• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Franzen should have been at Tae Bo class during the lockout

Rate this topic

On a serious note, I've noticed for several seasons that opposition teams seem to target him for after-the-whistle rough stuff more than any other player of ours. Clearly they feel like its a worthwhile tactic.

On a serious note, I've noticed for several seasons that opposition teams seem to target him for after-the-whistle rough stuff more than any other player of ours. Clearly they feel like its a worthwhile tactic.

It clearly works. He seems to be taken off his game with a couple face washes or chops of the stick. If the idea is that he is going to camp out in front of the net, I actually think fighting wouldn't be a solution to the problem at all. It would actually run contrary to that goal. We don't need him sitting in the box with fighting majors or even matching minors. For some reason he can't get it through his head to defend himself between the whistles and skate away after them He needs some thicker skin and some pads like Homers' that accommodate for the extra attention that he draws. He and Bert both won't get even as many as the few calls Homer drew in front of the net because of their relative size. If he can't tough it out though (which it seems like he can't), it seems like his offensive resources are misallocated, his confidence suffers, and we will burn him out long before his contract is up.

Edited by kook_10