• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Samuelsson out (groin), Nyquist up from GR

Rate this topic

Yes! Samuelsson has been terrible so far on the second line. I'm not happy he is injured, but I would rather have Nyquist in that spot regardless.

Can't wait to see Nyquist and hoping he plays well enough to stick around.

Edited by GoWings1905

I think I might actually have preferred to see Ferraro or Tatar. Nyquist is the better player no doubt, but I don't think we need another playmaker in the top six. A shooter might have been more of a help. If Nyquist steps in to Samuelsson's spot, with no line shuffling, then all the defense needs to do is key on Franzen as clearly Nyquist and Flip are reluctant to shoot the puck.

It is pretty funny how we all bitched and moaned about Bert and Sammy and Colaiacavo being on the roster, and now Bert and Sammy and Colaiacavo aren't on the roster.

We all new Gus would get a shot up this year when injuries hit. This is a big opportunity for him, that 2nd line has not looked particularly special, I'd love to see him develop some chemistry with Fil and Mule.

sammy should have never been signed, water under the bridge. gus needs to play, to see if he can play. IMHO Gus will be lucky to be a 40 point per season guy. He is very small and not very fast. yes he can handle the puck, but that is hard to do while you are laying on your backside.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Richdg" data-cid="2344547" data-time="1358879897"><p>

sammy should have never been signed, water under the bridge. gus needs to play, to see if he can play. IMHO Gus will be lucky to be a 40 point per season guy. He is very small and not very fast. yes he can handle the puck, but that is hard to do while you are laying on your backside.</p></blockquote>

40 points per season in the first couple years of his nhl career would be pretty good. And he's only going to get better

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GoWings1905" data-cid="2344628" data-time="1358884931"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Axe" data-cid="2344542" data-time="1358879698"><p><br />

As long as he doesnt bump Emdog</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Helm will take care of that on Friday.</p></blockquote>

Gotta agree with that one. Helm is great.

sammy should have never been signed, water under the bridge. gus needs to play, to see if he can play. IMHO Gus will be lucky to be a 40 point per season guy. He is very small and not very fast. yes he can handle the puck, but that is hard to do while you are laying on your backside.

Amen on the Sammy bit - Seeing Brunner floating around on those power plays yesterday and actually making quick decisions with the puck from that left side (and not missing the net by 10 feet when he did shoot) was refreshing. Using Sammy on the PP has always been less about Sammy and more about the Wings' legendary inability to find a great right-handed shooting defenseman for the power play. Rafalski was that guy to a degree, but he was more of a passer and had that low shot. Ian White is not Brian Rafalski. I don't know that Brunner has a heavy enough shot to rain it in from the point, but he looks to be a much more accurate shooter, and he's certainly more skilled with the puck.

There are 18 and 19 years olds playing all over the league. Couturier got significant minutes on a Philly team last year that was actually pretty good. Nyquist should have a shot at the lineup, and other guys like Tatar should probably have a crack too, instead of wasting spots and money on guys like Tootoo and Samuelsson.

Amen on the Sammy bit - Seeing Brunner floating around on those power plays yesterday and actually making quick decisions with the puck from that left side (and not missing the net by 10 feet when he did shoot) was refreshing. Using Sammy on the PP has always been less about Sammy and more about the Wings' legendary inability to find a great right-handed shooting defenseman for the power play. Rafalski was that guy to a degree, but he was more of a passer and had that low shot. Ian White is not Brian Rafalski. I don't know that Brunner has a heavy enough shot to rain it in from the point, but he looks to be a much more accurate shooter, and he's certainly more skilled with the puck.

There are 18 and 19 years olds playing all over the league. Couturier got significant minutes on a Philly team last year that was actually pretty good. Nyquist should have a shot at the lineup, and other guys like Tatar should probably have a crack too, instead of wasting spots and money on guys like Tootoo and Samuelsson.

So you'd rather have Tatar play 7 minutes in 5 on 5 last night than Tootoo?