• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kerism17

Trade for Bogosian

Rate this topic

We desperately need to bolster our defence... here is my trade proposal...

To Winnipeg:

Ian White

Kyle Quincey

Jakub Kindl

Jan Mursak

Tomas Tatar

2013 1st round pick

To Detroit:

Zach Bogosian

Mark Stuart

2013 3rd round pick

Detroit Lineup

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Damien Brunner

Johan Franzen - Valtteri Filppula - Mikael Samuelsson / Gustav Nyquist

Todd Bertuzzi - Darren Helm - Patrick Eaves

Dan Cleary / Drew Miller - Justin Abdelkader - Jordin Tootoo

Cory Emmerton

Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson

Brendan Smith - Zach Bogosian

Mark Stuart - Kent Hunkins / Carlo Colaiacovo

DON'T TRADE OUR 1 unless it is for a top pairing guy coming back which Bogosian isn't.

We could really get a nice pick this year so let's not throw another one away. Time for re tooling was after our last SC final now it is time for a real rebuild don't want to see us looking for shortterm fixes just to make the playoffs.

Just look at some retooling teams they are trapped in mediocrity.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

winnipeg GM: "man, that kyle quincey is looking really good. and only a 3.75 million cap hit? i wonder what we would have to give up to pry him out of detroit?"

To Winnipeg:

Franzen

Nyquist

1st

To Detroit:

Bogosian

Kane

Brunner-Pav-Kane

Flip-Z-Sammy

Bert-Helm-Cleary

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Bogosian

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff

Colaiacovo/Kindl

Not a bad trade but I think Nyquist will be better than Kane in 3-5 years... and as much as I want Bogosian, Staurt is a huge reason I would be in on that trade... The guy is a hitting and shot blocking machine, which we desperately need...

DON'T TRADE OUR 1 unless it is for a top pairing guy coming back which Bogosian isn't.

We could really get a nice pick this year so let's not throw another one away. Time for re tooling was after our last SC final now it is time for a real rebuild don't want to see us looking for shortterm fixes just to make the playoffs.

Sent from my BlackBerry

I think Bogosian is definitely worth our 1st round pick...

I read the thread title and thought Vinny Prospal had been traded.

Sorry, typo... As well as Huskins... not Hunkins...

great thread. i'm sure winnipeg wants our trash for their good players.
This isnt NHL13. You cant throw 5 mediocre players into a trade to make it seem equal to get a really good player.

I think this trade is very even but I'd also throw in Joey MacDonald to back up Ondrej Pavelec... What else would we need to give up? Bogo isn't worth any more than White, Kindl and a first is he? Stuart isn't worth much more than Quincey, Mursak, Tatar and MacDonald is he?...

winnipeg GM: "man, that kyle quincey is looking really good. and only a 3.75 million cap hit? i wonder what we would have to give up to pry him out of detroit?"

I doubt Cheveldayoff is thinking that and yeah Quincey had a rough 2 games to start the season but he played really well lastnight against Dallas. He shook off the rust like most players and he made some good plays and did an outstanding job on the 2 on 1 to break up the pass and negate a sure goal. He's not as bad as most fans make him out to be.

"Not a bad trade but I think Nyquist will be better than Kane in 3-5 years... and as much as I want Bogosian, Staurt is a huge reason I would be in on that trade... The guy is a hitting and shot blocking machine, which we desperately need..."

I wouldn't mind Stuart, but my biggest concern with him is that he hasn't traditionally logged a lot of minutes. I want a bona fide top 4 defenseman who can play 20+ minutes a game. Stuart has never done that. Could he? I don't know, but given the option, if I were going to target a tough, shot blocking, shutdown d-man I'd target somoene who has played big minutes. Volchenkov or Regehr most notably.

Edited by kipwinger

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="frankgrimes" data-cid="2345362" data-time="1358951783"><p>

DON'T TRADE OUR 1 unless it is for a top pairing guy coming back which Bogosian isn't.<br />

<br />

We could really get a nice pick this year so let's not throw another one away. Time for re tooling was after our last SC final now it is time for a real rebuild don't want to see us looking for shortterm fixes just to make the playoffs. <br />

<br />

Just look at some retooling teams they are trapped in mediocrity.<br />

<br />

Sent from my BlackBerry</p></blockquote>

The time for retooling was after our last Stanley Cup? Lol, yeah, that 2008-09 Red Wings squad was straight garbage that had no shot at repeating. I sure wish we had started 'retooling' then instead!

