• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Krayzie_Bone

Karen Newman

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Krayzie_Bone" data-cid="2344811" data-time="1358901871"><p>

Anyone know what happened to Karen Newman? Maybe its just because its the home opener but she always sings the anthem.</p></blockquote>

She's at Newman's tonight. Newman!

I asked that in the GDT. It was weird not having her sing. The woman who sang was better than a lot of anthem singers I've heard. Biggest complaint (and it's more of a nitpick) I'd have was the "d"'s at the end of a couple of words weren't clear, but if I wasn't a choral director by trade I wouldn't have cared or likely even noticed. :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2345035" data-time="1358908429"><p>

Maybe she's voicing her displeasure with the NHL lockout, and with Holland's offseason ineptitude in general.<br />

<br />

You go girl!</p></blockquote>

If she's turning down a paid gig on that principle, I'd have to give her huge props.

are they still using a recording of Budd Lynch saying Last minute to go? If so, gimme a freakin break! Let go already! This is a new era! This is jsut an example of how this organization works....never let go of the past! Holland is still running his team this way! He still thinks he can win with mostly Euros....

Hey look, goal.....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2345053" data-time="1358909050"><p>

are they still using a recording of Budd Lynch saying Last minute to go? If so, gimme a freakin break! Let go already! This is a new era! This is jsut an example of how this organization works....never let go of the past! Holland is still running his team this way! He still thinks he can win with mostly Euros....<br />

<br />

<br />

Hey look, goal.....</p></blockquote>

Wow, I really hope you are joking because they are doing that to honor Bud and his decades of work with the organization. How disreapectful of you to say something like that.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2345053" data-time="1358909050"><p>

are they still using a recording of Budd Lynch saying Last minute to go? If so, gimme a freakin break! Let go already! This is a new era! This is jsut an example of how this organization works....never let go of the past! Holland is still running his team this way! He still thinks he can win with mostly Euros....<br />

<br />

<br />

Hey look, goal.....</p></blockquote>

Wow, I really hope you are joking because they are doing that to honor Bud and his decades of work with the organization. How disreapectful of you to say something like that.

All due respect to Budd and his WWII heroism and decades of work in the organization, but there come a time when change is needed from the top to the bottom... Holmstrom retired today, the last of the dynasty, its time for a new beginning...but this organization refuses to change. That is why you will see the same old crap at the Joe and the same junky music and the same type of players....its over, the dynasty is over, let go. I am sure Budd wouldn't mind, nor his family. Time to stop talking about history and tradition, what did it get us last summer, no UFA's of significance, no players who mean anything want to come here anymore....Detroit has worn out its welcome in the NHL and yet they still keep going back to the same well....let it go....Hey dude, my grandfather was a war hero too, he is dead, I let him go, I don't go around playing tapes of him talking...life goes on..time to move on from Budd, Karen, Stanley the Octopus and Hey Hey Hockeytown...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2345224" data-time="1358912222"><p>

All due respect to Budd and his WWII heroism and decades of work in the organization, but there come a time when change is needed from the top to the bottom... Holmstrom retired today, the last of the dynasty, its time for a new beginning...but this organization refuses to change. That is why you will see the same old crap at the Joe and the same junky music and the same type of players....its over, the dynasty is over, let go. I am sure Budd wouldn't mind, nor his family. Time to stop talking about history and tradition, what did it get us last summer, no UFA's of significance, no players who mean anything want to come here anymore....Detroit has worn out its welcome in the NHL and yet they still keep going back to the same well....let it go....Hey dude, my grandfather was a war hero too, he is dead, I let him go, I don't go around playing tapes of him talking...life goes on..time to move on from Budd, Karen, Stanley the Octopus and Hey Hey Hockeytown...</p></blockquote>

You know what your absolutely right, while we're at it lets get rid of all the championship banners and un-retire everybody's numbers, especially the guys that played in the 50's cuz that was 2 dynasties ago and thats kind of embarrassing. And make sure we cancel the ceremony we are going to have for Lidstrom next year cuz it's all about the new era. Thanks for opening my mind.

All due respect to Budd and his WWII heroism and decades of work in the organization, but there come a time when change is needed from the top to the bottom... Holmstrom retired today, the last of the dynasty, its time for a new beginning...but this organization refuses to change. That is why you will see the same old crap at the Joe and the same junky music and the same type of players....its over, the dynasty is over, let go. I am sure Budd wouldn't mind, nor his family. Time to stop talking about history and tradition, what did it get us last summer, no UFA's of significance, no players who mean anything want to come here anymore....Detroit has worn out its welcome in the NHL and yet they still keep going back to the same well....let it go....Hey dude, my grandfather was a war hero too, he is dead, I let him go, I don't go around playing tapes of him talking...life goes on..time to move on from Budd, Karen, Stanley the Octopus and Hey Hey Hockeytown...

Because a 3 second clip of Budd saying "Last minute of the period" three times a game takes so much away from the experience *rolls eyes*. Who the F cares who says it.

I don't know where she was, but I sure as hell didn't miss her. At least I didn't have to mute the anthem this time. Newman I can definitely do without.

well... voices like Karen, Ken Kal, Paul Woods, Ken Daniels, Mickey Redmond - it's sure as hell part of Wings home game broadcast experience. or Murph, as bad as he can be. like them all or not...

Karen works for me. she's much better voice than most anthem singers through the NHL (and I'm not even going to touch St Louis or Nashville). and apart from audio, she's also perfectly OK visually :)

...time to move on from complaining about things we have no influence or control over.

I happen to like hey hey hockeytown, and the octopus, but hey,if one person doesn't like it, GET RID OF IT! seriously man get a life, what would you prefer they play in place of hey hey hockeytown? You know if it were up to you, we wouldn't even have let holmstrom in the building to honour him and drop a ceremonial faceoff puck... good thing you don't make the big decisions