• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Stars 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

WTF happend to Tootoo? He had that huge hit in the 1st and I didn't hear from him since....maybe he was told by Holland, listen, we don't play that way in Detroit...sit in the corner until you learn.

Blame your boy Babcock. He just doesn't like playing tough players.

Ran into a hot netminder, it happens.

No reason to panic, they get Kindl, E and Bert back Friday. That is when REAL panic should set in.

we do that a lot, maybe the goalie isn't hot but instead were hitting them with the puck... when it becomes a trend, they aren't all hot tenders...

WTF happend to Tootoo? He had that huge hit in the 1st and I didn't hear from him since....maybe he was told by Holland, listen, we don't play that way in Detroit...sit in the corner until you learn.

i would have to say it was because we couldn't bury for the life of us and I love Tootoo's game but it isn't built around goal scoring...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2345199" data-time="1358911355"><p>

an sadly Minny is going to come in Friday and destroy us.....then we have to listen to centcougar all frickin night!</p></blockquote>

I was hoping his mom took away his internet privileges

Very impressed with Bruns, he looks more promising each game; Howard did a solid job with very little help from the defense. It wasn't a disaster like the first game.

I'll stop there.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

i love the people blaming this loss on a hot netminder. did you miss howard bailing the wings out for the first half of the game?

I gotta say I'm really beginning to hope Franzen gets traded, if this is the kind of effort we can expect from him on a regular basis then he can leave

I don't think he'll continue to be the playoff beast he once was, if we can get even half-way decent return for him I'd probably take it

not that I really believe Holland will ever do it, that'd be like admitting retroactively that he should've chosen Hossa

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2345199" data-time="1358911355"><p>

an sadly Minny is going to come in Friday and destroy us.....then we have to listen to centcougar all frickin night!</p></blockquote>

I was hoping his mom took away his internet privileges

He'll get here somehow....maybe under the name Suter/Parise For President.

i love the people blaming this loss on a hot netminder. did you miss howard bailing the wings out for the first half of the game?

Exactly, like I said, I think it was Dallas who got out goaltended...it could have been 6 or 7 goals....

Great for Brunner to get one in. Won't feel cursed anymore.

Huskins looked alright. I think he should be paired with smith.

Smith looked good but tried to do too much out there at times.

Datsyuk didn't really play great until he was split from Z.

Lashoff looked alright.

Nyquist didn't impress much. Which I really hoped he would.

All in all I think we were stood up by a great goalie - a bit tired from back to back games, and the additions of Helm and Bert should lift this team.

It wasn't a hot goaltender, it was that we gave him the confidence he needed at the end. When you throw non-stop perimeter shots that are easy to stop, you give the goalie time to gain confidence, once he has that confidence set in he'll get into the zone. Once a goalie is within that zone, it's bad news. I can't judge this team until we aren't so damn deep with injuries, but tonight was frustrating. I'm sick of missing the heart, missing the motivation. Our top 6 looks stale, they don't look like they want to win. I practically just want to say, when it becomes that time, you need to switch up the top 6 and make it fresh. When people get used to their jobs, they become complacent, last thing we need right now. Franzen laying on the ice for a solid 30 seconds was the last call for me, I wanted to haze the living *swear word* out of his body.

Without being too stupid, because I hate over-reacting to situations like this, but if theres 2 things I want to take away from this it's this;

(a) Babcock is an amazing coach, but he needs the players to make this happen. He needs the motivated players that will listen to him, and will execute. It seems like this team needs another Bowman, someone who will get down their throat, who won't let complacency set in. Unfortunately, I feel like Babcock is trying to calm them down too much. Yeah, don't get them scared and un-motivated that they can't accomplish anything, but reminding them that "oh, well next game will be better" isn't the answer. Someone needs to get down some throats and get some motivation out of these players. I'd be hazing some bodies if I have some asshats under my command like this.

(b) we're injured like no other. 2/3 of our star 3rd line is out, we're missing 2 our of defensemen. Kent Huskins played good tonight, sadly him and lashoff worked the most. We need the basics right now, seriously boys, THE BASICS. Stop trying to be better than you are, stick with the basics and good things will happen. Once you establish the basics, you can move on to bigger and better things.

I thought they played extremely well, but when you play back to back like this the other team will always have the advantage in the third. Pucks just did not want to go in. They will start though.

Was their 3rd game in 4 nights also. I do understand what you are saying though.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey
More worried about your depression and crappy attitude ..need a hug fat guy?

thanks for the concern!

Ran into a hot netminder, it happens.

No reason to panic, they get Kindl, E and Bert back Friday. That is when REAL panic should set in.

Yeah 40 shots tonight. If we can get that many shots and have Howard play well, we should be fine.

It's only been 3 games people. However, if you want to get all stressed out and lose sleep over a 1-2-0 start, be my guest. If we fall back (it's bound to happen), that just means a better position for a impact player in the draft.

Brunner and Howard have been the only bright spots so far. Franzen is about the same as last year lazy and slow. Yet he continues to get ice time ahead of guys that are busting their asses and that will go to the front of the net. As much as I hate to see Z and Pav split I do think that it had to be done because the 2nd line was not doing anything. Franzen and Flip didnt work last year, hello!

I'm glad Brunner got that goal, no one deserved it more. Super impressed with his character and determination towards the end, he was skating hard, fighting for pucks, making good plays, shooting the puck, and then when all hope was lost he took the puck into the zone himself, got it deep, and created the situation that led to the goal. Great work.

It's easy to feel pessimistic after this game but I didn't think it was too bad. We had a good 1st, a bad 2nd and first half of the 3rd, and a good finish. Howard was amazing but we couldn't solve Lehtonen. It's not all 'bad luck', but it can't go like this every game. We have so many posts, so many open nets missed, so many should-have-gone-ins during this game and the last, it will build up and goals will start coming easier.