• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kerism17

Trade for Bogosian

Rate this topic

Filppula's value is down this year since he is a UFA at years end.

I agree! Yet he is still (sadly) one of ou only tradeable assets that may garner something in return.... (I am not counting Helm or Smith who someone would take for sure...they are not available.)

To Winnipeg:

Franzen

Nyquist

1st

To Detroit:

Bogosian

Kane

Brunner-Pav-Kane

Flip-Z-Sammy

Bert-Helm-Cleary

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Bogosian

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff

Colaiacovo/Kindl

No way in hell the Jets give up Stuart and I'm pretty sure after last years play from Bogo, he's off the trading block. He's far too valuable to the team now. He was sort of on the block in Atlanta, but he got ice time and confidence under Claude Noel and has made himself a big part of the Jets blue line.

The most likely scenario would be a Franzen for pick/dman at the deadline to a cup contending team that needs a complimentary scorer.

I doubt a cup contending team will be looking to sell any dmen that aren't 3rd pairing guys...

What do you guys think of Erik Johnson? He is a top pairing D-man in Colorado right now but he was projected to be a stud number #1, top 5-10 in the league, like a perennial Norris candidate type stud. Was hyped like crazy but isn't necessarily living up to it now. Still a great D-man, very good 2-way top pairing guy that shows flashes of his insane potential, and only 24, maybe Detroit could help him live up to his full potential.

maybe something like:

Filp/Mule+ 2 of Tatar/Frk/Jurco/Pulk/Tvrdon+ Kindl+ A mid pick/mid level d-prospect

for

EJ

Since Colorado is lacking veteran presence I wouldn't mind throwing Cleary in.

The Dive wouldn't even trade Quincey to the Wings without Kenny having to go through a proxy. No way are they going to send Johnson to Detroit.

IMO, I think that's one of the issues Kenny faces when trying to trade, especially with Western Conference teams. Too many GMs who think they're rivals to the Wings and/or don't want to help the Wings regardless of whether there's a trade there that could help their team.

Edited by ogreslayer

What do you guys think of Erik Johnson? He is a top pairing D-man in Colorado right now but he was projected to be a stud number #1, top 5-10 in the league, like a perennial Norris candidate type stud. Was hyped like crazy but isn't necessarily living up to it now. Still a great D-man, very good 2-way top pairing guy that shows flashes of his insane potential, and only 24, maybe Detroit could help him live up to his full potential.

maybe something like:

Filp/Mule+ 2 of Tatar/Frk/Jurco/Pulk/Tvrdon+ Kindl+ A mid pick/mid level d-prospect

for

EJ

Since Colorado is lacking veteran presence I wouldn't mind throwing Cleary in and maybe taking out the pick

That's a little high of a price but EJ is a name I have forgotten about. For that kind of price tag I want a Letang type.

Guest Playmaker

Jack Johnson from LA

Columbus would have to trade him back to LA first...

The Dive wouldn't even trade Quincey to the Wings without Kenny having to go through a proxy. No way are they going to send Johnson to Detroit.

IMO, I think that's one of the issues Kenny faces when trying to trade, especially with Western Conference teams. Too many GMs who think they're rivals to the Wings and/or don't want to help the Wings regardless of whether there's a trade there that could help their team.

Good point...I think many fans think all Kenny has to do is make a phone call, suggest a deal, and it's done...Its so much more complicated that that...not the least of which is the salary cap...and not just for this season...you have to think several seasons down the road...

To Winnipeg:

Johan Franzen

Kyle Quincey

Tomas Tatar

Jakub Kindl

Cory Emmerton

Ken Holland

To Detroit:

Tobias Enstrom

Evander Kane

Jim Slater

Mark Stuart

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-E.Kane

Nyquist-Filppula-Samuelsson

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Slater-Tootoo

Enstrom-Kronwall

Ericsson-White

M.Stuart-Huskins

Colaiacovo

I don't think Holland needs to rush out and make any trades yet.

I wrote something in a nother thread earlier today that I think applies to this as well. I'll leave it here for your enjoyment:

Bingo.

I've been comparing this season to the beginning of the 06-07 campaign. Let's recap...

We lost Shanahan and his team leading 40 goals, and Yzerman retired. Holland made no moves whatsoever to replace them. Some even proposed tricking Manny Legace into resigning and then trading him for a 1st line forward. Then Holland signed this decrepid old goaltender named Hasek. The reaction on this forum going into that season was that the Red Wings were destined for failure. Forum members spent long hours on NHL06 making trades that they could post about. When the season started, members threatened to boycott if the second coming Filppula was not kept on opening roster. They were sent into a rage, when Babcock and Holland kept Kopecky on the roster and wasted the final spot on Brad Norton. Filppula was FORCED into humiliation by starting the year in GR, and then we lost the first game of the season to Vancouver and it was PANDEMONUEM. XBOX360's were buzzing madly as Red Wings fans tried to trade Kirk Maltby for players like Crosby and Ovechkin on the newly released NHL07.

