• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Call up the kids now

Rate this topic

So where would you rank us in terms of prospects? 20?

I didn't say I was an expert on every team's prospect rankings, although I imagine these lists are opinion based, just like most lists.

I just know that most of our prospects that others have listed are small, skilled players. There's not enough diversity in the system. You can't plug these guys on the 3rd or 4th line and expect to win a playoff series. And none of them, except maybe Nyquist, are guys who can already play on the top two lines.

The last prospect that really impressed me when called up was Helm. That was like 5 years ago.

The good thing about having Bert, Cleary and Sammy is that one of our young guys really have to outplay one of them to get their spot. Those guys will get scratched if there are more effective players on the roster. It creates competition in the bottom 6.

Like with Lashoff, seems like Babcock liked the way he has played so when players come back from injury they will have to battle for their spot.

Also, look at Emmerton. He looks like he is competing for his job. His skill set may be lacking somewhat but he is really battling to the best of his ability probably from fear of getting benched

I didn't say I was an expert on every team's prospect rankings, although I imagine these lists are opinion based, just like most lists.

I just know that most of our prospects that others have listed are small, skilled players. There's not enough diversity in the system. You can't plug these guys on the 3rd or 4th line and expect to win a playoff series. And none of them, except maybe Nyquist, are guys who can already play on the top two lines.

The last prospect that really impressed me when called up was Helm. That was like 5 years ago.

I don't know about all our prospects either. I know there is some size with some of them though. I just don't know how many there are. I feel it is a little difficult to make a judgement on our prospects without knowing them all. Its not like I am watching all of them in Grand Rapids alone.