• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Franzen should have been at Tae Bo class during the lockout

Rate this topic

Franzen has the potential to be a good power forward if only he could fight. Either his game consists of sniping/floating from the outside which has not been effective the past few years or spending more time in front of the net and mixing it up. And by mixing it up I do not mean all the face washes he gives while being held in the arms of the referee. The way the game is officiated right now, he is going to get mauled every time he approaches the net and the only way to stop guys taking liberties is to drop the gloves and defend himself properly, not this after the whistle crap. This is the definition of the soft Euro tag.

I'm not sure what else he can do - it is apparent to me that he is trying and is engaged, he is just getting mugged in front of the net. I do not recall Shanny or even Bertuzzi (in his prime) taking that kind of abuse.

Is the Kronk gym still open?

I knifehand'ed my television so hard when he got knocked down and just laid like a dead fish for 30 seconds. I couldn't contain myself, I just wanted to destroy him. To display that type of stuff on a home opener, after all of your bulls***ty quotes we've heard for the past 2 seasons.. mule.. you don't even RATE that name. You're absolutely no work horse, you don't even have heart. /vent /rant /imdone #hashtag

I knifehand'ed my television so hard when he got knocked down and just laid like a dead fish for 30 seconds. I couldn't contain myself, I just wanted to destroy him. To display that type of stuff on a home opener, after all of your bulls***ty quotes we've heard for the past 2 seasons.. mule.. you don't even RATE that name. You're absolutely no work horse, you don't even have heart. /vent /rant /imdone #hashtag

To be fair, he had the D's stick between his legs and I think he was trying to tie him up until the Wings could get a shot off, that they never did.

I am with you, my initial thought was: "Great, now Mule is just going to literally lay on the ice."

To be fair, he had the D's stick between his legs and I think he was trying to tie him up until the Wings could get a shot off, that they never did.

While I understand that, my issue is he was also blocking a good portion of the net. Goalie should have thanked him...>_>

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So let me get this straight we have a 30 goal guy on a very reasonable 3.95 mill per year cap hit and we should just buy him out? put him on waivers? send him to work at Ikea? Does the Mule need to work harder shift in and shift out ? Yea of course he does but he isn't going anywhere.

Zajac - 423 games played - 91 goals 5.75 mill per ( but he's got potential lol)

Mule - 472 games played - 150 goals 3.95 per ( his ceiling is 30..maybe 35 but we know what we have )

His contract is too good to trade unless it makes alot of sense.

Franzen has a history of concussions, I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is get punched repeatedly in the head.

I still don't get what the big deal is about fighting in hockey. If you want to see fights and people getting concussions, watch the UFC or play video games that have fighting in them.

So let me get this straight we have a 30 goal guy on a very reasonable 3.95 mill per year cap hit and we should just buy him out? put him on waivers? send him to work at Ikea? Does the Mule need to work harder shift in and shift out ? Yea of course he does but he isn't going anywhere.

Zajac - 423 games played - 91 goals 5.75 mill per ( but he's got potential lol)

Mule - 472 games played - 150 goals 3.95 per ( his ceiling is 30..maybe 35 but we know what we have )

His contract is too good to trade unless it makes alot of sense.

This is literally the only argument I ever see in favor of Mule. I am just going to call it beaten spouse syndrome. We're acting like his on paper stats outweight his on-ice negatives when they really, really do not. Laying on the ice, turning it over, floating, that cancels out some math-whiz goal vs salary BS. Sorry but it does.

The problem will only get worse when the refs fail

to save him and his facewashing leads to a pummeling and he gets concussed once again.

I really really wish this guy had some tenacity...he would be borderline unstoppable...he would be bert in his prime.

He shows superstar spurts but no 60 minite effort....god dam we all got spoiled watching stevey lay it on the line every game like every shift was his last!

Franzen has a history of concussions, I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is get punched repeatedly in the head.

I still don't get what the big deal is about fighting in hockey. If you want to see fights and people getting concussions, watch the UFC or play video games that have fighting in them.

I'm fine with Mule not fighting but he certainly needs to finish his checks which he frequently does not. And people like fighting in hockey because it's exciting.

esteef

I'm fine with Mule not fighting but he certainly needs to finish his checks which he frequently does not. And people like fighting in hockey because it's exciting.

esteef

He's also taking on a role where he's going to be abused. He'd better learn to take it and get up. That's one thing I think we took for granted with Homer. We knew he took abuse but we took for granted the fact he'd get up as fast as he could, he could keep him balance pretty damn well and wouldn't sulk or float in his job.

He's also taking on a role where he's going to be abused. He'd better learn to take it and get up. That's one thing I think we took for granted with Homer. We knew he took abuse but we took for granted the fact he'd get up as fast as he could, he could keep him balance pretty damn well and wouldn't sulk or float in his job.

