Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Bert = 1.75 mil
Sammy = 3 mil
Colo = 2.15 mil
Quincey = 3.55 mil
Gustavsson = 1.4 mil
Tootoo = 1.9 mil
Huskins = .75 mil

Thats 15 mil of s***. We need NONE of these players. What we needed was Parise and Suter. But Holland is too stupid to see that we'd be better off going with an 18 man roster of GOOD players than a 23 man roster of crappy washed up has been other teams' rejects. I cant believe people cant see Holland's incompetence yet. Its no wonder star ufa's are avoiding Detroit like the plague. Holland is too concerned about Holmstrom and Bertuzzi's golden parachutes.

I'm good with Monster, Tootoo and Bert.

bringit.jpg

#62 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Samuelsson is really the only signing I cannot stand. The others is understandable given the circumstances and the Tootoo signing was actually a good one.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#63 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Samuelsson is really the only signing I cannot stand. The others is understandable given the circumstances and the Tootoo signing was actually a good one.

Samuelsson is a versatile forward, that is physical(not overly, but he's pretty good in the corners), he can play anywhere on the roster. And he puts up more points per game than Hornqvist, Derek Roy, and Okposo...

Not too mention he and Babcock have some familiarity which is important during a shortened season. I feel it was a good signing, gives us depth which is needed.

#64 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Samuelsson is a versatile forward, that is physical(not overly, but he's pretty good in the corners), he can play anywhere on the roster. And he puts up more points per game than Hornqvist, Derek Roy, and Okposo...

Not too mention he and Babcock have some familiarity which is important during a shortened season. I feel it was a good signing, gives us depth which is needed.

Yes, I can see why Holland opted to sign Samuelsson -it is safe, but that's exactly why I dont like it. I think this team needs fresh blood and I would have preferred someone younger to get that opportunity. Bertuzzi is a better choice in my opinion for what Samuelsson adds.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#65 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Let's pick up Brian Leetch and Scott Stevens.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#66 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

To be honest, I'd rather Huskins round out the 6th defense position than Kindl. We really need another defensive defenseman. Breakways and turnovers are killing us.

Kronwall-Quincey
White-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff-Huskins (rotate Lashoff and Huskins if Lashoff ever becomes less effective.)

Balances out offense and defense, even though It puts two rookies on the same pairing.

Until we replace Kindl, Quincey or maybe Ericsson, there just aren't any ideal pairings.

Jeez, I forgot about Colaiocovo. So many defensemen!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#67 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

An 18 man competitive roster instead of the 23 man roster we have now leaves us with our pants down when the injury bug bites this team again ( which it will). If it were that big of a payoff, don't you think some teams would have made it work by now?

#68 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

first off calm down... original quote was for the team not white, Detroit has a knack for injuries, remember last year? or the year before? or this year?

secondly, I said SOFT Euros, Chara is by no means soft, I never mentioned big tuff americans like chara, I just said big savages like chara, I don't care where they come from, the red wings are packed with small guys. If we drafted big bodied skilled Euros than that would be different.

Detroit being injury prone means the team members are prone to being injured, helm got cut by a skate last year, this year it's white. bertuzzi, kindl, colaiacovo, helm, sammy, ericsson, and gustavsson are all injured. Eaves just came back from a 14 month concussion, and we have only played 3 games so far, so yes detroit players seem to be prone to injuries, regardless of what or how they get injured.

I was being sarcastic.

The term "injury prone" implies that they are injured because of something other than bad luck like they are small, play recklessly, have areas of their bodies that they often have trouble with - like a bad back or a bad knee.

Getting cut by a skate is none of these.  It is just plain bad luck.  Bad luck and being "injury prone" are 2 different things.

Do or do not. There is no try

#69 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I was being sarcastic.

The term "injury prone" implies that they are injured because of something other than bad luck like they are small, play recklessly, have areas of their bodies that they often have trouble with - like a bad back or a bad knee.

Getting cut by a skate is none of these.  It is just plain bad luck.  Bad luck and being "injury prone" are 2 different things.

I am referring to the team being injury prone, not individual players. The last few years Detroit seems to have an injury curse.

To be honest, I'd rather Huskins round out the 6th defense position than Kindl. We really need another defensive defenseman. Breakways and turnovers are killing us.

Kronwall-Quincey
White-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff-Huskins (rotate Lashoff and Huskins if Lashoff ever becomes less effective.)

Balances out offense and defense, even though It puts two rookies on the same pairing.

Until we replace Kindl, Quincey or maybe Ericsson, there just aren't any ideal pairings.

Jeez, I forgot about Colaiocovo. So many defensemen!

Quincey on the top pairing? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

#70 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Btw is it possible that Bettman has put a bounty on White?

Edited by irishock, 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

bringit.jpg

#71 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Btw is it possible that Bettman has put a bounty on White?

Hmmm, Jimmy will collect lol. 

#72 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

He said he'll resume skating before too long. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#73 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Kronwall-Quincey
White-Ericsson

!

Based on how lashoff and huskins have played so far this season I'd rather see...

Kronner - lash
Smith - Ericsson
White - huskins

But if we have everyone healthy, keep them on short leashes..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#74 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!

Babcock said Ian White told him he will be ready to play Tuesday.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#75 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

i wonder who the odd man out will be, and if this is likely the end of lashoffs time here. i sure hope not. he needs experience over our rental emergency signed player.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#76 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

i wonder who the odd man out will be, and if this is likely the end of lashoffs time here. i sure hope not. he needs experience over our rental emergency signed player.

Lash and Smith are the only waiver-exempt defensemen we have, which means Lash would be the first to be sent down.  So unless Kenny/Babs are working on getting Kindl some ice time in preparation for a trade, we'd likely see Lashoff back with the Griffs when Ian returns.

However, it's likely inevitable that we'll see Lashoff in Detroit again this year.  Someone will get injured, and Lash will be right back in Red & White.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.

#77 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

how likely would it be that huskins would get picked up on waivers if we tried to send him down? apparently nobody wanted him before we signed him a week into the season.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#78 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

how likely would it be that huskins would get picked up on waivers if we tried to send him down? apparently nobody wanted him before we signed him a week into the season.

I suppose it depends on when he would theoretically be sent to waivers.  The longer the season goes on, the more and more likely he would get picked (as teams get their rosters set for the playoffs, and late injuries send teams into a panic).

That said, it's highly, HIGHLY unlikely that he would be sent down.  Lashoff will get more minutes in GR (where he could be higher in the D pairings) than he will in Detroit, where he's pretty much assured of the 5/6 line, if not riding the bench.  Best to let him get more minutes playing under a coach that's phenomenal at getting young talent to perform well, then to be up in Detroit where he'll get fewer minutes, and fewer games played.

Lashoff is 22.  He'll have plenty of time to develop into a potential every-game player here in Detroit.  Until then, he's waiver exempt, and will do better where he can play consistently, so it makes the most sense to send him down.

burnnotice2.png

#79 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

He has played good though, other teams see that. They didn't want to take the gamble, but they see the reward. Plus why would you want to put our only stay at home d-man on waivers anyways?

#80 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Looks like he'll be back on Tuesday. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman