• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Brunner is a start, but.....

Rate this topic

As far as a top line winger who actually likes to shoot the puck goes, I like Damien Brunner.

But one isn't enough in my opinion. I need some education on our pipline: who are the wingers in the farm system that are supposed to be goal scorers? Preferably 6 foot or bigger?

Edited by unsaddleddonald

Teemu Pulkkinen is listed at 5'11", right handed RW, ridiculous shot, coming to North America next season.

Tomas Jurco is in Grand Rapids now, 6'2" RW. He's having a slow start, but he could end up being a sniper at the NHL level.

Martin Frk is playing over in Czech Republic, listed at 6'. likes to shoot. has a cannon.

we actually have a pretty deep prospect pool up front. these are just a few we haven't seen in the winged wheel yet that we might in the next couple of years.

Teemu Pulkkinen is listed at 5'11", right handed RW, ridiculous shot, coming to North America next season.

Tomas Jurco is in Grand Rapids now, 6'2" RW. He's having a slow start, but he could end up being a sniper at the NHL level.

Martin Frk is playing over in Czech Republic, listed at 6'. likes to shoot. has a cannon.

we actually have a pretty deep prospect pool up front. these are just a few we haven't seen in the winged wheel yet that we might in the next couple of years.

Frk's in the Q playing for the Halifax Moosehead actually. 47 points (16g, 31a) and a +15 & 56 pim in 33 games.

Frk's in the Q playing for the Halifax Moosehead actually. 47 points (16g, 31a) and a +15 & 56 pim in 33 games.

Ah yes, I meant he's from Czech Republic. I must have been a little hasty in typing my response.

Thanks for catching and correcting my error.

Pulks, Jurco, Frk are shooters. Guys like Jarnkrok, tatar, nyquist can all score but playmake primarily.

Obviously I'm getting restless wanting to see these guys. We need shots, shots, shots.

I love Hank, but I would say his shot is above-average at best. And Pav/Fil never shoot.

Need more shots....

Obviously I'm getting restless wanting to see these guys. We need shots, shots, shots.

I love Hank, but I would say his shot is above-average at best. And Pav/Fil never shoot.

Need more shots....

The way the first 3 games have gone, I've needed more shots to get through them too.

We dont have any snipers on the team or in our system. Zetterberg is our best

I'm not going to call you stupid like the last guy, but if you get a scouting report on Pulkkinen he's usually described as EXCLUSIVELY a pure sniper. He plays the game very much like Brett Hull did, find open ice and one time the puck.

Not going to say that he's going to be a superstar in the NHL, but as far as a "sniper" type of game, he's that in it's truest fashion.

I'm not going to call you stupid like the last guy, but if you get a scouting report on Pulkkinen he's usually described as EXCLUSIVELY a pure sniper. He plays the game very much like Brett Hull did, find open ice and one time the puck.

Not going to say that he's going to be a superstar in the NHL, but as far as a "sniper" type of game, he's that in it's truest fashion.

Thanks for the video! I don't know a whole lot about this guy, but am excited to see what he can bring to our team. Roughly how far away is he from the NHL?

Edited by Jasper84

Thanks for the video! I don't know a whole lot about this guy, but am excited to see what he can bring to our team. Roughly how far away is he from the NHL?

They anticipate he'll make the jump over from Europe next year and play for the Griffins, he's still quite young though, so the chances of him making the big club are small. He'll likely play in GR for at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Geeze, how far away is he from Grand Rapids (at least)?

I would like him now....

EDIT: never mind, question answered.

Edited by unsaddleddonald

The next couple of years!? The next couple of years!? What do you mean the next couple of years!? A lot of people on this board can't wait that long! It's time to over pay for UFA's NOW!! :lol:

Actually with the talent we've got on the way, I don't mind if we have a couple average or below average years for a good draft position to load up on young talent, so we can put another long run together. I don't want to "just make the playoffs".

We dont have any snipers on the team or in our system. Zetterberg is our best

And you would know this how?

Edited by Barrie

They anticipate he'll make the jump over from Europe next year and play for the Griffins, he's still quite young though, so the chances of him making the big club are small. He'll likely play in GR for at least 2 or 3 seasons.

I remember the talk last summer was that he was going to be in GR this season....and then suddenly he was not.

The Wings are at the start of a transition. The talent the team needs to fix this team is in the system just not NHL ready. I'm predicting after failing on Suter and Parise the Wings moved on to patching the roster as best as possible until that time. That would explain the Sammy signing. Honestly although it would frustrate me to watch the next two years I wont mind this movement. In the long run it will be better for the team. The wings arent 1 or 2 big signings from being a contender like they have been for so many years. There are to many holes to fill that way. They need some production from the system. Then big signings will come into play.

I remember the talk last summer was that he was going to be in GR this season....and then suddenly he was not.

If I remember correctly, there was some mandatory military service. I think they talked about him possibly coming here for a year, then going back to finish his service, then realized that would be silly.

He's been kind of going downhill since being drafted though. Far from a lock for the NHL, though too soon to count him out.

As far as a top line winger who actually likes to shoot the puck goes, I like Damien Brunner.

But one isn't enough in my opinion. I need some education on our pipline: who are the wingers in the farm system that are supposed to be goal scorers? Preferably 6 foot or bigger?

Yea, because we don't want any guys that are under 6' like that Datsyuk guy or that Zetterberg guy....I just hope these guys in our farm system are Canadians.

Yea, because we don't want any guys that are under 6' like that Datsyuk guy or that Zetterberg guy....I just hope these guys in our farm system are Canadians.

LOL, so you dug this up to take a shot at me?

Don't pretend that our team that lacks size wasn't pushed around in that playoff series against Nashville. The Predators set the blueprint: beat the Red Wings by skating faster and hitting harder.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are great players. But I think we need more size in our lineup to avoid being kept to the perimeter of the offensive zone for a short 5-game playoff series.