• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

New Defenseman: Guess who?

Rate this topic

I thought I heard Kubina was playing in the Czech league, unless he can escape that contract. I'm not sure how those rules work but that'd be a hell of a trip. Czech to USA in 9 hours and be ready for a game? That'd be bananas.

Yeah, I modified my post when I realized that he was still in Europe. The quotes/tweets are all saying "for tonight's game", so that probably means Kubina is out.

If we're going to take on another former-Wing-as-a-reclamation-project, PLEASE let it be Lilja over Lebda...

Lilja was waived a couple days ago, why would Holland trade for him?

Nobody has said anything about a trade so far. All indications (admittedly very vague) are that Holland is signing someone, which would imply that it's a free agent.

Yeah, I modified my post when I realized that he was still in Europe. The quotes/tweets are all saying "for tonight's game", so that probably means Kubina is out.

If we're going to take on another former-Wing-as-a-reclamation-project, PLEASE let it be Lilja over Lebda...

If it were either of those two, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

It was no secret that going into the season the defense was already questionable. One or two injuries and it would be a disaster. Two games into the season and here we are.

Well I haven't been this excited about the Wings in about two days. And the hits just keep on coming.

Whoever it is, I'm preparing for the inevitable letdown right now. Without trading there are just no options, and it doesn't sound like anyone is getting traded. Ugh.

Edited by kipwinger

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2344286" data-time="1358869509"><p>

<br />

Nobody has said anything about a trade so far. All indications (admittedly very vague) are that Holland is signing someone, which would imply that it's a free agent. </p></blockquote>

Glad to hear we cleared that up.

Nothing that I've seen that definitely rules out a trade. But also not a single source that has used to word "trade" rather than "sign".

But Holland is playing it close to the chest, so the reporters probably don't know anything more than anyone else.

Edited by kipwinger

Also, this is pretty cool because we're guaranteed to know who it is by gametime - at the very, very latest.

Nothing that I've seen that definitely rules out a trade. But also not a single source that has used to word "trade" rather than "sign".

You killed my buzz, man.

Edited by Dabura

Well here are the options I see from the UFA list... although I'm not sure how it works with players that are playing in Europe...

Shaone Morrisonn - currently playing for HC Spartak Moscow

Jaroslav Spacek - retired (38 yrs old)

Chris Campoli - UFA

Pavel Kubina - currently playing for HC Vitkovice

Alexandre Picard - currently playing for HC Lev Praha

Brett Clark - currently playing in in AHL

Jeff Finger - UFA

Randy Jones - UFA

Sami Lepisto - currently playing for HC Lev Praha

Brad Lukowich - UFA

Colin White - UFA

I'd personally like to see us go to our youth again, as Lashoff impressed in his first game on both sides of the rink. Why not bring up Max Nicastro?

Lilja was waived a couple days ago, why would Holland trade for him?

Lilja cleared waivers and can be re-called without risk of being nabbed by another team (new rule in CBA)

"Thanks to the new CBA, there are no longer re-entry waivers, so either can be recalled by the Flyers without risk."