Guest The Axe

Bert = 1.75 mil

Sammy = 3 mil

Colo = 2.15 mil

Quincey = 3.55 mil

Gustavsson = 1.4 mil

Tootoo = 1.9 mil

Huskins = .75 mil

Thats 15 mil of s***. We need NONE of these players. What we needed was Parise and Suter. But Holland is too stupid to see that we'd be better off going with an 18 man roster of GOOD players than a 23 man roster of crappy washed up has been other teams' rejects. I cant believe people cant see Holland's incompetence yet. Its no wonder star ufa's are avoiding Detroit like the plague. Holland is too concerned about Holmstrom and Bertuzzi's golden parachutes.

Bert = 1.75 mil

Sammy = 3 mil

Colo = 2.15 mil

Quincey = 3.55 mil

Gustavsson = 1.4 mil

Tootoo = 1.9 mil

Huskins = .75 mil

Thats 15 mil of s***. We need NONE of these players. What we needed was Parise and Suter. But Holland is too stupid to see that we'd be better off going with an 18 man roster of GOOD players than a 23 man roster of crappy washed up has been other teams' rejects. I cant believe people cant see Holland's incompetence yet. Its no wonder star ufa's are avoiding Detroit like the plague. Holland is too concerned about Holmstrom and Bertuzzi's golden parachutes.

I happen to agree with you regarding Samuelsson and Bertuzzi's contracts. There was definitely no reason to give Samuelsson a NTC. In my opinion, it was idiotic to give Bertuzzi that second year. Quincey has been a big failure this far. Overpayment.

However, PARISE AND SUTER WENT TO MINNESOTA FOR FAMILY. THEY WEREN'T COMING HERE ANYWAY. Neither of them are worth the idiotic contracts that Minnesota gave them. Yikes. Holland has made stupid moves, but overpaying for either of these overrated pansies would've been majorly stupid moves.

Also, players like Tootoo are desperately needed here. He's basically our only source of snarl and constant physicality up front. In my opinion, more players that play a similar style to his are needed.

I already explained the Huskins situation to you, but you never directly replied.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bert = 1.75 mil

Sammy = 3 mil

Colo = 2.15 mil

Quincey = 3.55 mil

Gustavsson = 1.4 mil

Tootoo = 1.9 mil

Huskins = .75 mil

Gustavsson = needed, we didn't have a legit backup to challenge howie before now.

tootoo = needed, he has brought a level of energy and excitement we only got from helm before, but mixed with grit and a good physical presence

colo = the only decent dman Holland could land after everything was picked through

huskins = a cheap stop gap, considering we didn't have enough dmen, hence why he was signed on game day yesterday.

quincey, bert and sammy i totally agree

Bert = 1.75 mil

Sammy = 3 mil

Colo = 2.15 mil

Quincey = 3.55 mil

Gustavsson = 1.4 mil

Tootoo = 1.9 mil

Huskins = .75 mil

The only reason that we had the money to talk to Parise and Suter was because we had players on lower level contracts. If you want elite players, some of your other players will be of the quality of those you listed. In your ideal world (I assume) none of those players would be here and we'd have Parise and Suter. But then who fills those remaining roster spots? Parise and Suter are two players. The people who would fill the other roster spots would be B-level players such as the very players you listed.

So what this really is, is that Holland set his roster up with the expectation of landing the two big fish. Your argument about that dead weight is really just re-hashing the same criticism that's seemingly never-ending here: that we couldn't land Parise and Suter.

Edited by Zetts

Guest The Axe

I happen to agree with you regarding Samuelsson and Bertuzzi's contracts. There was definitely no reason to give Samuelsson a NTC. In my opinion, it was idiotic to give Bertuzzi that second year. Quincey has been a big failure this far. Overpayment.

However, PARISE AND SUTER WENT TO MINNESOTA FOR FAMILY. THEY WEREN'T COMING HERE ANYWAY. Neither of them are worth the idiotic contracts that Minnesota gave them. Yikes. Holland has made stupid moves, but overpaying for either of these overrated pansies would've been majorly stupid moves.

Also, players like Tootoo are desperately needed here. He's basically our only source of snarl and constant physicality up front. In my opinion, more players that play a similar style to his are needed.

I already explained the Huskins situation to you, but you never directly replied.

Apologies. Youre right. Huskins is the small potatoes in that laundry list of crap. But my point is you cant say "We dont need to pay an extra 2 mil to get a great player and then go pay 15 mil to get a bunch of bad players." There's no logic to that.

Apologies. Youre right. Huskins is the small potatoes in that laundry list of crap. But my point is you cant say "We dont need to pay an extra 2 mil to get a great player and then go pay 15 mil to get a bunch of bad players." There's no logic to that.

Ok, we should get a defenseman and say forget about getting a backup goalie because we have a defenseman?

Guest The Axe

Ok, we should get a defenseman and say forget about getting a backup goalie because we have a defenseman?

I would rather see:

Parise-Datsyuk-Brunner

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Kronwall-Suter

Ericcson-Smith

White-Kindl

Howard

McCollum

Than the load of crap we have now.

Do you honestly think our current team is better than that one?

I would rather see:

Parise-Datsyuk-Brunner

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Kronwall-Suter

Ericcson-Smith

White-Kindl

Howard

McCollum

Than the load of crap we have now.

