• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I think Emmerton is working harder right now.

#2 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Emmerton, for sure.  When Helm and Bert are back it would be nice to see Cleary rotated in and out of the lineup, but I'm not sure Babcock would do that.

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Neither should be on the main roster.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

When healthy (and after Nyquist's play makes it impossible to send him back to GR)........

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Franzen - Flipper - Nyquist

Bert - Helm - Sammy

Eaves/Miller - Abby - Tootoo

But Emmerton hasn't looked completely terrible like Cleary.

Edited by rick zombo, 22 January 2013 - 12:22 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#5 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think our 3rd line is our worst right now.  It doesn't have enough speed without Helm.  Maybe Eaves can help that out when he is back into game shape but he seems slow as well as expected after 14 months without a game.

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

I think this all gets sorted when Helm and Bert are back.  Give the lineup a chance to play as it was originally intended and we'll see what we have.  I don't think Emmerton's been bad, and I don't think Cleary has been as bad as some around here think.  But we don't know what we have until we've got a full contingent of forwards.  With Helm and Bert back, Cleary doesn't have to carry the puck which should improve his effectiveness, and Abby/Tootoo/Miller or Eaves should mismatch against other fourth lines, necessitating line matchups and clearing the ice up for the third line as well. 

Let's see what we have, and then act accordingly.  But I agree in principle with the OP, Emmerton is working really hard. 

Edited by kipwinger, 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yes, Cleary has looked pretty bad overall. He's been slow, easily knocked off the puck, and is losing all the puck battles. I thought this would be different since he had time to heal from his injuries and come back rejuvenated, but unfortunately, I just think Cleary has just lost a step. 

#8 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Im really not sure how this works but at this point can you say goodbye to one or both?  There are other players in GR that could really help the makeup of this team.  Im just not sure of the buyout/waiver rules and such...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yes, Cleary has looked pretty bad overall. He's been slow, easily knocked off the puck, and is losing all the puck battles. I thought this would be different since he had time to heal from his injuries and come back rejuvenated, but unfortunately, I just think Cleary has just lost a step. 

And EVERY Cleary shot is weak and from the side boards.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#10 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

At least Emmerton plays hard and has speed. If Tootoo could teach him how to forecheck he could be a "poor mans" Helm.

#11 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

When healthy (and after Nyquist's play makes it impossible to send him back to GR)........

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Bert - Helm - Sammy

:blink: Did you see something we didn't? For him to be over-ready for the NHL he sure didn't make an impact last night nor did I even find myself saying, wow, Nyquist is good...he was invisible, did not impress what-so-ever.  For all the hype for him, he should be making an statement much like Brunner is. IMO, Nyquist is just another Mursak...over hyped and never gonna be anything more than what he already is....and that is not good.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#12 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

:blink: Did you see something we didn't? For him to be over-ready for the NHL he sure didn't make an impact last night nor did I even find myself saying, wow, Nyquist is good...he was invisible, did not impress what-so-ever.  For all the hype for him, he should be making an statement much like Brunner is. IMO, Nyquist is just another Mursak...over hyped and never gonna be anything more than what he already is....and that is not good.

Brunner is playing 18-20 minutes a night, on the first powerplay, with Zetterberg and Datsyuk duct taped to his side.

Nyquist looked more than fine out there. His play was very good along the boards in the defensive zone, he back checked hard, he had two scoring chances, all in just 11 minutes of ice time. He's playing a third line role, with abdelkader at center.

Man lefty, I don't like calling you out all the damn time but some of the things you say just make no sense. Mursak has just 4 points in 45 games, Nyquist has 7 in 19. Come on, how can you compare the two?

By the way, Datsyuk had 5 points in his first 19 games, with 2 points in the 19th game, he must have been Mursak as well.

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

As much as I dislike Emmerton, he has looked decent. I think he'll sit once Bertuzzi and Helm are back, though.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Bert - Helm - Sammy

THIS. but will never happen with babs...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think that Emmerton is borderline useless, but Cleary is currently playing like he's planning to retire after this season. He's clearly not weighed down by knee problems anymore---he's fast again---but he is putting forth virtually no effort. He was one of my favorite players over the past six seasons, but now he appears to be completely apathetic. I don't get it.

THIS. but will never happen with babs...

A bit arbitrary, wouldn't you say? When Helm is back, Abdelkader will be fourth-line center.

#16 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think that Emmerton is borderline useless, but Cleary is currently playing like he's planning to retire after this season. He's clearly not weighed down by knee problems anymore---he's fast again---but he is putting forth virtually no effort. He was one of my favorite players over the past six seasons, but now he appears to be completely apathetic. I don't get it.

A bit arbitrary, wouldn't you say? When Helm is back, Abdelkader will be fourth-line center.

Cleary is just rusty.