• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Stars 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Rofl, we can basically field a line with simply injured players. That category does not look pretty at all, luckily we'll have helmer and bert back Friday. BIG GAME TONIGHT BOYS BIG GAME BIG GAME. I'm excited to see how they play their first back-to-back game of the season. I think the crowd at the Joe carry the Wings to a 4-2 wing over the Dallas Stars. Brunner, Smith, Cleary and Sammy have goals for Detroit.

Also, upcoming schedule shows the Dallas stars on the 29th, but it displays that we're playing Minn via text.

Nyquist up from GR & in for Sammy tonight per Kahn:

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/293759053140742144

Sammy out pulling his groin.

Edit: And so this isn't just a repeat, Babs has evidently confirmed that the Wings have signed a D-man. Name still pending though but it appears Chris Campoli's name is the one that's coming up the most.

https://twitter.com/Bill_Roose/status/293759555299586048

Edited by ogreslayer

I will continue in wait-and-see mode until the Zombie line gets healthy. Stupid penalties against CBJ put them back in the game, and Z was one of the offenders. He needs to recognize his leadership sets an example.

Jagr was adored for his play against the Coyotes, but against a GOOD team (Minnie), he only got 3 shots on goal. Meh.

Wings, 2-1.

Datsyuk really going to center that first line??

Sounds like a good idea to me.

It didn't make sense that they were putting him in to win face-offs last night, but he wasn't even taking face-offs on his own line.

Given our amount of injuries we need to take advantage of any slim chance we get, and there is no better way to do that than make home ice at the Joe a fortress for the shortened season; just like we did with our winning streak last year.

This is a game we should be winning on paper. Granted Jagr is there but other than that nothing jumps out.

In the off-season they acquired:

C Cody Earkin, RW Jaromir Jagr, Backup G Cristopher Nihlstorp, D Aaron Rome, C Derek Roy, RW Reilly Smith, and LW Ray Whitney.

Earkin had his breakout season in the NHL last year where he played 30 games for the Capitals with 8 points. Nihlstorp came from Sweden and is an NHL rookie at 28. Given Lethonen is there I doubt he will get much time. Aaron Rome comes from the Canucks where he played 43 games and had 10 points with only 1 game played in the playoffs. Derek Roy is an established NHL winger playing more than 70 games per season (barring 2010) for 7 seasons with the Sabres. This is his second NHL team. His career year was in 2007-08 when he had 81 points. His productivity has steadily decreased since then with 44 points last year.

Reilly Smith is a brand new rookie having been drafted 2 years ago. He has only played in 3 NHL games. Lastly Ray Whitney is a veteran and a former Red Wing (03-04 season). He is coming off a 2nd best career year at Phoneix with 77 points. He also had 7 points in the playoffs. At 40 he is looking to finish his career on a high note.

All in all it seems Jagr, Whitney, and Roy are the players they have bet on this season. 2 are NHL veterans in Jagr and Whitney and Roy is a solid scorer who will lead the first line at center.

I like this match up a lot. We swept them in all 4 games last season and it's time to continue the tradition.

Edited by Russian Houdini

Well Franzen did get 2 points last night so maybe people need to get off his back. I think we are going to have to scrap for a lot of wins this year, looking for a regulation win myself. I'll call it 3-1 Detroit.

Well Franzen did get 2 points last night so maybe people need to get off his back. I think we are going to have to scrap for a lot of wins this year, looking for a regulation win myself. I'll call it 3-1 Detroit.

Hah, Franzen will need to win a Hart trophy before that happens.

I want to see Howard get a you know what tonight, and Brunner gets on the board officially.

Curious to see if the wings are conditioned to play back to back games this early in a season. Hopefully the 3rd period will not be a big mess like the columbus game. Looking for the youngsters to bring some energy, and push the rest of the team. I am assuming the Joe is going to be rocking.