• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

New Defenseman: Guess who?

Rate this topic

According to reports from the Free Press, Holland has been on the phone all day finalizing a deal on a defenseman who may play tonight. The details are vague, but they did say it was a "veteran" defenseman. Anybody wanna make some guesses.

I'm going with Mike Commodore.

Commmmon Lidstrom

I'd start going to church. Unfortunately, they said he might play tonight, and unless lids can get from Sweden to Detroit in 9 hours, I'm guessing it's not him.

Though I wouldn't doubt that if he wanted it done, Illitch would charter a Concord if it meant getting Lidstrom back.

Pavel Kubina?

This wouldn't surprise me. Some old, mediocre, hack to fill in for our young, mediocre, hacks.

I realize that this is a stop gap measure, but I wish Holland would stop being so reluctant to lose talent and take a chance on a legit trade.

I'd start going to church. Unfortunately, they said he might play tonight, and unless lids can get from Sweden to Detroit in 9 hours, I'm guessing it's not him.

Though I wouldn't doubt that if he wanted it done, Illitch would charter a Concord if it meant getting Lidstrom back.

Too bad Concorde's are out of service.

I think the more important question is, who will this person be replacing

Commmmon Quincy

Read the article. It says the Wings need a player to replace Coliacavo and Ericsson.

Too bad Concorde's are out of service.

Zing! You totally got me on supersonic airplane trivia. Awesome dude! Feel free to insert the name of whatever really really fast jet is in service, and then reread my post and the mysterious point I was trying to make will reveal itself.

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! also tweeted about it this morning...

Ken Holland tells MLive he ow working to sign a veteran D for tonight's game. "Been on phone for couple hours" he said.

And Bob Duff with the Windsor Star tweeted a short list of available defensemen...

Some available UFA D - Chris Campoli, Mark Eaton. Brett Clark signed with OKC #AHL; Jurcina, Kubina in Europe. #redwings

Some one get up a list of the UFA Dmen... lol

it doesn't need to be a UFA, Holland could very well be dishing out pieces that are causing logjams at the front end. Ofcourse it's going to be fkn Lebda... Holland just LOVES giving chances

My guess is either Kubina or Lilja.

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! also tweeted about it this morning...

I thought I heard Kubina was playing in the Czech league, unless he can escape that contract. I'm not sure how those rules work but that'd be a hell of a trip. Czech to USA in 9 hours and be ready for a game? That'd be bananas.