Oh -I just now saw the word 'final.' Still disagree.

Guest Playmaker

LOL...these trade proposals are always entertaining and good for a laugh at least...I love how everyone thinks the Wings players suck, yet other teams want to give up their best players for them...

Sent from my BlackBerry

Bogosian is 22 and Kane is 21. If you land either of those guys they ARE your future. No matter who you take with a high pick, it's not likely that the person will give you 30 goals (Kane) or 22 minutes of ice time a night (Bogosian). This is a no brainer move for us, and could probably be sold to Winnipeg given their lack of offense, depth at defense, and need for picks.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fat guy in a maltby jersey" data-cid="2345364" data-time="1358952058"><p>

great thread. i'm sure winnipeg wants our trash for their good players.</p></blockquote>

Ha ha ha! Same.

Samuelsson and Cleary for Hall and Nugent-Hopkins.

To make this deal anywhere close to realistic, you would have to replace White, Quincey, Kindl and Mursak with Smith and Nyquist.

They should make a new sub forum on LGW, "Trades that might work in NHL13" LOL

Bogosian is 22 and Kane is 21. If you land either of those guys they ARE your future. No matter who you take with a high pick, it's not likely that the person will give you 30 goals (Kane) or 22 minutes of ice time a night (Bogosian). This is a no brainer move for us, and could probably be sold to Winnipeg given their lack of offense, depth at defense, and need for picks.

One of the two is known to be a special - note troublemaking and not very likable person in the lockerroom -personality the other one would cost us way more than the initial proposal and at that point he is not worth it. Also keep in mind Cheyeldayoff would never accept that.

Mursak, Kindl, Tatar and Quincey this is a package where other GMs would ask for something in return for taking them. Trash for quality just doesn't work in the real hockeyworld. Only the first round pick and White do bring some value but for sure not enough to get Bogosian and personally I'd rathewr hold on to the pick if things are going south might be a top 5 one so a big change for starting the rebuild.

The time for retooling was after our last Stanley Cup? Lol, yeah, that 2008-09 Red Wings squad was straight garbage that had no shot at repeating. I sure wish we had started 'retooling' then instead!

Oh -I just now saw the word 'final.' Still disagree.

Do you remembeer Ken Holland talking about the "1 year window" after signing Hossa? The season after that the Wings started to lose firepower constantly sad but true at that time it would have been very wise to start looking for two guys who could have helped to decrease the impact of Nicklas Lidström retiring at some point. I know it is much easier said than accomplished but I think at this point now the time for retooling is over and the team should go for a full rebuild. I also know a lot of people will disagree but hardly a problem with it.

Edited by frankgrimes

I'm sorry OP but that is one of the worst trade proposals I've seen. You can't just package 5 s***/mediocre players together and think they'll add up to great value. How often do you see a trade that massive?? Never.

What would be the motivation for Winnipeg in that scenario? What would be in it for then? Nothing.

If we were to trade for D I see New Jersey as a more likely partner. They've got a really deep defense, so deep in fact that Adam Larsson isn't even playing. They haven't really replaced Parise so Franzen/Filpulla + Tatar/Nyquist for example might be interesting to them.

Not a bad trade but I think Nyquist will be better than Kane in 3-5 years... and as much as I want Bogosian, Staurt is a huge reason I would be in on that trade... The guy is a hitting and shot blocking machine, which we desperately need...

I think Bogosian is definitely worth our 1st round pick...

Sorry, typo... As well as Huskins... not Hunkins...

I think this trade is very even but I'd also throw in Joey MacDonald to back up Ondrej Pavelec... What else would we need to give up? Bogo isn't worth any more than White, Kindl and a first is he? Stuart isn't worth much more than Quincey, Mursak, Tatar and MacDonald is he?...

