• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Ian White Out 2-3 Weeks

Rate this topic

Why do we always have players that are more prone to injury than other teams? It seems like every season, we lose half our roster to one thing after another.

Injury prone? Getting cut by a skate makes you injury prone? Coming down with Mono that turns out not to be mono? It's just bad luck in most cases. But I'm sure on LGW somebody will decide that White is injury prone...

No it's because we get mostly soft euro talent, not big tough savages like chara... Our guys are small and fragile, very talented, but small and fragile nonetheless

Exactly. If we had more big tough Canadians there would be none of this getting cut by a skate BS. And incidently Chara is a Euro and therefore a sissy. Bad example. You must have meant Pronger. Oh, wait...

Injury prone? Getting cut by a skate makes you injury prone? Coming down with Mono that turns out not to be mono? It's just bad luck in most cases. But I'm sure on LGW somebody will decide that White is injury prone...

Exactly. If we had more big tough Canadians there would be none of this getting cut by a skate BS. And incidently Chara is a Euro and therefore a sissy. Bad example. You must have meant Pronger. Oh, wait...

first off calm down... original quote was for the team not white, Detroit has a knack for injuries, remember last year? or the year before? or this year?

secondly, I said SOFT Euros, Chara is by no means soft, I never mentioned big tuff americans like chara, I just said big savages like chara, I don't care where they come from, the red wings are packed with small guys. If we drafted big bodied skilled Euros than that would be different.

Detroit being injury prone means the team members are prone to being injured, helm got cut by a skate last year, this year it's white. bertuzzi, kindl, colaiacovo, helm, sammy, ericsson, and gustavsson are all injured. Eaves just came back from a 14 month concussion, and we have only played 3 games so far, so yes detroit players seem to be prone to injuries, regardless of what or how they get injured.

Guest The Axe

Why cant we just suit up a spare forward as a Dman? Im sure Emdog would play D instead of sitting.

Why cant we just suit up a spare forward as a Dman? Im sure Emdog would play D instead of sitting.

Yeah, and when Gustavsson got injured, why didn't we just dress Emmerton as the backup?

.... :rolleyes:

I like where you are going with this, after all we've used extra D-men to fill in when we were short on forwards, but not sure if Emmerton is the forward I'd want to put back at D, call me crazy but I'd put Helm at D if he can go Friday, he's the most effective defensive forward we have not named Datsyuk.

Edited by McAwesome

I like where you are going with this, after all we've used extra D-men to fill in when we were short on forwards, but not sure if Emmerton is the forward I'd want to put back at D, call me crazy but I'd put Helm at D if he can go Friday, he's the most effective defensive forward we have not named Datsyuk.

Putting Brett Lebda on your 4th line and playing him 5 minutes in that position is not the same as dressing a 3rd/4th line forward as a defenseman. While your suggestion of dressing Helm in that slot is mildly more palatable than the previous suggestion of Emmerton, the transition is difficult. Very few forwards would be capable of just switching over to defense, especially with 2 days of preparation.

Regardless, hopefully Kindl will be back (as is expected) and this will be irrelevant.

Edited by Zetts

Guest The Axe

Putting Brett Lebda on your 4th line and playing him 5 minutes in that position is not the same as dressing a 3rd/4th line forward as a defenseman. While your suggestion of dressing Helm in that slot is mildly more palatable than the previous suggestion of Emmerton, the transition is difficult. Very few forwards would be capable of just switching over to defense, especially with 2 days of preparation.

Regardless, hopefully Kindl will be back (as is expected) and this will be irrelevant.

You are making good points. I just dont like renting a guy for one game at 750K. Thats dumb. Ericcson and Kindle shpuld fill holes by Friday.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff-Kindl

Huskins picking his butt for 750k.

Play with 5 until you can move your guys around that are already in the system and already getting paid.

You are making good points. I just dont like renting a guy for one game at 750K. Thats dumb. Ericcson and Kindle shpuld fill holes by Friday.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff-Kindl

Play with 5 until you can move your guys around that are already in the system and already getting paid.

Kronwall - Lashoff

Ericsson - Smith

Quincey - Kindl

Fixed it for you, the less we play Quincey the better

Guest The Axe

Kronwall - Lashoff

Ericsson - Smith

Quincey - Kindl

Fixed it for you, the less we play Quincey the better

Ha! Good point, ET.

What should've Ken done in that situation? I am a big critic of Ken, but every single move he makes doesn't warrant whining. Huskins played well last night. Hell, better than that dolt Quincey, who we're paying $3 million/year.

My point is, I don't see why the Huskins deal is anything to cry about. It's not like Ken was gonna get Dan Girardi here for $750,000.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros