• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Emdog or Cleary?

Rate this topic

When healthy (and after Nyquist's play makes it impossible to send him back to GR)........

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Franzen - Flipper - Nyquist

Bert - Helm - Sammy

Eaves/Miller - Abby - Tootoo

But Emmerton hasn't looked completely terrible like Cleary.

Edited by rick zombo

I think our 3rd line is our worst right now. It doesn't have enough speed without Helm. Maybe Eaves can help that out when he is back into game shape but he seems slow as well as expected after 14 months without a game.

I think this all gets sorted when Helm and Bert are back. Give the lineup a chance to play as it was originally intended and we'll see what we have. I don't think Emmerton's been bad, and I don't think Cleary has been as bad as some around here think. But we don't know what we have until we've got a full contingent of forwards. With Helm and Bert back, Cleary doesn't have to carry the puck which should improve his effectiveness, and Abby/Tootoo/Miller or Eaves should mismatch against other fourth lines, necessitating line matchups and clearing the ice up for the third line as well.

Let's see what we have, and then act accordingly. But I agree in principle with the OP, Emmerton is working really hard.

Edited by kipwinger

Yes, Cleary has looked pretty bad overall. He's been slow, easily knocked off the puck, and is losing all the puck battles. I thought this would be different since he had time to heal from his injuries and come back rejuvenated, but unfortunately, I just think Cleary has just lost a step.

Yes, Cleary has looked pretty bad overall. He's been slow, easily knocked off the puck, and is losing all the puck battles. I thought this would be different since he had time to heal from his injuries and come back rejuvenated, but unfortunately, I just think Cleary has just lost a step.

And EVERY Cleary shot is weak and from the side boards.

When healthy (and after Nyquist's play makes it impossible to send him back to GR)........

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Bert - Helm - Sammy

:blink: Did you see something we didn't? For him to be over-ready for the NHL he sure didn't make an impact last night nor did I even find myself saying, wow, Nyquist is good...he was invisible, did not impress what-so-ever. For all the hype for him, he should be making an statement much like Brunner is. IMO, Nyquist is just another Mursak...over hyped and never gonna be anything more than what he already is....and that is not good.

:blink: Did you see something we didn't? For him to be over-ready for the NHL he sure didn't make an impact last night nor did I even find myself saying, wow, Nyquist is good...he was invisible, did not impress what-so-ever. For all the hype for him, he should be making an statement much like Brunner is. IMO, Nyquist is just another Mursak...over hyped and never gonna be anything more than what he already is....and that is not good.

Brunner is playing 18-20 minutes a night, on the first powerplay, with Zetterberg and Datsyuk duct taped to his side.

Nyquist looked more than fine out there. His play was very good along the boards in the defensive zone, he back checked hard, he had two scoring chances, all in just 11 minutes of ice time. He's playing a third line role, with abdelkader at center.

Man lefty, I don't like calling you out all the damn time but some of the things you say just make no sense. Mursak has just 4 points in 45 games, Nyquist has 7 in 19. Come on, how can you compare the two?

By the way, Datsyuk had 5 points in his first 19 games, with 2 points in the 19th game, he must have been Mursak as well.

Z - Pavs - Brunner

Bert - Helm - Sammy

THIS. but will never happen with babs...

Guest Crymson

I think that Emmerton is borderline useless, but Cleary is currently playing like he's planning to retire after this season. He's clearly not weighed down by knee problems anymore---he's fast again---but he is putting forth virtually no effort. He was one of my favorite players over the past six seasons, but now he appears to be completely apathetic. I don't get it.

THIS. but will never happen with babs...

A bit arbitrary, wouldn't you say? When Helm is back, Abdelkader will be fourth-line center.

Guest The Axe

I think that Emmerton is borderline useless, but Cleary is currently playing like he's planning to retire after this season. He's clearly not weighed down by knee problems anymore---he's fast again---but he is putting forth virtually no effort. He was one of my favorite players over the past six seasons, but now he appears to be completely apathetic. I don't get it.

A bit arbitrary, wouldn't you say? When Helm is back, Abdelkader will be fourth-line center.

Cleary is just rusty.