• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Wild 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

If we lose to Minnesota I predict many posts about how Ken Holland should be fired for missing out on Parise / Suter. I know, I know... I am going out on a limb, but I think that's what will happen. :D

We really need to win this game, for the sake of the team, and for the sake of sanity on the forums. I'm excited to see us with a stronger 3rd and 4th line thanks to the return of Bert and Helm. Hate on Kindle all you want, but at this point I feel like his inclusion in the line-up is a stabilizing factor.

Any word on Monster?

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 1-game losing streak

Historical Regular-season Streaks v. Minnesota

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Home: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-season

Overall: 1W-2L

Home: 0W-1L

Last Ten Games – Regular-season v. Minnesota

Overall: 7W-2L-1OTL

Home: 7W-0L-2OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the last of two consecutive Home games

Detroit v. Minnesota
All-time Record v. Minnesota
All-time, Overall v. Minnesota
69G: 49W-13L-1T-0RT-2OTL-4SOL
All-time, Home v. Minnesota
22G: 15W-3L-1T-0RT-2OTL-1SOL
Season Record v. Minnesota
This is the first of three games v. Minnesota this season
This the first of two Home games v. Minnesota this season
Record on this Day

January 25

This is the 35th regular-season game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 34 games:

20W-12L-2T

This is the 1st regular-season game v. Minnesota played on this day

LGW.

I think this game will be a decent indicator of where we are. The guys have had a couple of games to shake the rust, and they've had 2 days off to rest, recover, and get ready.

Add to that the welcome addition of Helm, Bert and yes, Kindl, and I'm hopeful we'll see the best effort so far from this team.

I predict we somehow finally get our goalscoring going and take this one 5-3.

If we lose to Minnesota I predict many posts about how Ken Holland should be fired for missing out on Parise / Suter. I know, I know... I am going out on a limb, but I think that's what will happen. :D

We really need to win this game, for the sake of the team, and for the sake of sanity on the forums. I'm excited to see us with a stronger 3rd and 4th line thanks to the return of Bert and Helm. Hate on Kindle all you want, but at this point I feel like his inclusion in the line-up is a stabilizing factor.

Any word on Monster?

I do not think you are going out on a limb at all, that is exactly what 75% of the people on this forum will do, if we lose. I can see it now "if only ken would have signed Suter we wouldn't be in this position, look how much better minnisota is now because of them, blah blah blah" right cause kenny didn't try to sign them...

I will be happy when Ericsson returns, and I don't think monster will be ready to back up howie tonight, maybe sunday.

Suter has been brutal his first couple games, so lets judge that deal right now what a bunch of idiots in Minnesota for signing him.

If you are going to call the wings season over then you should call that deal terrible as well. Or you could you know, wait and see for at least a few weeks of hockey to play out?

Suter has been brutal his first couple games, so lets judge that deal right now what a bunch of idiots in Minnesota for signing him.

If you are going to call the wings season over then you should call that deal terrible as well. Or you could you know, wait and see for at least a few weeks of hockey to play out?

I always liked the idea of signing suter to a decent contract, maybe 5mil. He is not worth what he got in minny, he is very overrated. He doesn't have anyone of weber's caliber playing alongside him now, he always wanted to be number 1, to be "weber" but hjust wasn't as good, that is why he always played in weber's shadow. Now the truth is starting to come out about how much weber actually did. Yes I know Weber said himself he couldn't have done everything he did without suter there, blah blah blah. All that means is Weber needs a decent defenseman to stay back while he takes risks, that doesn't make suter elite. Minny can have that huge contract, I'm sure they will be kicking themselves soon enough, Parise however is worth his money, no debate there. I really hope Detroit embarasses Suter tonight and makes him wish he chose wiser, alongside Kronner he could have been pretty good with us, for 5mil lol

If we lose to Minnesota I predict many posts about how Ken Holland should be fired for missing out on Parise / Suter. I know, I know...

honestly, I think Parise and Suter pretty much had their minds set on joining Minnesota, unless the money was unreasonable.

With Chicago looming on Sunday, this is a pretty important game early on. Starting 1-4 isn't ideal.

I think Helm's impact will be felt and the offense will score some goals. Probably going to need that to be the case unless Jimmy bails out the defense again like Tuesday.

Let's Go Red Wings!

With Chicago looming on Sunday, this is a pretty important game early on. Starting 1-4 isn't ideal.

I think Helm's impact will be felt and the offense will score some goals. Probably going to need that to be the case unless Jimmy bails out the defense again like Tuesday.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Let's not forget Chicago can't win every game, and Sunday we may be able to take advantage of them coming of a back to back, as we have the day off saturday.

Let's not forget Chicago can't win every game, and Sunday we may be able to take advantage of them coming of a back to back, as we have the day off saturday.

That's true and certainly possible. I just see two very different teams right now and the Blackhawks might be able to score a lot of goals against this defense.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

That's true and certainly possible. I just see two very different teams right now and the Blackhawks might be able to score a lot of goals against this defense.

chicago will destroy this wings squad.

Suter? This Suter? I'd love for this to happen again, but don't make me wait until the end of the game.

Ya that Suter, I would LOVE to see that again! :) I went nuts last year when Dats did that :D

Too bad itprobably won't be Z feeding Pasha again though, I wouldn't mind Blade Brunner pulling something like that though

Tonight's Officials

Referees Brian Pochmara-16 & Kevin Pollock-33 Linesmen Andy McElman-90 & Jean Morin-97

I remember a time when I used to care who was reffing. For instance, if it was Dan O'Halloran or someone I'd be all like "uh-oh, Dan's reffing, we might lose this one!!".

Now I don't care, because losing SO FAR (note to the LGWs Optimism Brigade) can only be blamed on pure suckiness. :lol:

Edited by rick zombo

Ya that Suter, I would LOVE to see that again! :) I went nuts last year when Dats did that :D

Too bad itprobably won't be Z feeding Pasha again though, I wouldn't mind Blade Brunner pulling something like that though

I'm pretty sure I went ape s*** and did laps around my couch...and I didn't even spill my beer.