• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AusWing40

PK Subban

Rate this topic

It's only a rumor and not by anyone credible that I have seen so I post it here prefaced by that. But saw it in twitter that people think he will get traded by the habs, and was said we were front runners. Again it was just a retweet by a friend on twitter by an account I'm not farmiliar with.

Just curious what people's thoughts on here are about;

1. Subban himself
2. If we should go after him
3. What Montreal would take for him, assuming he won't come cheaply.

Account it was retweeted from is @NHLexpertpicks

Edit: typed off my phone if anyone can fix Subbab to subban would be appreciated haha

Edited by Matt

It's only a rumor and not by anyone credible that I have seen so I post it here prefaced by that. But saw it in twitter that people think he will get traded by the habs, and was said we were front runners. Again it was just a retweet by a friend on twitter by an account I'm not farmiliar with.

Just curious what people's thoughts on here are about;

1. Subban himself

2. If we should go after him

3. What Montreal would take for him, assuming he won't come cheaply.

Account it was retweeted from is @NHLexpertpicks

Edit: typed off my phone if anyone can fix Subbab to subban would be appreciated haha

1. it will be a big cap hit, he is good but overrated because of the current drought of dmen.

2. Definitely go after him, we would be crazy not to if this was remotely true.

3. Brendan Smith, or Lashoff with a draft pick, and your choice of one of our prospects in the ahl

EDIT: That trade is only if montreal signs him first, if it is just for his rights, give them Almqvist and a 2nd round pick

Edited by Euro_Twins

I heard the same rumor here in Québec: PK Subban is about to be traded.

I would like to have him here but not at any cost... Forget about Smith/Nyquist... the way we are playing now, our 1st rounder could be very HIGH... so that will be the starting point of negotiations.

1st rounder, Quincey, and a prospect

I would like to have him here but not at any cost... Forget about Smith/Nyquist... the way we are playing now, our 1st rounder could be very HIGH... so that will be the starting point of negotiations.

They aren't going to want Quincey. Lol.

No guarantee that our 1st will be high, especially if we're trading it at the beginning of the season to bolster our team. Who's to say if the Red Wings get Subban they don't go on a tear for the rest of the season, putting that pick well in the 20's

I have no doubt the 1st would be part of the deal, but I would expect Smith, Nyquist and a 1st rounder.

I'm not so quick to give up Smith without seeing him play a full season or two. I'd be in favor of Subban but i'd rather push out someone else.

I wouldn't be keen on it either, but I'm betting Montreal would want him as part of the overall package seeing that he is probably our best young player. I'm merely predicting what Bergevin would ask for.

Edited by DSM

I am from Belleville, I have seen Subban, as well as his 2 brothers play in Belleville. On the ice he has had a bit of an "edge" but he gets under the skin of other teams. He is a great person off the ice and i am sure alot of this "attitude" thing is more of a media spin then reality. Cocky yes he sure is, but there have been other players that were cocky we welcomed to the wings ... ei Hull..... I would love to see PK on the wings. He is very competive

I am from Belleville, I have seen Subban, as well as his 2 brothers play in Belleville. On the ice he has had a bit of an "edge" but he gets under the skin of other teams. He is a great person off the ice and i am sure alot of this "attitude" thing is more of a media spin then reality. Cocky yes he sure is, but there have been other players that were cocky we welcomed to the wings ... ei Hull..... I would love to see PK on the wings. He is very competive

Yeah, I was wondering how much of this was the Montreal media's attitude towards outsiders.

According to Montreal media outlets. Reliable.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414754

BROSSARD, Que. -- It wasn't exactly smiles and high fives in the Montreal

Canadiens dressing room on Tuesday over the news that P.K. Subban's contract dispute

had finally ended.

Veteran rearguard Andrei Markov refused to talk

about it, saying "He's not in the room yet, so let's talk about it when he's

going to be in the room."

And Josh Gorges, Subban's

regular defence partner, steered around questions on how he felt.

"To be honest, I'm glad that we don't have to talk about it any more," said

Gorges. "It's a non-issue now and we can focus on getting ready to play the

games without anything else to think about."

Asked if he was glad to have Subban back, Gorges said: "Like I said, it's

good that it's over and done with and it's settled. We don't have to have these

talks in the morning of what-if-this and what-if-that. It's over. We can focus

on playing hockey."

Often, when a player signs a contract, there are a flood of congratulatory

tweets from teammates, but this time, there were only a couple from players who

were not on the team last season.

After inking his deal, the 23-year-old Subban he couldn't wait to

"reintegrate" with the team.