• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#481 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Big effing NO to Scott Gomez. He is the very last thing this club needs.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#482 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Sammy is about 100x the player Gomez is.

True, and thats saying alot

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#483 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

well big question is if and i know his going to San Jose but IF Scott Gomez showed any intrest in us do you think he would have been helpful or just another waste of space like Sammy?

One calendar year without scoring.

An entire 365 day period without scoring a single goal while making $7 million per year. And thats without any major injury or lockout, and with several games being a healthy scratch. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#484 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Big effing NO to Scott Gomez. He is the very last thing this club needs.

I don't know about that. Gomez has some valuable experience and a good veteran presence.

#485 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I don't know about that. Gomez has some valuable experience and a good veteran presence.

:plain:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#486 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

:plain:

Not too mention he'll come cheap! Think about it, a nice reclamation project on a nice cheap deal.

#487 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Not too mention he'll come cheap! Think about it, a nice reclamation project on a nice cheap deal.

lol didnt you just argue that Sammy is 100x the player of Gomez? now your retorting?

#488 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

lol didnt you just argue that Sammy is 100x the player of Gomez? now your retorting?

Sorry just some sarcasm. I just know how much Dabura loves 30+ year old, small players without a team.

#489 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Sorry just some sarcasm. I just know how much Dabura loves 30+ year old, small players without a team.

lol oh got ya

#490 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

This team does need youth and/or quality players not some guys, looking for whatever job is left..

If things aren't better after 10 games Holland has to try to get a number 1 defenceman for this team it that doesn't work, just call it a season and enjoy a very good pick since forever :-)

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#491 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

This team does need youth and/or quality players not some guys, looking for whatever job is left..

If things aren't better after 10 games Holland has to try to get a number 1 defenceman for this team it that doesn't work, just call it a season and enjoy a very good pick since forever :-)

spot on i mean i think this may be the year we miss the playoffs good thing is its a short year and maybe a wake up call

#492 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I MISS THE LOCKOUT! TAKE ME BACK TO DEAR OLD BLIGHTY! :shout:

Edited by Dabura, 23 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#493 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

The point is moot anyway. He's signed with San Jose for less than $1 million. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#494 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Guys, arguing in an internet forum is tantamount to arguing over whose mother packed them a better boxed lunch in 3rd grade. Let's keep it together here. 

#495 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Guys, arguing in an internet forum is tantamount to arguing over whose mother packed them a better boxed lunch in 3rd grade. Let's keep it together here. 

Agreed. Lot of new faces, lot of changes, give them time to get it together a little bit. Especially considering there was no preseason, a shortened training camp, there's a handful of teams in the same situation right now that will find themselves in the playoffs. Look at the standings right now and tell me it's not complete chaos. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#496 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Agreed. Lot of new faces, lot of changes, give them time to get it together a little bit. Especially considering there was no preseason, a shortened training camp, there's a handful of teams in the same situation right now that will find themselves in the playoffs. Look at the standings right now and tell me it's not complete chaos. 

I'd feel a lot better if this roster were really great on paper, as that would make our performances thus far truly WTF-ish. As it is, though, you tend to get what you ice, and, IMHO, we're icing a very shaky roster. So, it's not that surprising that we suck.

But, alas, all we can do is wait and see how things unfold. Hear's to that, I guess.

Edited by Dabura, 23 January 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#497 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'd feel a lot better if this roster were really great on paper, as that would make our performances thus far truly WTF-ish. As it is, though, you tend to get what you ice, and, IMHO, we're icing a very shaky roster. So, it's not that surprising that we suck.

But, alas, all we can do is wait and see how things unfold. Hear's to that, I guess.

At least we're not Philly. And we're only a point out of a playoff spot. Los Angeles, Vancouver and Washington both have worse GA/g too, lots of teams not clicking early. I don't think we can definitely say how good one team is to another, let's give it a couple weeks, unless we just play terrible every game until then.

Do need to get our offense going, I don't think it's going to take too long we've been getting chances. Just have to change up the lines a little bit. I liked seeing Flip on the wing with Datsyuk. Wouldn't mind seeing Brunner-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi, Filpulla-Datsyuk-Franzen next game, we have to get that second line creating chances, Bertuzzi has enough skill and is pretty good in the corners, he should fit right in with Brunner nand Z. Filpulla/Datsyuk can dig in the corners and Franzen should be able to trip and fall in front of goalie at some point.

#498 SFwingsfan

SFwingsfan

Helm's Hoes

• HoF Booster
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Drew Sharp sucks but this is funny....."How about having a Kyle Quincey Night? The Wings can pick one fan who would replace the struggling defenseman for that game."

http://www.freep.com...|text|FRONTPAGE

#499 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Its true, I knew when I came here today there would be a lot of this...but GOMEZ?!  As long as we can get a somewhat healthy roster for a few games and drills they will be a good team.  Will they take to long?  time will tell I guess

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#500 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

well i was right with the prediction but wrong with the score.

i was off by two goals.

i really feel the defensive pairings need to be mixed up.

maybe even the offensive pairings too. 

but nothing needs more work then the Powerplay. 0/15? thats just inexcusable. i know its 3 games in but still.