• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Call up the kids now

Rate this topic

Im just willing to see the kids suck hard and get better instead of the old guys suck normal and get worse. Either way, we are going to have a hard time the next few years. Why not let the kids get the experience now that we know our current older crappy players (Bert, Sammy, Miller, Eaves, Cleary, Tootoo, etc.) cant get it done?

They are getting experience. They log big minutes playing in all situations in GR. None of the forwards in GR are going to outperform anyone in the top 6 and would be buried on the 3rd/4th lines. Save for Lashoff, none of the Dmen in GR even have very much pro experience. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo have done their jobs just fine this season, and Bertuzzi hasn't even played yet. What makes them all "crappy"?

I know we shouldn't overreact to these tough games, but Sheahan could be a huge addition to the power play. If anyone watches griffins hockey they would know that Riley is the net frot presence on the power play and he does a great job allowing Almqvist and company to fire at a screened goalie

Several things. Counting on guys that have yet to play a single game of pro hockey is folly. NHL history is filled will guys that were stars at the JUNIOR level that never pan out. If you get 1 out of 10 prospects to turn out, you re doing pretty good.

The only guy left at GR that I would like to see come up is Riley-love me some beer-Sheahan. But, if any of the stories around here (I live in GR) are correct about his issues, he may not be up anytime soon.

Evens could come up and play for a few games if/when needed on the BL, but he isn't really a NHL prospect. He is a career AHL guy.

Guest The Axe

I wonder how hard it was for Boston to win the cup with those old guys Tim Thomas and Mark Recchi taking up roster space?

And 18 other guys in their primes or young, right? How many has beens were on the Kings last year? Oh yah. None.

And 18 other guys in their primes or young, right? How many has beens were on the Kings last year? Oh yah. None.

The Red Wings aren't even that old, they have 2 players over 35 years old...

I think one of the major knocks against the non-elite "senior Wings" (Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson) is that we know what we're getting from them. There's really no chance of any of them knocking anybody's socks off with an incredible season, not at this point in their respective careers. There is, on the other hand, a not-entirely-insignificant chance that one or two or all three of them might, well, kinda suck.

Holland likes familiar, likes "we know what we're getting from them." And that's not so insane. But there is, I think, something to be said for fresh, young, eager talent, with all its possibility and potential, and stuff.

I'd like to see Tatar but realistically he wouldn't have a different impact than Nyquist. The only player who fits a need right now is Sheahan, and I don't know if he's ready. We already have grinders. What we need are bonafide scorers.

I don't get why people are down on Nyquist? He's doing fine considering he's play 12 minutes a game, he's got 7 points in his first 19 games. Datsyuk only had 5 in his first 19. And Zetterberg only 8 in his first 19.

Now Nyquist probably isn't going to be any of them, but it's not like he's off to a terrible start. He's done just fine, there just isn't room in the top 6 quite yet.

Guest The Axe

I don't get why people are down on Nyquist? He's doing fine considering he's play 12 minutes a game, he's got 7 points in his first 19 games. Datsyuk only had 5 in his first 19. And Zetterberg only 8 in his first 19.

Now Nyquist probably isn't going to be any of them, but it's not like he's off to a terrible start. He's done just fine, there just isn't room in the top 6 quite yet.

Its because we are in need of Jesus right now.

10th out of 30 teams in the NHL when it comes to prospects.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

How is our farm system not any good?

Too many small, skilled players. Not enough high prospects with different body types and styles of play. We already have too many weak players who can't win puck battles along the boards.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest The Axe

Too many small, skilled players. Not enough high prospects with different body types and styles of play. We already have too many weak players who can't win puck battles along the boards.

I agree. Andersson is the only guy I like in our system.

I'd like to see Tatar but realistically he wouldn't have a different impact than Nyquist. The only player who fits a need right now is Sheahan, and I don't know if he's ready. We already have grinders. What we need are bonafide scorers.

With the rate that Wings are dropping off this year, it's only a matter of time before the 3rd line is Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar. And I for one would be more than ok with that.

Guest The Axe

Time travel hasn't been invented. But in a few months, it will have been.

1.21 jiggawatts, yo!

So where would you rank us in terms of prospects? 20?