first game. I have seen him at TC in Traverse City so I was excited to have him called up. He impressed me!

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I agree with that everyone is saying above.  You can't use that one game as a basis for projecting his future play.  BUT that doesn't take away from how well he played in that game.  Good for Lashoff, and thankfully, good for the Wings.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#46 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Predictable that Lashoff would become a message board darling (remember Doug Janik?)

When you need to get the pass off, bring in Lashoff!

I got nothin'.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Predictable that Lashoff would become a message board darling (remember Doug Janik?) after last night, but he deserved it. 

Janik was neither a drafted prospect nor a young guy. Nobody expected much out of him. Lashoff is young and has potential.

#48 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Janik was neither a drafted prospect nor a young guy. Nobody expected much out of him. Lashoff is young and has potential.

Lashoff is like Janik, he wasn't drafted. But that's where the comparisons end. He is young and he does have poential.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#49 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

It's one game and you can't judge off of one game.

But man did we ever think the season was over after the Blues game, right?

He looked great out there. Time will give us a more clear picture on his ability but he looked awesome. I like Babcock's choices. It's a great feeling for a young kid when the coach trusts you and believes in you and an even better feeling when you deliver. What a great way to mold the kid.

#50 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

So, theoretically, before the Saturday night game, what would have been the Vegas odds on Lashoff scoring the first goal of the season for the Wings?

That sort of start can bring great confidence, but how many others have come out strong, and then lost it either to the first being a fluke or because their partner bailed them out (not the case here, just thinking back to when we had Lids)?

I hope he works out, but I also hope he gets some leeway from the fans who just look at the box score.

I don't mean to sound negative here.  I'm tickled that he came out looking good and congratulate him on his goal and game.  Here's to many more.

Edited by 55fan, 22 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.