• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT : Stars 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Just got back from the game. Beer was half price so I enjoyed that generously.

Howard played a great game. The offense struggled to maintain any kind of pressure in the Dallas end, and the forechecking definitely needs work. Detroit didn't play like they were busy trying to call in a Pizza Hut delivery order while the game was going on like in St. Louis, but the urgency wasn't as astute as it was in Columbus.

well big question is if and i know his going to San Jose but IF Scott Gomez showed any intrest in us do you think he would have been helpful or just another waste of space like Sammy?

Sammy is about 100x the player Gomez is.

well big question is if and i know his going to San Jose but IF Scott Gomez showed any intrest in us do you think he would have been helpful or just another waste of space like Sammy?

One calendar year without scoring.

An entire 365 day period without scoring a single goal while making $7 million per year. And thats without any major injury or lockout, and with several games being a healthy scratch.

lol didnt you just argue that Sammy is 100x the player of Gomez? now your retorting?

Sorry just some sarcasm. I just know how much Dabura loves 30+ year old, small players without a team.

Not too mention he'll come cheap! Think about it, a nice reclamation project on a nice cheap deal.

This team does need youth and/or quality players not some guys, looking for whatever job is left..

If things aren't better after 10 games Holland has to try to get a number 1 defenceman for this team it that doesn't work, just call it a season and enjoy a very good pick since forever :-)

This team does need youth and/or quality players not some guys, looking for whatever job is left..

If things aren't better after 10 games Holland has to try to get a number 1 defenceman for this team it that doesn't work, just call it a season and enjoy a very good pick since forever :-)

spot on i mean i think this may be the year we miss the playoffs good thing is its a short year and maybe a wake up call

Guys, arguing in an internet forum is tantamount to arguing over whose mother packed them a better boxed lunch in 3rd grade. Let's keep it together here.

Agreed. Lot of new faces, lot of changes, give them time to get it together a little bit. Especially considering there was no preseason, a shortened training camp, there's a handful of teams in the same situation right now that will find themselves in the playoffs. Look at the standings right now and tell me it's not complete chaos.

Agreed. Lot of new faces, lot of changes, give them time to get it together a little bit. Especially considering there was no preseason, a shortened training camp, there's a handful of teams in the same situation right now that will find themselves in the playoffs. Look at the standings right now and tell me it's not complete chaos.

I'd feel a lot better if this roster were really great on paper, as that would make our performances thus far truly WTF-ish. As it is, though, you tend to get what you ice, and, IMHO, we're icing a very shaky roster. So, it's not that surprising that we suck.

But, alas, all we can do is wait and see how things unfold. Hear's to that, I guess.

Edited by Dabura

I'd feel a lot better if this roster were really great on paper, as that would make our performances thus far truly WTF-ish. As it is, though, you tend to get what you ice, and, IMHO, we're icing a very shaky roster. So, it's not that surprising that we suck.

But, alas, all we can do is wait and see how things unfold. Hear's to that, I guess.

At least we're not Philly. And we're only a point out of a playoff spot. Los Angeles, Vancouver and Washington both have worse GA/g too, lots of teams not clicking early. I don't think we can definitely say how good one team is to another, let's give it a couple weeks, unless we just play terrible every game until then.

Do need to get our offense going, I don't think it's going to take too long we've been getting chances. Just have to change up the lines a little bit. I liked seeing Flip on the wing with Datsyuk. Wouldn't mind seeing Brunner-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi, Filpulla-Datsyuk-Franzen next game, we have to get that second line creating chances, Bertuzzi has enough skill and is pretty good in the corners, he should fit right in with Brunner nand Z. Filpulla/Datsyuk can dig in the corners and Franzen should be able to trip and fall in front of goalie at some point.

Drew Sharp sucks but this is funny....."How about having a Kyle Quincey Night? The Wings can pick one fan who would replace the struggling defenseman for that game."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130123/COL08/301230142/Drew-Sharp-detroit-Red-Wings-can-t-score-Who-are-these-guys-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Its true, I knew when I came here today there would be a lot of this...but GOMEZ?! As long as we can get a somewhat healthy roster for a few games and drills they will be a good team. Will they take to long? time will tell I guess

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well i was right with the prediction but wrong with the score.

i was off by two goals.

i really feel the defensive pairings need to be mixed up.

maybe even the offensive pairings too.

but nothing needs more work then the Powerplay. 0/15? thats just inexcusable. i know its 3 games in but still.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the percentage of Red Wings who have been playing in Europe is compared to other NHL teams. I mean, here we are as fans, all fired up for the start of league play, and we have in our heads visions of the players chomping at the bit, eagerly waiting to get back into action. But the fact is that several of our guys have already been playing half a season, and now they have to switch gears, move half way around the world, and get right back into it. I'm usually not one to excuse millionaires for not putting out effort, but if some of these guys seem to be tired right now, it's quite possible that they really are!