Brunner-Pav-Kane

Flip-Z-Sammy

Bert-Helm-Cleary

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Bogosian

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff

Colaiacovo/Kindl

Hmm, while you're at it try offering Filppula and a 2nd to Washington for Ovechkin.

great thread. i'm sure winnipeg wants our trash for their good players.

Tatar's an excellent young player.  He was the youngest player in the AHL his first professional season and on track for his best year in terms of pts and goals as well as being a fixture at both ends of the ice. 

So yeah, it's Tatar, a 1st and our trash.  Get it right. :lol:

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#22 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Fans of other teams must be sitting on their forums talking about how we'd never want their trash while we're over here praising them.

Yet all we can see is our side of the fence.

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Those guys you listed in the OP alone would get draft picks in return...IF you want a impact player in return you are going to have to trade someone of some kind of value.  Sure, prospects are always a nice throw in, but you still have to be willing to trade away a roster player that hsa some impact.  Filppula and Franzen are about the only tradeable roster players that (throw in a prospect and pick) could very well get you an impact player, may Ericsson....I know my sig has a fantasy trade and it won't happen, but those are the kind of deals you will need to offer in order to get a player in here that is going to take the lead on this team and bring it into the next dynasty. Honestly, with the salary cap I don't ever see another dynasty forming anywhere.  The Red Wings need to go ahead and tank it this year and take their chances on getting their own Shea Weber in Seth Jones, or if they so choose Nate MacKinnon.  You can look for bandaids everywhere you want, but there are no Weber's/Suter's/Lidstrom's/Pronger's/Neidermeyer's out there anymore that are available, especially with what little we'd have to offer....

Best case scenario, trade your average players for picks and rebuild....Start getting those top 5 picks for a few years and even if Holland isn't a great 1st round drafter he could always trade a top 5 pick for someone of significance...just as long as he doesn't make another Quincey mistake.

Franzen may not get you an impact player in return anymore, but I can see him getting a 2nd round pick from a bottom dweller team...MAYBE a 1st from a playoff team looking for some help.  I maintain that Franzen needs a change of scenery in order to re-fire his career.  He is on a downward spiral here and will end up retired before half his contract is up...

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#24 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I doubt Cheveldayoff is thinking that and yeah Quincey had a rough 2 games to start the season but he played really well lastnight against Dallas. He shook off the rust like most players and he made some good plays and did an outstanding job on the 2 on 1 to break up the pass and negate a sure goal. He's not as bad as most fans make him out to be.

I don't know about that. He was minus 2 (both goals) & looked slower that ever! He moves like his feet are in a block of cement, and he takes forever to make a decision. His pairing with Smith doesn't help ( although I think they switched that up in the 3rd), but I think we'd be lucky to get an old bag of pucks for him the way he's playing.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#25 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Those guys you listed in the OP alone would get draft picks in return...IF you want a impact player in return you are going to have to trade someone of some kind of value.  Sure, prospects are always a nice throw in, but you still have to be willing to trade away a roster player that hsa some impact.  Filppula and Franzen are about the only tradeable roster players that (throw in a prospect and pick) could very well get you an impact player, may Ericsson....I know my sig has a fantasy trade and it won't happen, but those are the kind of deals you will need to offer in order to get a player in here that is going to take the lead on this team and bring it into the next dynasty. Honestly, with the salary cap I don't ever see another dynasty forming anywhere.  The Red Wings need to go ahead and tank it this year and take their chances on getting their own Shea Weber in Seth Jones, or if they so choose Nate MacKinnon.  You can look for bandaids everywhere you want, but there are no Weber's/Suter's/Lidstrom's/Pronger's/Neidermeyer's out there anymore that are available, especially with what little we'd have to offer....

Best case scenario, trade your average players for picks and rebuild....Start getting those top 5 picks for a few years and even if Holland isn't a great 1st round drafter he could always trade a top 5 pick for someone of significance...just as long as he doesn't make another Quincey mistake.

Franzen may not get you an impact player in return anymore, but I can see him getting a 2nd round pick from a bottom dweller team...MAYBE a 1st from a playoff team looking for some help.  I maintain that Franzen needs a change of scenery in order to re-fire his career.  He is on a downward spiral here and will end up retired before half his contract is up...

Filppula's value is down this year since he is a UFA at years end.

Edited by DSM, 23 January 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Let's trade Howard and FIlpulla, for Edler and Luongo

then franzen for james neal

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Filppula's value is down this year since he is a UFA at years end.

I agree! Yet he is still (sadly) one of ou only tradeable assets that may garner something in return.... (I am not counting Helm or Smith who someone would take for sure...they are not available.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

To Winnipeg:
Franzen
Nyquist
1st

To Detroit:
Bogosian
Kane

Brunner-Pav-Kane
Flip-Z-Sammy
Bert-Helm-Cleary
Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Bogosian
White-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff
Colaiacovo/Kindl

No way in hell the Jets give up Stuart and I'm pretty sure after last years play from Bogo, he's off the trading block. He's far too valuable to the team now. He was sort of on the block in Atlanta, but he got ice time and confidence under Claude Noel and has made himself a big part of the Jets blue line.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#29 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

The most likely scenario would be a Franzen for pick/dman at the deadline to a cup contending team that needs a complimentary scorer.

#30 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

The most likely scenario would be a Franzen for pick/dman at the deadline to a cup contending team that needs a complimentary scorer.

I doubt a cup contending team will be looking to sell any dmen that aren't 3rd pairing guys...

