Photo
- - - - -

New lines going into Friday (not speculation)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

He has all those things but I just can't stand when he makes a drop pass to no one, or forces a pass and we lose possession without anything good happening. Bertuzzi minus the wheels to get open is just killer. It will depend on the opponent.

#42 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

i like it just eaves and miller need to be switched

the tootoo abs miller line was intense

#43 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

has smith and lashoff ever played together on the griffins?

they might do good together. better than Q and smith

#44 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

has smith and lashoff ever played together on the griffins?

they might do good together. better than Q and smith

Smith and I would play better together than Quincey and Smith, and I would be drunk...

#45 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

This wont last long. Eaves is glass.

Man crush alert, Man crush alert!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#46 eb9

eb9

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Leaving Brunner and Z together makes sense given their experience together playing in Zug before the season.  I actually don't know why they aren't putting franz-dats-bert and fil-z-brun.  Last year those were the lines, but samuelson played in brun's spot.  I guess there will be changes galore until we get a winning streak though.

As a side note (that doesn't matter at all), on NHL 13 they have Brunner as 60 overall.  His play so far very much begs to differ.

#47 lacrossekid2

lacrossekid2

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Leaving Brunner and Z together makes sense given their experience together playing in Zug before the season.  I actually don't know why they aren't putting franz-dats-bert and fil-z-brun.  Last year those were the lines, but samuelson played in brun's spot.  I guess there will be changes galore until we get a winning streak though.

As a side note (that doesn't matter at all), on NHL 13 they have Brunner as 60 overall.  His play so far very much begs to differ.

Lol on NCAA Football 13 I don't even think Johnny Manziel was on the game

Lead Writer for http://awinninghabit.com and lead NHL writer for http://fansided.com

#48 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

No... Franzen is always useless playing on Pavs line... all he does is slow Pavs down. For now I would like to see what Fil can do on a line with Pavs and Bert. It is no secret that Fil is still feeling the effects of his injury so I think skating on a line with Pavs will help him out a lot and having a body like Bert out there will create space. If these new lines don't work, then I would like to see:

Bert- Datsyuk- Brunner (I think this would be a really good line. For everyone against splitting up Hank and Brunner... get over it. I don't think Brunner will complain too much because he has been getting used to Datsyuk's plays just fine and Pavel is a much better set up guy than Hank. Bert would create more space... I think this could turn out to be a great line.)

Fil- Hank- Franzen (Fil and Hank had great chemistry last year and Franzen typically plays decent on a line with Hank... could be a great 2nd line)

Cleary- Helm- Sammy (Solid third line that is responsible on both ends of the ice)

Toottoo- Abs- Miller/ Eaves 

I think eventually Babs will go to using these lines because i think they have the best spread.

#49 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Not a big fan of Bertuzzi back in the top-six, but not many other options and it's time to try something different anyways after the first three games. Datsyuk and Zetterberg needed to get split up because they weren't producing much and it now spreads out the talent more effectively. Filppula had garbage help with Franzen and Sammy, but I'm not sure he can carry his own line at center and maybe he'll shoot the puck again at wing with Datsyuk. Z and Brunner better continue their chemistry because they are playing down a linemate.

I would also rather see Eaves with Helm and Miller with Abdelkader. Hopefully Helm can spark the entire team tomorrow.

Edited by GoWings1905, 25 January 2013 - 12:13 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Good to hear they are trying Eaves on the third line instead of Miller. Miller adds very little in my opinion. I would really like to see Tootoo/Helm/Eaves though.

Miller scored more goals than any of the team's other grinders last season. 14 goals is not in the least shabby for a player who makes close to league minimum and who can also play effectively on the PK.

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hopefully Helm can spark the entire team tomorrow.

Amen.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Not a big fan of Bertuzzi back in the top-six, but not many other options and it's time to try something different anyways after the first three games. Datsyuk and Zetterberg needed to get split up because they weren't producing much and it now spreads out the talent more effectively. Filppula had garbage help with Franzen and Sammy, but I'm not sure he can carry his own line at center and maybe he'll shoot the puck again at wing with Datsyuk. Z and Brunner better continue their chemistry because they are playing down a linemate.

I would also rather see Eaves with Helm and Miller with Abdelkader. Hopefully Helm can spark the entire team tomorrow.

Bertuzzi has a great attitude and never floats.

Eaves, Miller, and Helm can all score. The three of them together would be very effective. Abdelkader should play on the bruiser line with Cleary and Tootoo.

#53 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I feel optimism returning

#54 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

id also like to add that ive never been so happy to get bert back weird 

#55 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Bottom six tonight according to Ansar Khan:

Cleary-Helm-Abby

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Not really sure if I understand this one, their offense isn't producing and so they have Abby on the wing and Eaves out.  Because, ya know, Eaves never scores more often than Abby.  I guess they must want a big body on each of their top three lines or something. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#56 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I've wanted to see Helm and Tootoo together for awhile. I think Miller could work beside them. He typically pretty versatile and can match their intensity.

#57 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Cleary-Helm-Abby

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Not really sure if I understand this one, their offense isn't producing and so they have Abby on the wing and Eaves out.  Because, ya know, Eaves never scores more often than Abby.  I guess they must want a big body on each of their top three lines or something. 

Abby is better playing wing, but I think the team would be better with Abby in Emmerton's place and Eaves playing.

If they keep Abby on the wing, we might see Andersson or Sheahan this season.

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Cleary-Helm-Abby

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

There doesn't seem to be a "big guy" on that third line, biggest guy would be abby at 6'1" but thats not big in the nhl, that's average. I don't like that bottom 6, I was looking forward to cleary helm eaves, and a grind line of miller abby tootoo

#59 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

There doesn't seem to be a "big guy" on that third line, biggest guy would be abby at 6'1" but thats not big in the nhl, that's average. I don't like that bottom 6, I was looking forward to cleary helm eaves, and a grind line of miller abby tootoo

Height really doesn't have much to do with it. Helm can knock the s*** out of guys much bigger than him, and Abby isn't a slouch either. Cleary won't blow anyone up but he can play a sandpaper game.

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I've wanted to see Helm and Tootoo together for awhile. I think Miller could work beside them. He typically pretty versatile and can match their intensity.

I have been hoping for that (with abby too) since tootoo was signed, tootoo and abby could clear out a lane for helm to skate through and eventually score, once in a while lol. miller helm tootoo or eaves helm tootoo would be pretty effective though