• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#141 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Like Ian White, Colaiacovo, or Quincey?  Because that's exactly who you did get. 

Also, since when is being overly aggressive a bad thing.  Everybody hated Tootoo until yesterday.  Personally, I think some roughneck m*****f***** is exactly what we need.  How many times do we have to say, "we need someone to stand up for our stars"?  Wizniewski does, which I can't say for any member of our current defense.

Have you stopped and compared Colaiacovo and Quincey's numbers to Wiz?? Pretty much the same. White is the only one that has a bit of the suck factor. One day we need Numbers...the next day we need a  roughneck as you put it.....

God forbid we overpay a good player as opposed to overpaying for Ericsson in the same offseason. 

hahahaha go on compare a "good" player as you call wiz to our current d men.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#142 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

If he stays healthy i really like this signing. Kent isn't gonna give you moster numbers by any means. But he is very solid defensively and can occasionally put the puck in the net. And got him for dirt cheap as well. Atta boy Kenny!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#143 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Have you stopped and compared Colaiacovo and Quincey's numbers to Wiz?? Pretty much the same. White is the only one that has a bit of the suck factor. One day we need Numbers...the next day we need a  roughneck as you put it.....

hahahaha go on compare a "good" player as you call wiz to our current d men.

White has exactly the same number of points (176) in 100 more games than Wiz.  Colaiacovo has 68 fewer points in 7 fewer games.  YOU might want to compare the numbers hombre.  Wiz puts up better numbers, is a PP quarterback (like we couldn't use one of those), plays more minutes per game, AND is a roughneck.  That's why he's a "good" player, and they aren't as good.

Edited by kipwinger, 22 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#144 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

How anyone still has confidence in Holland is a mystery. Andersson doesnt have the leg up in Europe anymore, and Scotty Bowman is long gone. Holland is now getting exposed for what he is = a guy who got lucky to have Andersson and Bowman calling shots for him.

I mean listen to some of the posts on here. "I like this signing.". What?

#145 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Jesus H.....at least give the guy a chance to play a game in the Winged Wheel before writing him off. Who knows, maybe playing in Red and White will inspire him to play above his normal level.

#146 SFwingsfan

SFwingsfan

Helm's Hoes

• HoF Booster
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

guys been bouncing back and forth between NHL / AHL for ten years, i don't recall much about him other than he is a big body, for 750K, i'll take em.

#147 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

How anyone still has confidence in Holland is a mystery. Andersson doesnt have the leg up in Europe anymore, and Scotty Bowman is long gone. Holland is now getting exposed for what he is = a guy who got lucky to have Andersson and Bowman calling shots for him.

Yea, why have confidence in Holland?  All the playoff appearances, the Stanley Cups as recent as 2008 and the finals in 2009.  I mean, geez, he really has lost it.  I give up.  You win.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#148 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

He didn't refuse to sign with Detroit, his rights were traded to Columbus and he signed with them before free agency started.  Might want to be accurate the next time.

Accurate?  Yeah, you're spot on!  Let's just say he was never really interested, because well, he knew someone would overpay and that someone wasn't Kenny H.

Speaking of money, Canton's James Wisniewski signed a six-year deal with Columbus valued at $5.5 million a season. The Red Wings were interested, but not at that price or that term.

"For me, knowing Detroit's history they don't really pay the market value for a defenseman or any player,'' Wisniewski said on NHL Live. "So I didn't think that was going to be a fit for myself.

http://www.mlive.com...nto_biddin.html

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#149 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Holland hasnt hit a homer since Hossa.

#150 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yea, why have confidence in Holland?  All the playoff appearances, the Stanley Cups as recent as 2008 and the finals in 2009.  I mean, geez, he really has lost it.  I give up.  You win.

