• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Stars 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Each and every game so far. Yes, they are terribly rusty/out of sync, but everyone is already calling for every player's head to roll. It's a short season, but we're only 1-2 (if we don't win tonight). Is there a reason to worry? Not yet. And yes, I realize it's a shortened season, but you have to give them a handful of games to hopefully start to gel.

...and there was no reason to worry last year (when we HAD Lids and Stu) when they couldn't score a goal...again, if it weren't for the new OT rules and a fluky home game win streak, they would have missed the playoffs last season...this has been a steady decline since 2009 and Holland refuses to make the deals he needs to make. Sure he went after Parise, but lost out, so he opted for Sammy? This team is stale. It's been that way throughout last season and thus far this season. There comes a time when change needs to happen. Our top 6 needs a shakeup....he needs to get what he can for Franzen and Filppula and go from there. It that means acquiring a REAL #1 defender or a REAL Sniper, it doesn't matter. Franzen may not even get you a high draft pick they way he hsa turned out.....but at least someone will come up with some heart...and Nyquist is not the one. He needs to get off the small skilled bus....one is fine, 8 is not...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="thegerkin" data-cid="2345133" data-time="1358910345"><p>

<br />

Each and every game so far. Yes, they are terribly rusty/out of sync, but everyone is already calling for every player's head to roll. It's a short season, but we're only 1-2 (if we don't win tonight). Is there a reason to worry? Not yet. And yes, I realize it's a shortened season, but you have to give them a handful of games to hopefully start to gel.</p></blockquote>

I guess I am just looking at the decline of the last 3 years and the product that has been put in front of us this year.