• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

PK Subban

Rate this topic

What's being ignored in this thread so far is that Kenny doesn't need to trade for Subban to land him. He's an RFA so technically Kenny could float an offer sheet. It won't happen, but in theory he could. That also comes with the risk that the Habs would match it too and if they didn't, the Wings would lose future draft picks.

what's interesting is that the world knows that they're off on term years. subban wants a long term contract, while the club wants a 2 yr. yes, they're off my the millions but it's not that bad. from the start it's always been a term problem. what would be VERY interesting is if teams did throw offer sheets subbans way. would be sign one that contained a 5 yr contract? would he force the hand of montreal? in all honesty, i don't see him forcing anything because montreal already showed that they would start the season without him. they aren't budging, he's the one that isn't playing while the rest of the league is. normally when it comes to offer sheets, i would immediately say it's a bad idea because they would match asap, but it would be real interesting to see what montreal would do when an offer sheet came in regarding a 5 yr contract.

An offer sheet for Subban would have to be absolutely ridiculous for Bergevin NOT to match it.

Very true. I wouldn't mind Kenny floating out a 7 year $6-7m contract just to force the Habs to match & screw up their cap situation like Holmgren did with Weber/Nashville.

Subban wants Drew Doughty money.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21527208/nhl-rumors-pk-subban-looking-for-doughty-money-in-new-deal

That being said, would you sign Subban long term for $6 million a season? This is going to be the Albatross that hangs over any NHL team that wants to trade for him. If Subban wants the same thing from his next NHL team, will they give it to him?

Personally, I think Subban is not worth $6 million a season and a 6-7 year contract. Thats just too darn much.

HAHAHA it would be great to see someone float Subban an offer sheet, and then screw the Habs in the process. HAHA. If nobody else can have him, at least they'll be saddled with a huge contract! :clap:

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

You do realize Quincey makes more because he took us to arbitration and we were forced to pay him that right?

they weren't "forced" to do anything because of arbitration. he never even made it to arbitration.

the only thing that was required was a qualifying offer of 100% of his previous deal (3.25 mil).

they weren't "forced" to do anything because of arbitration. he never even made it to arbitration.

the only thing that was required was a qualifying offer of 100% of his previous deal (3.25 mil).

you're right, my bad. Although, you can argue his salary wouldn't have been much different in arbitration

I agree that in a vacuum, Getzlaf > Subban. But Subban is 4 years younger, plays a much scarcer position in terms of talent, and there’s no guarantees Getzlaf would sign here (see fallout from Parise/Suter last year), whereas if they trade for Subban, they own him. I think it’s real dangerous to put your eggs in the UFA basket again unless you’re truly going to tank, and don’t really care either way because you’re trying to bottom out to get draft position. I understand that they wouldn’t have to give anything up player-wise for Getzlaf, but really, who are you going to be mad about if they traded him for Subban?

I agree that in a vacuum, Getzlaf > Subban. But Subban is 4 years younger, plays a much scarcer position in terms of talent, and there’s no guarantees Getzlaf would sign here (see fallout from Parise/Suter last year), whereas if they trade for Subban, they own him. I think it’s real dangerous to put your eggs in the UFA basket again unless you’re truly going to tank, and don’t really care either way because you’re trying to bottom out to get draft position. I understand that they wouldn’t have to give anything up player-wise for Getzlaf, but really, who are you going to be mad about if they traded him for Subban?

kronwall, datsyuk, z, flip, howie, and brunner

edit: smith and lashoff too

Edited by Euro_Twins

That turned out so well!

That was Burkie....this is reality lol.

Yep, save for the attitude problems (maybe thats just Montreal and how players are rockstars there...?), he looks like a good one. He could be a great Wing for years to come. Seems like a no-brainer.

I'd give him 5.5M. He's young and would make our team better right now and a great piece for the future

Agreed. He has a very competitive nature...I like his fire. I heard ( and can't find the link) that he was offered 5 million and he wants 7....so yikes.

Ya, the way he has come in and played for us so far, I want to see more of him, he has potential and he is young, why would we give that up? He has been one of our more solid dmen so far

I'd rather have Subban than Lashoff.

Now, granted, it'd take more than Lashoff to land Subban via trade. But if it came down to "Throw Lashoff in and you've got yourself a deal," I'd pull that trigger.

Lashoff has been good. I don't think he projects all that high, though. He's here as a necessity; it's not that he was so strong in GR that Holland had no choice but to promote him to the big club.