#31 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Jack Johnson from LA

Edited by MasterPavel, 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#32 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

What do you guys think of Erik Johnson? He is a top pairing D-man in Colorado right now but he was projected to be a stud number #1, top 5-10 in the league, like a perennial Norris candidate type stud. Was hyped like crazy but isn't necessarily living up to it now. Still a great D-man, very good 2-way top pairing guy that shows flashes of his insane potential, and only 24,  maybe Detroit could help him live up to his full potential.

maybe something like:

Filp/Mule+ 2 of Tatar/Frk/Jurco/Pulk/Tvrdon+ Kindl+ A mid pick/mid level d-prospect

for

EJ

Since Colorado is lacking veteran presence I wouldn't mind throwing Cleary in and maybe taking out the pick

Edited by paulb1320, 23 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#33 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Enstrom? 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

What do you guys think of Erik Johnson? He is a top pairing D-man in Colorado right now but he was projected to be a stud number #1, top 5-10 in the league, like a perennial Norris candidate type stud. Was hyped like crazy but isn't necessarily living up to it now. Still a great D-man, very good 2-way top pairing guy that shows flashes of his insane potential, and only 24,  maybe Detroit could help him live up to his full potential.

maybe something like:
Filp/Mule+ 2 of Tatar/Frk/Jurco/Pulk/Tvrdon+ Kindl+ A mid pick/mid level d-prospect

for
EJ

Since Colorado is lacking veteran presence I wouldn't mind throwing Cleary in.

The Dive wouldn't even trade Quincey to the Wings without Kenny having to go through a proxy. No way are they going to send Johnson to Detroit.

IMO, I think that's one of the issues Kenny faces when trying to trade, especially with Western Conference teams. Too many GMs who think they're rivals to the Wings and/or don't want to help the Wings regardless of whether there's a trade there that could help their team.

Edited by ogreslayer, 23 January 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#35 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

maybe something like:

for
EJ

Since Colorado is lacking veteran presence I wouldn't mind throwing Cleary in and maybe taking out the pick

That's a little high of a price but EJ is a name I have forgotten about. For that kind of price tag I want a Letang type.

#36 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

That's a little high of a price but EJ is a name I have forgotten about. For that kind of price tag I want a Letang type.

Might be a little high but we'd have to convince Colorado to let go of their #1, also Filp is UFA at the end of this season and Mule is signed for life if anything we'd need to add more to get a deal done. That said ogreslayer makes a good point, I'd doubt Colorado would help Kenny out

#37 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Jack Johnson from LA

Columbus would have to trade him back to LA first...

The Dive wouldn't even trade Quincey to the Wings without Kenny having to go through a proxy. No way are they going to send Johnson to Detroit.

IMO, I think that's one of the issues Kenny faces when trying to trade, especially with Western Conference teams. Too many GMs who think they're rivals to the Wings and/or don't want to help the Wings regardless of whether there's a trade there that could help their team.

Good point...I think many fans think all Kenny has to do is make a phone call, suggest a deal, and it's done...Its so much more complicated that that...not the least of which is the salary cap...and not just for this season...you have to think several seasons down the road...

#38 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'd like to see something like Tatar + Emmerton + 2nd rounder for Gormley. 

Bogosian would cost us something like Filppula + Tatar + Kindl/Quincey.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

To Winnipeg:

Johan Franzen
Kyle Quincey
Tomas Tatar
Jakub Kindl
Cory Emmerton
Ken Holland

To Detroit:

Tobias Enstrom
Evander Kane
Jim Slater
Mark Stuart

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-E.Kane
Nyquist-Filppula-Samuelsson
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Slater-Tootoo

Enstrom-Kronwall
Ericsson-White
M.Stuart-Huskins
Colaiacovo
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't think Holland needs to rush out and make any trades yet.

I wrote something in a nother thread earlier today that I think applies to this as well. I'll leave it here for your enjoyment:

Bingo.

I've been comparing this season to the beginning of the 06-07 campaign. Let's recap...

We lost Shanahan and his team leading 40 goals, and Yzerman retired. Holland made no moves whatsoever to replace them. Some even proposed tricking Manny Legace into resigning and then trading him for a 1st line forward. Then Holland signed this decrepid old goaltender named Hasek. The reaction on this forum going into that season was that the Red Wings were destined for failure. Forum members spent long hours on NHL06 making trades that they could post about. When the season started, members threatened to boycott if the second coming Filppula was not kept on opening roster. They were sent into a rage, when Babcock and Holland kept Kopecky on the roster and wasted the final spot on Brad Norton. Filppula was FORCED into humiliation by starting the year in GR, and then we lost the first game of the season to Vancouver and it was PANDEMONUEM. XBOX360's were buzzing madly as Red Wings fans tried to trade Kirk Maltby for players like Crosby and Ovechkin on the newly released NHL07.

Patience payed off though. An injury to much reviled Brad Norton allowed Filppula to be called up and his play allowed for him to never go back to that awful embarassing place called Grand Rapids. Johan Franzen and Dan Cleary stepped up on offense to help offset the loss of Shanahan, and a small forward named Hudler cemented his place in the lineup by providing secondary scoring from the 3rd/4th lines. The Red Wings even held off on making trades until the deadline, aqcuiring 2 forwards who made very little impact on the team. They made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals that season.

I see a lot of parallels between that seasons offense and this seasons defense. I think Holland has the same outlook for this season. Rather than make outrageous trades, or sign overpriced UFA's, he wants to see if some of the existing players on the blueline step up to fill the holes left by Lidstrom and Stuart.