What? Not a chance..Gus has showed minimal flashes so far..the potential is there but not yet

To Winnipeg:

Franzen

Nyquist

1st

To Detroit:

Bogosian

Kane

Brunner-Pav-Kane

Flip-Z-Sammy

Bert-Helm-Cleary

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Bogosian

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff

Colaiacovo/Kindl

Hmm, while you're at it try offering Filppula and a 2nd to Washington for Ovechkin.

great thread. i'm sure winnipeg wants our trash for their good players.

Tatar's an excellent young player. He was the youngest player in the AHL his first professional season and on track for his best year in terms of pts and goals as well as being a fixture at both ends of the ice.

So yeah, it's Tatar, a 1st and our trash. Get it right. :lol:

Those guys you listed in the OP alone would get draft picks in return...IF you want a impact player in return you are going to have to trade someone of some kind of value. Sure, prospects are always a nice throw in, but you still have to be willing to trade away a roster player that hsa some impact. Filppula and Franzen are about the only tradeable roster players that (throw in a prospect and pick) could very well get you an impact player, may Ericsson....I know my sig has a fantasy trade and it won't happen, but those are the kind of deals you will need to offer in order to get a player in here that is going to take the lead on this team and bring it into the next dynasty. Honestly, with the salary cap I don't ever see another dynasty forming anywhere. The Red Wings need to go ahead and tank it this year and take their chances on getting their own Shea Weber in Seth Jones, or if they so choose Nate MacKinnon. You can look for bandaids everywhere you want, but there are no Weber's/Suter's/Lidstrom's/Pronger's/Neidermeyer's out there anymore that are available, especially with what little we'd have to offer....

Best case scenario, trade your average players for picks and rebuild....Start getting those top 5 picks for a few years and even if Holland isn't a great 1st round drafter he could always trade a top 5 pick for someone of significance...just as long as he doesn't make another Quincey mistake.

Franzen may not get you an impact player in return anymore, but I can see him getting a 2nd round pick from a bottom dweller team...MAYBE a 1st from a playoff team looking for some help. I maintain that Franzen needs a change of scenery in order to re-fire his career. He is on a downward spiral here and will end up retired before half his contract is up...

Edited by LeftWinger

I doubt Cheveldayoff is thinking that and yeah Quincey had a rough 2 games to start the season but he played really well lastnight against Dallas. He shook off the rust like most players and he made some good plays and did an outstanding job on the 2 on 1 to break up the pass and negate a sure goal. He's not as bad as most fans make him out to be.

I don't know about that. He was minus 2 (both goals) & looked slower that ever! He moves like his feet are in a block of cement, and he takes forever to make a decision. His pairing with Smith doesn't help ( although I think they switched that up in the 3rd), but I think we'd be lucky to get an old bag of pucks for him the way he's playing.

Those guys you listed in the OP alone would get draft picks in return...IF you want a impact player in return you are going to have to trade someone of some kind of value. Sure, prospects are always a nice throw in, but you still have to be willing to trade away a roster player that hsa some impact. Filppula and Franzen are about the only tradeable roster players that (throw in a prospect and pick) could very well get you an impact player, may Ericsson....I know my sig has a fantasy trade and it won't happen, but those are the kind of deals you will need to offer in order to get a player in here that is going to take the lead on this team and bring it into the next dynasty. Honestly, with the salary cap I don't ever see another dynasty forming anywhere. The Red Wings need to go ahead and tank it this year and take their chances on getting their own Shea Weber in Seth Jones, or if they so choose Nate MacKinnon. You can look for bandaids everywhere you want, but there are no Weber's/Suter's/Lidstrom's/Pronger's/Neidermeyer's out there anymore that are available, especially with what little we'd have to offer....

Best case scenario, trade your average players for picks and rebuild....Start getting those top 5 picks for a few years and even if Holland isn't a great 1st round drafter he could always trade a top 5 pick for someone of significance...just as long as he doesn't make another Quincey mistake.

Franzen may not get you an impact player in return anymore, but I can see him getting a 2nd round pick from a bottom dweller team...MAYBE a 1st from a playoff team looking for some help. I maintain that Franzen needs a change of scenery in order to re-fire his career. He is on a downward spiral here and will end up retired before half his contract is up...

Filppula's value is down this year since he is a UFA at years end. Edited by DSM