• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kerism17

Trade for Bogosian

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

You're railing against a guy making damn near vet minimum, for one year, who played pretty well.

We are going to play Huskins a handful of games. I have nothing against Huskins. I just think Hollands move getting him is idiotic and panic driven. We have X amount of dollars to allocate each year. We need to start spending 80/20 and 20/80. 45 mil to top 6 players, 15 mil to bottom 18 players. Hollanf is allocating funds poorly now. Example:

Parise (9 mil), Suter (9 mil), Datsyuk (6.75 mil), Zetterberg (6.25 mil), Kronwall (5 mil), Franzen (4 mil), Filppula (4.5 mil)

Top 7 = 44.5 mil

Ericsson (3 mil), Helm (2.5 mil), Howard (1.5 mil), Brunner (1.5 mil), Smith (1.5 mil), Abdelkader (1.5 mil), Kindl (1 mil),

Middle 7 = 12.5 mil

Tatar (.75 mil), Nyquist (.75 mil), Andersson (.75 mil), Emmerton (.75 mil), Ferraro (.75 mil), Lashoff (.75 mil), Ouelette (.75 mil), Almquist (.75 mil), Mrazek (.75 mil)

Bottom 9 = 6.75 mil

Total = 63.75 mil.

Guest Playmaker

I'd say having 3 regular defensemen out after losing your top two defensemen over the summer is reason to be a bit concerned...The Wings didn't get Suter and Parise...they tried...they made a highly competitive offer...get over it...

The problem with your "theory" is that the players you want to play for under a million won't continue to do so if they're worth a s***...So it may work for one year, but if any of them have a decent season and are up for a contract renewal, well there goes the salary cap...

Guest The Axe

I'd say having 3 regular defensemen out after losing your top two defensemen over the summer is reason to be a bit concerned...The Wings didn't get Suter and Parise...they tried...they made a highly competitive offer...get over it...

The problem with your "theory" is that the players you want to play for under a million won't continue to do so if they're worth a s***...So it may work for one year, but if any of them have a decent season and are up for a contract renewal, well there goes the salary cap...

If theyre good enough, they move up a tier. If not, sionara.

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

I don't see why it's such a bad move. The Wings were lacking in depth on d and added a NHL defenseman...

I know you want to see Almquist become the next Lidstrom but geez give him time. While you wait play some more seasons on NHL13.

Edited by DSM

Guest The Axe

sela ward e="MasterPavel" post="2345614" timestamp="1358990817"]

I get what you are saying axe, but when they do move up a notch you can't afford to pay them due to your top 6 locked into long term, high dollar contracts.

Thats a good thing. You trade for high picks/prospects and develop more.

Topic involves trades. GM makes trades. Use the ignore function if you have a problem with my repetitiveness. But I post ON-Topic 99% of the time. So counter my point or leave it be.

Yeah topic involves hockey, site involves hockey, so technically going by your logic as long as it's hockey related it can be posted in any thread because it's "on topic". So staying on topic, let's bring up the 1960 stanley cup finals, because it involves hockey just like this thread does. Here's your cue to mention Holland "failing" to get Parise because he wanted to play in his home state instead Wtf is Kenny's problem he should have moved the entire franchise to Minnesota to insure they DECIDED to come play here, or held their families hostage at gunpoint and forced them to come play here. So sorry for questioning you, your credibility is phenomenal.

Coming back to reality, the thread has nothing to do with opinions on Holland, the decisions of Suter and Parise to play for Minnesota, it's a thread about a trade that the OP believes should make with Winnipeg. Your comment was completely off topic, but apparently excuses will be made for you to continue to make stabs at this team and it's management.

While we're at it, I think i'll bring up Chewbacca, because he follows around Han Solo in Star Wars, as Luke Skywalker uses a blue lightsaber, and blue is the color of Winnipeg's jerseys, so that's gotta be on topic also. Let's get into a heated wookie discussion people. :)

Guest The Axe

Yeah topic involves hockey, site involves hockey, so technically going by your logic as long as it's hockey related it can be posted in any thread because it's "on topic". So staying on topic, let's bring up the 1960 stanley cup finals, because it involves hockey just like this thread does. Here's your cue to mention Holland "failing" to get Parise because he wanted to play in his home state instead Wtf is Kenny's problem he should have moved the entire franchise to Minnesota to insure they DECIDED to come play here, or held their families hostage at gunpoint and forced them to come play here. So sorry for questioning you, your credibility is phenomenal.