I agree, people keep coming up with this lame argument that he inherited the team from Bowman..well no s*** he did..everyone inherits a team from someone. Kenny was lucky as hell to get his from Bowman.  Its the same lame argument people used to make about Ozzie, " he's just a product of his team, he's not that good".  Well what did you expect Ozzie to do back then , " Mr Holland, I don't wish to play for this team you've put in front of me, they are too good and I don't want people to think I'm maybe better then what I am". He still had to stop enough pucks to win everynight and he did a good job of that.  Does Kenny have flaws..of course he did but he's done a pretty good job of carrying on the legacy of this franchise.  Sometimes I wish he had a little itchier trigger finger but on the other hand he's kept this team competitive pre cap and post cap and as fans what more can we ask for?  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#151 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Axe" data-cid="2344647" data-time="1358885741"><p>
Holland hasnt hit a homer since Hossa.</p></blockquote>

He hit Homer after signing Hossa? No wonder the guy is retiring....

#152 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think the Andersson point is more important than people realize.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#153 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Like Ian White, Colaiacovo, or Quincey?  Because that's exactly who you did get. 

Also, since when is being overly aggressive a bad thing.  Everybody hated Tootoo until yesterday.  Personally, I think some roughneck m*****f***** is exactly what we need.  How many times do we have to say, "we need someone to stand up for our stars"?  Wizniewski does, which I can't say for any member of our current defense.

Aggressive yes- Idiotic, classless and immature NO.

Of course I would not prefer White, Q or Cola....Wiz in Columbus is top pair dman, so thats a redundant arguement...like saying..."Well, Instead of Hossa we got Eaves"-Make it a level playing field here. If you like, I can give you an extended list of guys I would have preferred in Detroit who's talents are about the SAME as Wisneiski's....let me know if you would like that.

I have never hated TooToo- I was actually in favor of the signing which ( PUSHING THE ECHO BUTTON) why I like the Huskins signing. Big gritty guy, stands up for the team without the trailer trash shenanigans that go along with a toddler like Wiz and what, 5 million cheaper. YES, Yes, please. he isnt going to win the Norris, but he isnt a cheapshot artist with several dirty suspensions under his belt.

Character wins.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#154 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can everyone please try to discuss their point of view without resorting to questioning the intelligence and/or parentage of someone with a differing view?  You guys should need just as much time to get warmed up to this as the players need to not look rusty.  It's too early to be suspending people, okay?

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#155 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

maybe 50/50....a lot of us were very happy the he signed here and knew exactly what he would bring to the team...

Edited by LeftWinger, 22 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#156 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

My thought as well. Likely Vandermeer couldn't make it by tonight, but IMO he would have been a better option for the season.

If you're talking about Jim Vandermeer, he's already signed with the Canucks.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#157 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I like the signing. I believe there are better options, but clearly someone at head office has convinced Holland otherwise. We need defense, not offense. Huskins is a stay at home dude, we need that.

#158 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not sure what people are expecting. FA signings at this time of the year are pretty much slim pickings. 

Can everyone please try to discuss their point of view without resorting to questioning the intelligence and/or parentage of someone with a differing view?  You guys should need just as much time to get warmed up to this as the players need to not look rusty.  It's too early to be suspending people, okay?

if members are suspended will there be accompanying videos explaining the suspension?  :lol:

#159 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wings have a lot of cap room I am not worried in the least.

#160 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Aggressive yes- Idiotic, classless and immature NO.

Of course I would not prefer White, Q or Cola....Wiz in Columbus is top pair dman, so thats a redundant arguement...like saying..."Well, Instead of Hossa we got Eaves"-Make it a level playing field here. If you like, I can give you an extended list of guys I would have preferred in Detroit who's talents are about the SAME as Wisneiski's....let me know if you would like that.

I have never hated TooToo- I was actually in favor of the signing which ( PUSHING THE ECHO BUTTON) why I like the Huskins signing. Big gritty guy, stands up for the team without the trailer trash shenanigans that go along with a toddler like Wiz and what, 5 million cheaper. YES, Yes, please. he isnt going to win the Norris, but he isnt a cheapshot artist with several dirty suspensions under his belt.

Character wins.

also, in all honesty, Wiz isn't gonna win a Norris either.  I was a huge proponent of sign Wiz that off season, but the money he got was too much for Detroit at the time. Plus his immature comments kind of turn me as well. Hey James, you see all these guys signing for top dollar compared to signing for less in Detriot...well who has more Cups, they top dollar guys or the guys who took less? Thanks, you are no longer a son of Michigan in my mind...

Well Kent, welcome to Detroit. Stay awhile, you will like it!

• DSM likes this

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.