And because of that abuse he had to take, he never missed an opportunity to lay a big hit on one of those d-men. Loved that guy.

esteef

Idiots saying the same tired bulls***

Franzen and Cleary are the only wings players crashing the net. Franzen isn't a great stick handler so he isn't going to be controlling the puck a lot in the offensive zone. Flippula is supposed to be our stick handler on that line and he just gets bullied to the outside every time with the puck. I love the guy and he works hard but Franzen is a much more effective player with our roster the way it is in this first 3 games

Idiots saying the same tired bulls***

Franzen and Cleary are the only wings players crashing the net. Franzen isn't a great stick handler so he isn't going to be controlling the puck a lot in the offensive zone. Flippula is supposed to be our stick handler on that line and he just gets bullied to the outside every time with the puck. I love the guy and he works hard but Franzen is a much more effective player with our roster the way it is in this first 3 games

^I dunno what Franzen you're watching but I keep seeing him attempt to stick handle, in spite of his ability to lose it every time. He's one of those guys with good hands who doesn't know when to stop. He'll dangle himself into a turnover. Franzen doesn't crash the net as much as he floats towards it and gets knocked down. I dunno how you s*** on an absolute beast workhorse like Flip and praise Mule. That's so backwards.

^I dunno what Franzen you're watching but I keep seeing him attempt to stick handle, in spite of his ability to lose it every time. He's one of those guys with good hands who doesn't know when to stop. He'll dangle himself into a turnover. Franzen doesn't crash the net as much as he floats towards it and gets knocked down. I dunno how you s*** on an absolute beast workhorse like Flip and praise Mule. That's so backwards.

Try watching the game without bias. Game 2 Franzen was our best forward.

Flippula is a great back checker but he doesn't do too much to create offense and we need goals

esteef

Agreed.

And also if he's not going to fight, he needs to knock it off with the gloved punches, suckerpunches and whatnot. If he's going to start that crap in a scrum, he should back it up.

Try watching the game without bias. Game 2 Franzen was our best forward.

Flippula is a great back checker but he doesn't do too much to create offense and we need goals

Yeah, must be bias. Couldn't be that you don't really know what's going on out there. No, that's certainly not possible at all.

Yeah, must be bias. Couldn't be that you don't really know what's going on out there. No, that's certainly not possible at all.

People are just sheep and flock to bash on the same players that everybody else is bashing on. Franzen leads our team in scoring every year... Oh, but he's lazy.

I think Flippula is great but when down by 1 in the last minutes of a game I rather have Franzen on the ice

People are just sheep and flock to bash on the same players that everybody else is bashing on. Franzen leads our team in scoring every year... Oh, but he's lazy.

I think Flippula is great but when down by 1 in the last minutes of a game I rather have Franzen on the ice

I'm not "people". I point out what I see and have been long before it became "cool" to do it. Truthfully I couldn't give a s*** what the flock thinks. I see what I see and I see a guy who floats. Some guys just don't work hard. In the Babcock era we haven't seen many of those guys so we're not used to it but in this NHL today a lazy top 6 player is death.

Actually I lied. I do have bias. Towards the team. If you are holding them back because of prolonged laziness I want you gone. I don't care who you are. It takes a lot for me to turn on a player on the Wings and you won't see me say this about other guys. But Mule has been a total floater.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Franzen has the potential to be a good power forward if only he could fight.

His problem isn't that he doesn't fight. His problem is that he is lazy, soft, lazy, doesn't use his size, lazy, doesn't skate, lazy, doesn't use his stickhandling ability, lazy, takes soft wrist shots from the perimeter, lazy, is signed for another 8 years, and last but not least, lazy.

Fighting doesn't even come into it. Homer never fought, but he was the best net-front player in the last 20 years.

Edited by Nev

I say he should have been at the Tae Bo with tongue in cheek. While fighting is a part of the game, I do not prefer/recommend it except in this situation where Franzen needs to establish himself as someone who will not put up with the abuse. And what the hell is up with the NHL and all the after the whistle scrums, especially during the playoffs. It is a disgrace - if the NHL wants to condone fighting and roughing, then let the players go at it, concussions or not. But to let players get abused anywhere within 3 feet of the net only encourages the "I can get away with it anywhere anytime" mentality that brings out the goons in the sport.

Sorry for ranting. I see 2 problems here. The league allows the after whistle scrums that encourages more senseless violence in other parts of the game. And Franzen needs to send a message that he will not be cross-checked to the ice without retaliation.

Unfortunately Franzen also has a glass jaw so what am I going on about? :confused: