• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan19

Red Wings Win, but Work Remains

Rate this topic

Detroit Red Wings fans may be caught up in the euphoria of Damien Brunner’s nasty shootout goal that earned the Wings two points and their first win of the 2013 campaign, but game two of the regular season showed that the Wings have more work to do and that they should not be satisfied with how they played in Columbus.

http://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-win-but-work-remains/

Interesting post at the bottom of the article from what appears to be a columbus fan. Not sure I agree with him.

The guy who wrote that article should be nicknamed "Captain Obvious".

Heck, just reading the title I said to myself, "Duh!"

The Wings have to play better, and they have to do it with a lot of players out of the lineup. Its going to be rough, but I hope they can persevere. :)

while i agree that the wings still have work to do (what team doesnt?), I disagree that we "should not be satisfied with how they played in Columbus." We came out ready to play from the opening faceoff and if it weren't for penalties piling up, especially in the 3rd, the jackets wouldn't have came back. Also, if it weren't for some great play in net at the other end by bobrovski as well as 5 or so posts by the wings, the score would have been a lot higher. i'm satisfied with the overall effort of the game.. yes, there's room for improvement of course, but they played good.

i think yesterdays game was what they needed. they put on the pressure and at times they certainly looked scary. it gave me a smile. i felt warmth within the chest cavity. while i came back to reality, i realized that we aren't working with our lineup and this is a big thing to me. like in last nights GDT I had said that this 3rd line of bert-helmer-cleary is going to be the stepping stone of this team. it's going to cause the team to flourish around it. we had numerous chances, while hitting numerous post. bobro is a hot goalie, one of the hottest in the league right now simply due to him playing in the lockout. majority of the goalies have not played during the lockout, and are rusty. ontop of this add the rusty defense and it looks brutal out there, and is the main reason for so many high scoring games right now. teams are just out of it. people have this stagma around columbus thinking that they're just horrible, no, they aren't. babcock said it the best during the pre-game yesterday, columbus is a good team, very underrated and just had a bad season due to injuries. they were working with mason, who got replaced by bobro whom isn't the best but i think he'll flourish in CBJ due to being given a chance. the wing's know they need to get better, everyone on this team knows this, and babcock will be reminding them every single day.

N=1 or 2 is not the way to analyze how good a team is. The Wings typically like to assess their play in 10-game clusters, but since this is a shortened season, lets go with groups of five. We still have three more games to go, then I think it will be fair to see where this team stands, and whether they are trending up or down.

N=1 or 2 is not the way to analyze how good a team is. The Wings typically like to assess their play in 10-game clusters, but since this is a shortened season, lets go with groups of five. We still have three more games to go, then I think it will be fair to see where this team stands, and whether they are trending up or down.

god, we've heard this way too many times on red wings live and wingspan. 10 GAME SEGMENTS 10 GAME SEGMENTS

while i agree that the wings still have work to do (what team doesnt?), I disagree that we "should not be satisfied with how they played in Columbus." We came out ready to play from the opening faceoff and if it weren't for penalties piling up, especially in the 3rd, the jackets wouldn't have came back. Also, if it weren't for some great play in net at the other end by bobrovski as well as 5 or so posts by the wings, the score would have been a lot higher. i'm satisfied with the overall effort of the game.. yes, there's room for improvement of course, but they played good.

They looked very good in the second. I missed the first. They had a complete and utter meltdown in the latter half. Datsyuk pulled them out of the fire and they halfway regained their composure. They went, what, 0-6 on the PP? I know, I'm just being Mr. Negative now, but...not a whole lote to be satisfied with, IMHO. And anyway, satisfaction is death in this context. It is the ultimate no-no. Do you suppose Babs is ever truly satisfied? nevar.

Edited by Dabura

They looked very good in the second. I missed the first. They had a complete and utter meltdown in the latter half. Datsyuk pulled them out of the fire and they halfway regained their composure. They went, what, 0-6 on the PP? I know, I'm just being Mr. Negative now, but...not a whole lote to be satisfied with, IMHO. And anyway, satisfaction is death in this context. It is the ultimate no-no. Do you suppose Babs is ever truly satisfied? nevar.

I'm satisfied with how they played in one game after coming out like complete s*** in the first game.. I'm not saying that they'll be fine to play that way the rest of the season and that doesn't mean that I don't want them to improve.