• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

PK Subban

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

sheed_zpsa738ad39.jpg

Yes, he actually was waring this in the 2004 victory parade.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Playmaker

Tony McKegney played for the Wings as well, I think only for a season...Part of that stellar Oates/Federko trade.

It's worth noting that the title of the article is also NHL Rumors. And that link doesn't mention the numbers you stated as fact.

Not to say Subban isn't asking for that, but it's still all just rumblings. Which are especially suspect to me since it involves Montreal.

I haven't seen him play a ton, but he's only 23 years old and has a lot of talent. I can't see him getting Doughty money though, if only because of the new CBA.

Very true, all this is rumor. I don't think any player is going to go to the press and tell them what he thinks he is worth. The rumor wire is alive with this though, and the more I hear about it, it very well could be true.

Its obviously more than 5 million over 2 years. Subban wants a 5-6 year deal, that much is confirmed.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/26/canadiens-pk-subban-remain-far-apart-in-contract-talks

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Looking at the fan responses at TSN - I'm actually in the majority...I honestly haven't seen anyone suggest that Subban's worth more than what the rumoured offer by Habs GM Marc Bergevin.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414479

TSN comments? wow, why don't we just post youtube comments.

i mean actual knowledgable hockey fans. anyone that thinks 2.5 x 2 is fair for subban is insane.

Yeah I definitely see him going for more in a couple years, Montreal could have saved themselves some cash by signing him long term.

Probably didn't want another Gomez mess on their hands

Edit: or Carey Price for that matter, 6.5mil/year for him... Imagine how much Howie could fetch in Montreal lol

Edited by Euro_Twins

Guest RedWingsDad

Congratulation to Subban, and to me, because he is on my fantasy team. Happy day!

Glad we didn't sign him. He's good offensively, but, he's not worth 5-6 million dollars long term, nor the picks/prospects needed to bring him here. The Wings need a shutdown guy to be paired with Kronner, because Kronwall is pretty good at moving the puck, but there is no real shut down guy in the top 8 d-men in the system.

Glad we didn't sign him. He's good offensively, but, he's not worth 5-6 million dollars long term, nor the picks/prospects needed to bring him here. The Wings need a shutdown guy to be paired with Kronner, because Kronwall is pretty good at moving the puck, but there is no real shut down guy in the top 8 d-men in the system.

Did you not see how much he signed for? Hello?