Do you honestly think our current team is better than that one?

yes I do, first off McCollum is garbage. Secondly, Abby plays center, Emmerton is useless, and Tootoo provides grit that we've failed to have in years, and he works hard every shift he is out there and plays with a lot of energy and heart. Once again though Suter wanted to play with his butt buddy in Minny, can't fix that, can't change that. Not to mention he was vastly overpaid, and isn't doing all that much to help his team now

Guest The Axe

yes I do, first off McCollum is garbage. Secondly, Abby plays center, Emmerton is useless, and Tootoo provides grit that we've failed to have in years, and he works hard every shift he is out there and plays with a lot of energy and heart. Once again though Suter wanted to play with his butt buddy in Minny, can't fix that, can't change that. Not to mention he was vastly overpaid, and isn't doing all that much to help his team now

McCollum is a backup. Who cares.

Abby and Emmerton play where they are told to play.

Tootoo sucks, bro. Hate to break it to you. He's not gonna score more than 10 pts this year.

You are in dreamland with your analysis.

Guest irishock

Bert = 1.75 mil

Sammy = 3 mil

Colo = 2.15 mil

Quincey = 3.55 mil

Gustavsson = 1.4 mil

Tootoo = 1.9 mil

Huskins = .75 mil

I'm good with Monster, Tootoo and Bert.

Samuelsson is really the only signing I cannot stand. The others is understandable given the circumstances and the Tootoo signing was actually a good one.

Samuelsson is a versatile forward, that is physical(not overly, but he's pretty good in the corners), he can play anywhere on the roster. And he puts up more points per game than Hornqvist, Derek Roy, and Okposo...

Not too mention he and Babcock have some familiarity which is important during a shortened season. I feel it was a good signing, gives us depth which is needed.

Samuelsson is a versatile forward, that is physical(not overly, but he's pretty good in the corners), he can play anywhere on the roster. And he puts up more points per game than Hornqvist, Derek Roy, and Okposo...

Not too mention he and Babcock have some familiarity which is important during a shortened season. I feel it was a good signing, gives us depth which is needed.

Yes, I can see why Holland opted to sign Samuelsson -it is safe, but that's exactly why I dont like it. I think this team needs fresh blood and I would have preferred someone younger to get that opportunity. Bertuzzi is a better choice in my opinion for what Samuelsson adds.

To be honest, I'd rather Huskins round out the 6th defense position than Kindl. We really need another defensive defenseman. Breakways and turnovers are killing us.

Kronwall-Quincey

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff-Huskins (rotate Lashoff and Huskins if Lashoff ever becomes less effective.)

Balances out offense and defense, even though It puts two rookies on the same pairing.

Until we replace Kindl, Quincey or maybe Ericsson, there just aren't any ideal pairings.

Jeez, I forgot about Colaiocovo. So many defensemen!

An 18 man competitive roster instead of the 23 man roster we have now leaves us with our pants down when the injury bug bites this team again ( which it will). If it were that big of a payoff, don't you think some teams would have made it work by now?

first off calm down... original quote was for the team not white, Detroit has a knack for injuries, remember last year? or the year before? or this year?

secondly, I said SOFT Euros, Chara is by no means soft, I never mentioned big tuff americans like chara, I just said big savages like chara, I don't care where they come from, the red wings are packed with small guys. If we drafted big bodied skilled Euros than that would be different.

Detroit being injury prone means the team members are prone to being injured, helm got cut by a skate last year, this year it's white. bertuzzi, kindl, colaiacovo, helm, sammy, ericsson, and gustavsson are all injured. Eaves just came back from a 14 month concussion, and we have only played 3 games so far, so yes detroit players seem to be prone to injuries, regardless of what or how they get injured.

I was being sarcastic.

The term "injury prone" implies that they are injured because of something other than bad luck like they are small, play recklessly, have areas of their bodies that they often have trouble with - like a bad back or a bad knee.

Getting cut by a skate is none of these. It is just plain bad luck. Bad luck and being "injury prone" are 2 different things.

I was being sarcastic.

The term "injury prone" implies that they are injured because of something other than bad luck like they are small, play recklessly, have areas of their bodies that they often have trouble with - like a bad back or a bad knee.

Getting cut by a skate is none of these. It is just plain bad luck. Bad luck and being "injury prone" are 2 different things.

I am referring to the team being injury prone, not individual players. The last few years Detroit seems to have an injury curse.

To be honest, I'd rather Huskins round out the 6th defense position than Kindl. We really need another defensive defenseman. Breakways and turnovers are killing us.

Kronwall-Quincey

White-Ericsson

Smith-Lashoff-Huskins (rotate Lashoff and Huskins if Lashoff ever becomes less effective.)

Balances out offense and defense, even though It puts two rookies on the same pairing.

Until we replace Kindl, Quincey or maybe Ericsson, there just aren't any ideal pairings.

Jeez, I forgot about Colaiocovo. So many defensemen!

Quincey on the top pairing? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Guest irishock

Btw is it possible that Bettman has put a bounty on White?

Edited by irishock

Kronwall-Quincey

White-Ericsson

!

Based on how lashoff and huskins have played so far this season I'd rather see...

Kronner - lash

Smith - Ericsson

White - huskins

But if we have everyone healthy, keep them on short leashes..