Coming back to reality, the thread has nothing to do with opinions on Holland, the decisions of Suter and Parise to play for Minnesota, it's a thread about a trade that the OP believes should make with Winnipeg. Your comment was completely off topic, but apparently excuses will be made for you to continue to make stabs at this team and it's management.

While we're at it, I think i'll bring up Chewbacca, because he follows around Han Solo in Star Wars, as Luke Skywalker uses a blue lightsaber, and blue is the color of Winnipeg's jerseys, so that's gotta be on topic also. Let's get into a heated wookie discussion people. :)

The OP thinks WHO should make the trade with Winnepeg? I noticed you forgot a name there and your sentence lacks structure from a missing noun. As stated by HALF the people in here, if Holland cant sing a good UFA, how the hell is he going to rape a team and snag exciting young players from them when we have nothing to offer back. Ken Holland lost his job by losing out on Parise/Suter. Its just a matter of time now. He has been exposed.

Guest irishock

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

He's not the one who's paying the 9 mill. The money is Illitch's call.

Have you read the new CBA? I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum salary was around 750k. He also played pretty well last night.

Guest The Axe

Have you read the new CBA? I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum salary was around 750k. He also played pretty well last night.

You are correct. Just because league min is 750k, that doesnt mean you have to sign a player.

Guest The Axe

Right. We should've just played with 4 or 5 defensemen.

Its not the end of the world for 1 game.

White and Colaiacovo are out several weeks. Kindl has yet to play a game. It's not like all these guys are game-time decisions. Several guys will be out for a while.

exactly, we already have 2 rookies on our d-line, ericsson should be back soon and kindl will be back friday, so we should be ok for a bit assuming we don't get another 2 injuries... assuming.

The OP thinks WHO should make the trade with Winnepeg? I noticed you forgot a name there and your sentence lacks structure from a missing noun. As stated by HALF the people in here, if Holland cant sing a good UFA, how the hell is he going to rape a team and snag exciting young players from them when we have nothing to offer back. Ken Holland lost his job by losing out on Parise/Suter. Its just a matter of time now. He has been exposed.

Lol, is this sarcasm?

We are going to play Huskins a handful of games. I have nothing against Huskins. I just think Hollands move getting him is idiotic and panic driven. We have X amount of dollars to allocate each year. We need to start spending 80/20 and 20/80. 45 mil to top 6 players, 15 mil to bottom 18 players. Hollanf is allocating funds poorly now. Example:

Parise (9 mil), Suter (9 mil), Datsyuk (6.75 mil), Zetterberg (6.25 mil), Kronwall (5 mil), Franzen (4 mil), Filppula (4.5 mil)

Top 7 = 44.5 mil

Ericsson (3 mil), Helm (2.5 mil), Howard (1.5 mil), Brunner (1.5 mil), Smith (1.5 mil), Abdelkader (1.5 mil), Kindl (1 mil),

Middle 7 = 12.5 mil

Tatar (.75 mil), Nyquist (.75 mil), Andersson (.75 mil), Emmerton (.75 mil), Ferraro (.75 mil), Lashoff (.75 mil), Ouelette (.75 mil), Almquist (.75 mil), Mrazek (.75 mil)

Bottom 9 = 6.75 mil

Total = 63.75 mil.

Huskins played one game. And he did well. You're just looking for something to rant about. That salary scenario isn't that scary. I think you mix the fact that we're too afraid to look like Holland lovers with the fact that we nitpick everything and instantly Kenny is treated like a bumbling idiot.

The 750k wasn't for one game. Holland I'd bet my last cent takes more into account than your average forum knowitall who really knows jack s***. What if someone else gets hurt? Are we going to keep bringing up inexperienced kids, or should we just fork out league minimum to a solid vet with experience to come in and help them out? What is that 750k costing us? Is there some signing or trade we're not going to be able to make because we're 750k short? What if someone aggravates an injury from a few games ago? Why not keep the kids in GR instead of having their first NHL action be a stressful situation with too much on their plate? I mean if you have the choice, why?