• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

New Defenseman: Guess who?

Rate this topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SwedeLundin77" data-cid="2344300" data-time="1358870337"><p>

Well here are the options I see from the UFA list... although I'm not sure how it works with players that are playing in Europe...<br />

<br />

Shaone Morrisonn - currently playing for HC Spartak Moscow<br />

Jaroslav Spacek - retired (38 yrs old)<br />

Chris Campoli - UFA<br />

Pavel Kubina - currently playing for HC Vitkovice<br />

Alexandre Picard - currently playing for HC Lev Praha<br />

Brett Clark - currently playing in in AHL<br />

Jeff Finger - UFA<br />

Randy Jones - UFA<br />

Sami Lepisto - currently playing for HC Lev Praha<br />

Brad Lukowich - UFA<br />

Colin White - UFA<br />

<br />

I'd personally like to see us go to our youth again, as Lashoff impressed in his first game on both sides of the rink. Why not bring up Max Nicastro?<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Lilja cleared waivers and can be re-called without risk of being nabbed by another team (new rule in CBA)<br />

<br />

"Thanks to the new CBA, there are no longer re-entry waivers, so either can be recalled by the Flyers without risk."</p></blockquote>

Might sound crazy but I would give Jeff finger a shot

Because it's Ken Holland.

also because our defense has been sub par (to be generous) thus far, and with even more injuries now he can't risk it getting worse. That and we can't deplete the GR defense completely they are down to 6 d-men without smith and lashoff as is

I tried to be cool and charm a little info from Ansar Khan on the mlive story. I called my buddy who works for mlive and (half) jokingly asked him to call Khan and squeeze him for info. I might resort to flat out begging him for info if he doesn't break the story soon.

Clearly, patience is not a virtue I exhibit with any sort of class.

Because it's Ken Holland.

Wouldn't it be completely opposite? Ken Holland strictly believes in developing through the draft and in-house. "Because it's Ken Holland" would normally result in him calling up Max Nicastro, instead of searching for an UFA. Nah i'm just busting your chops.

I tried to be cool and charm a little info from Ansar Khan on the mlive story. I called my buddy who works for mlive and (half) jokingly asked him to call Khan and squeeze him for info. I might resort to flat out begging him for info if he doesn't break the story soon.

my problem is you're being way too patient lol :nono:

Hmm, I was just about to go barge in to the mlive building here in Ann Arbor throwing my hands in the air requesting information about this. SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME DAMN INFORMATION. I can't even be productive on game-days, and then they throw me this information this morning? God. I can't even move from my laptop right now.

Wouldn't it be completely opposite? Ken Holland strictly believes in developing through the draft and in-house. "Because it's Ken Holland" would normally result in him calling up Max Nicastro, instead of searching for an UFA. Nah i'm just busting your chops.

Good point.

OK, it's half-Holland. It's an "outsider," but it's a veteran (which, in my mind, means fairly old guy. Which, of course, Holland lurves.)

EDIT: Wait, are we sure it's someone from outside the system? I sware I read something about Paetsch somewhere earlier this morning.

Edited by Dabura

Hmm, I was just about to go barge in to the mlive building here in Ann Arbor throwing my hands in the air requesting information about this. SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME DAMN INFORMATION. I can't even be productive on game-days, and then they throw me this information this morning? God. I can't even move from my laptop right now.

Haha, me neither. I give it about an hour before my girlfriend loses what little patience she has with me as well. HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest The Axe

Play the young guys. We need them to get the experience. Who cares if Grand Rapids is depleted.

It's Lidstrom. It has to be. It explains why we suck so much. We deliberately phoned it in, milked it, knowing Nick - being the great guy he is - would feel all sorts of guilty and come back to right the ship - ON OPENING NIGHT.

[dramatic music]

would Z lose his C? :(

Haha, me neither. I give it about an hour before my girlfriend loses what little patience she has with me as well. HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, our girlfriends could easily feel the pain together. Mine made the big mistake at buying me a subscription to GCL for this season (i know i know, we shouldn't have supported them but it feeds my addiction). Let's just say, this household has been playing hockey 24/7 whether I have it playing in the living room, our office, or our bedroom. I don't think she's seen me not watch hockey since the beginning of the season. i've been glued to every game watching over everyone.