• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

He's not the one who's paying the 9 mill. The money is Illitch's call.

bringit.jpg

#62 sean

sean

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Show me a trade where someone has traded 5 players (4 roster players), and a pick. The relative return isn't even all that good, my man.

what

#63 sean

sean

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Holland is lost. He just blew 750k on freaking Huskins instead of playing with 5 or moving a forward back. Panic moves from a GM 3 games into the season. Gee, I wonder why we cant get Parise for 9 mil a year. Oh yah. Cuz Kenny thinks its better to stockpile a bunch of mediocre guys for 15 mil per year.

Have you read the new CBA? I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum salary was around 750k. He also played pretty well last night. 

what

#64 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Have you read the new CBA? I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum salary was around 750k. He also played pretty well last night. 

You are correct. Just because league min is 750k, that doesnt mean you have to sign a player.

#65 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

You are correct. Just because league min is 750k, that doesnt mean you have to sign a player.

Right. We should've just played with 4 or 5 defensemen.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#66 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Its not the end of the world for 1 game.

#67 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

no that's silly, we can put one of our fourth liners on the defensive line... :hysterical:

#68 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Its not the end of the world for 1 game.

White and Colaiacovo are out several weeks. Kindl has yet to play a game. It's not like all these guys are game-time decisions. Several guys will be out for a while.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#69 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

White and Colaiacovo are out several weeks. Kindl has yet to play a game. It's not like all these guys are game-time decisions. Several guys will be out for a while.

exactly, we already have 2 rookies on our d-line, ericsson should be back soon and kindl will be back friday, so we should be ok for a bit assuming we don't get another 2 injuries... assuming. 

#70 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

The OP thinks WHO should make the trade with Winnepeg? I noticed you forgot a name there and your sentence lacks structure from a missing noun. As stated by HALF the people in here, if Holland cant sing a good UFA, how the hell is he going to rape a team and snag exciting young players from them when we have nothing to offer back. Ken Holland lost his job by losing out on Parise/Suter. Its just a matter of time now. He has been exposed.

Lol, is this sarcasm?

#71 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I still have Chelli on my NHL playstation roster. i say

Chelli, 4th and 5th round pick, quincy

for Suter and a first round pick

My wish: A healthy roster

#72 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Sign Eric Lindros and call it a day.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#73 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

DON'T TRADE OUR 1 unless it is for a top pairing guy coming back which Bogosian isn't.

We could really get a nice pick this year so let's not throw another one away. Time for re tooling was after our last SC final now it is time for a real rebuild don't want to see us looking for shortterm fixes just to make the playoffs.

Just look at some retooling teams they are trapped in mediocrity.

Sent from my BlackBerry

I'm actually leaning this way as well.

I'd hate to trade away our 1st rounder if the Wings tank this season; Seth Jones would look good in a Red Wings jersey.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#74 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

We are going to play Huskins a handful of games. I have nothing against Huskins. I just think Hollands move getting him is idiotic and panic driven. We have X amount of dollars to allocate each year. We need to start spending 80/20 and 20/80. 45 mil to top 6 players, 15 mil to bottom 18 players. Hollanf is allocating funds poorly now. Example:

Parise (9 mil), Suter (9 mil), Datsyuk (6.75 mil), Zetterberg (6.25 mil), Kronwall (5 mil), Franzen (4 mil), Filppula (4.5 mil)

Top 7 = 44.5 mil

Ericsson (3 mil), Helm (2.5 mil), Howard (1.5 mil), Brunner (1.5 mil), Smith (1.5 mil), Abdelkader (1.5 mil), Kindl (1 mil),

Middle 7 = 12.5 mil

Tatar (.75 mil), Nyquist (.75 mil), Andersson (.75 mil), Emmerton (.75 mil), Ferraro (.75 mil), Lashoff (.75 mil), Ouelette (.75 mil), Almquist (.75 mil), Mrazek (.75 mil)

Bottom 9 = 6.75 mil

Total = 63.75 mil.

Huskins played one game. And he did well. You're just looking for something to rant about. That salary scenario isn't that scary. I think you mix the fact that we're too afraid to look like Holland lovers with the fact that we nitpick everything and instantly Kenny is treated like a bumbling idiot.

The 750k wasn't for one game. Holland I'd bet my last cent takes more into account than your average forum knowitall who really knows jack s***. What if someone else gets hurt? Are we going to keep bringing up inexperienced kids, or should we just fork out league minimum to a solid vet with experience to come in and help them out? What is that 750k costing us? Is there some signing or trade we're not going to be able to make because we're 750k short? What if someone aggravates an injury from a few games ago? Why not keep the kids in GR instead of having their first NHL action be a stressful situation with too much on their plate? I mean if you have the choice, why?