Patience payed off though. An injury to much reviled Brad Norton allowed Filppula to be called up and his play allowed for him to never go back to that awful embarassing place called Grand Rapids. Johan Franzen and Dan Cleary stepped up on offense to help offset the loss of Shanahan, and a small forward named Hudler cemented his place in the lineup by providing secondary scoring from the 3rd/4th lines. The Red Wings even held off on making trades until the deadline, aqcuiring 2 forwards who made very little impact on the team. They made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals that season.

I see a lot of parallels between that seasons offense and this seasons defense. I think Holland has the same outlook for this season. Rather than make outrageous trades, or sign overpriced UFA's, he wants to see if some of the existing players on the blueline step up to fill the holes left by Lidstrom and Stuart.

Guest The Axe

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

Columbus would have to trade him back to LA first...

Good point...I think many fans think all Kenny has to do is make a phone call, suggest a deal, and it's done...Its so much more complicated that that...not the least of which is the salary cap...and not just for this season...you have to think several seasons down the road...

I was giving and example to the poster who stated a cup contending team will not trade a top pairing dman for a goal scorer

Edited by MasterPavel

Suter has been awful btw -3, no points,and no hits. yikes, imagine if we were in the same position with Suter actually on the team.

Then again just 3 games in, it would be unfair to make complete judgements on a player 3 games in would it not?

Edited by Carman

Suter has been awful btw -3, no points,and no hits. yikes, imagine if we were in the same position with Suter actually on the team.

Then again just 3 games in, it would be unfair to make complete judgements on a player 3 games in would it not?

It's also not really fair to judge off of +/-. It's a decent guide, but not a rule. A guy can suffer in the category while doing nothing wrong thanks to linemates. The only way to tell is to look at how he's been playing.

It's also not really fair to judge off of +/-. It's a decent guide, but not a rule. A guy can suffer in the category while doing nothing wrong thanks to linemates. The only way to tell is to look at how he's been playing.

Oh yea, +/- is not a good barometer. I'm just reversing the argument on the people that want to complain about the team right now based on 3 games, and wanted Suter at all costs. Although no points in 3 games for a 7.5 million defenseman is worrisome, especially considering he hasn't played well outside of readily available statistics.

Edited by Carman

I do think Suter is a guy you toss money at but at the same time I get the point about people losing their s*** over a couple games. I think this season more than ever we need to focus on not losing 2 in a row. Come out absolutely roaring after a loss and we should be OK.

I do think Suter is a guy you toss money at but at the same time I get the point about people losing their s*** over a couple games. I think this season more than ever we need to focus on not losing 2 in a row. Come out absolutely roaring after a loss and we should be OK.

Suter is a damn good defenseman, but I don't feel comfortable giving him that much money. He's not proven to play well without Weber. In his time in Nashville everytime Weber was out the team got scored on more, didn't score as much, and lost more games. When Suter didn't play they actually scored more, prevented more goals, and won more games. That was over a 7 year span as well...

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

Is this something you are going to bring up in every thread that's posted? It's starting to get old, your point is exhausted.

I like BBTBB's trade proposal, i'm an Enstrom fan i'd like him in red and white.

You're railing against a guy making damn near vet minimum, for one year, who played pretty well.

Guest The Axe

Is this something you are going to bring up in every thread that's posted? It's starting to get old, your point is exhausted.

I like BBTBB's trade proposal, i'm an Enstrom fan i'd like him in red and white.

Topic involves trades. GM makes trades. Use the ignore function if you have a problem with my repetitiveness. But I post ON-Topic 99% of the time. So counter my point or leave it be.

Suter is a damn good defenseman, but I don't feel comfortable giving him that much money. He's not proven to play well without Weber. In his time in Nashville everytime Weber was out the team got scored on more, didn't score as much, and lost more games. When Suter didn't play they actually scored more, prevented more goals, and won more games. That was over a 7 year span as well...

Weber could do the things he did, because of Suter. SW admitted such facts by himself. Suter is not the offensive puckmover he is a defensive minded defender and an elite one at that, points aren't everything. Can you trust him to stabilize your defense? For sure is he worth 7,5 m caphit? I think so. Lets see how Weber will be doing without him.