• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

New Defenseman: Guess who?

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey
Seriously, what would it take to trade for Subban?

the wings don't have what it takes to trade for subban.

an offer sheet might be nice, but that requires a GM with balls.

Oh man, our girlfriends could easily feel the pain together. Mine made the big mistake at buying me a subscription to GCL for this season (i know i know, we shouldn't have supported them but it feeds my addiction). Let's just say, this household has been playing hockey 24/7 whether I have it playing in the living room, our office, or our bedroom. I don't think she's seen me not watch hockey since the beginning of the season. i've been glued to every game watching over everyone.

it's ok it took me two days before i cracked and bought center ice... mostly because I work and miss the first half of most games but with center ice i just have to restart from the beginning and it's like its live :) plus i can just use a proxy to get around blacked out games :P

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fat guy in a maltby jersey" data-cid="2344337" data-time="1358871773"><p>

<br />

the wings don't have what it takes to trade for subban.<br />

<br />

an offer sheet might be nice, but that requires a GM with balls.</p></blockquote>

What would we have to give up for an offer sheet?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2344333" data-time="1358871605"><p>

<br />

Oh man, our girlfriends could easily feel the pain together. Mine made the big mistake at buying me a subscription to GCL for this season (i know i know, we shouldn't have supported them but it feeds my addiction). Let's just say, this household has been playing hockey 24/7 whether I have it playing in the living room, our office, or our bedroom. I don't think she's seen me not watch hockey since the beginning of the season. i've been glued to every game watching over everyone. </p></blockquote>

My fiancé is already regretting allowing me to purchase center ice for half the season.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fat guy in a maltby jersey" data-cid="2344337" data-time="1358871773"><p>

<br />

the wings don't have what it takes to trade for subban.<br />

<br />

an offer sheet might be nice, but that requires a GM with balls.</p></blockquote>

if we gave out the offer sheet, i don't even think Subban would sign it. He knows that MTL would immediately match it. The rumors are that Subban wants a 5-yr term, while the club only wants to give him a 2-3 yr term. The money is where it should be, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's simply how long the contract is.

if we gave out the offer sheet, i don't even think Subban would sign it. He knows that MTL would immediately match it. The rumors are that Subban wants a 5-yr term, while the club only wants to give him a 2-3 yr term. The money is where it should be, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's simply how long the contract is.

Not only that, the habs would have i think a week to match it, that would be pointless considering he is talking about getting someone for tonights game. Where was this urgency before, Holland?

I just don't get the sense that after a lockout supposedly based partially on unfair contract negotiating practices that any GM wants to be the first to break the "gentleman's agreement" on offer sheets, days after signing a new CBA. Which is completely stupid, I think, because the rules governing RFA's are completely legitimate part of the current and last CBA, and other teams openly pursue them in other leagues with that rule. If Travis Zajac can get a max deal, a guy like P.K. Subban, who is a fan favorite, great young player, and excellent marketing asset should be getting that same consideration. And if Montreal wants to play hardball with a deal they should've done weeks ago (or last year), then other teams should be able to step in and force their hand. And yes, I was at the front of the line yelling for the Wings to offer sheet Weber, which the Flyers did. It did no damage to the Flyers, and forced the Preds into a long-term contract for a guy that could still be traded next July, if he wanted to force the issue.

They won't tell us until the introduction of the players tonight.

Said player will come out last, to his own entrance music.

If that's the case we only have eight more hours to go. Ugh.

I hope it's Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the PA announcer says, "And introducing, the newest member of the Detroit Red Wings, starting on defense number 3:16..." and then the glass shatters!