• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Wild 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

We aren't paying Quincey 100 million over 13 years...

I don't hate Suter, I just was never a fan of us going after him for the price he was going to fetch, I felt he benefited greatly playing with Weber, and with the Nashville system. Suter is good, but he's not 7.5 million good. And it's just kinda funny to me that the same people writing the Red Wings off so early this season, are the same people that wanted to go all out for Suter, and then refuse to acknowledge his slow start.

I've never said he had a good start and I fully acknowledge his poor games but at the end of the day the guy is elite and there aren't many better defenders in the league. Weber benefited from playing with Suter too there is a reason, why these two were considered the best pairing in the world. Minnesottas defense is Suter + X at some point it will be Brodin but right now he is just learning what it is like to play in the NHL.

I j ust don't understand the hate against Suter he hasn't done anything wrong, if someone would offer me such a crazy contract you can be sure I'd be signing it, yes he decided against the Wings it happens I won't hold against him, period.

Cleary has been good for us over the years, but right now, what we're seeing from him, id rather not see. Id rather see Nyquist at this point. Add more youth... more energy. It's what this team needs. Just look at the impact a guy like Helm has when he steps on the ice. It's not about hatred for a player to me... its about him being a stop gap at this point in his career for younger, talented players that need NHL ice time.

The penalties have been pretty weak IMO...

I've watched an average of 50-60 regular season games and every playoff game for many years now and I haven't seen anything useful from Cleary for about 3-4 years. He takes all his shots from the sideboards straight to the logo and he looses the puck just carrying it and falls down for no good reason. Nyquist should definitely be in the lineup. Fast, good with the puck and creative.

No worries, bro. We are just a lot better as a group of fans, you included. Thats why the other teams fans are jealous and call us bandwagoners!!!

bandwagoners go to whatever team is doing good.. i'd say we get called bandwagon fans because the wings are good more often than not. :P

No worries, bro. We are just a lot better as a group of fans, you included. Thats why the other teams fans are jealous and call us bandwagoners!!!

No worries. Just hate to see someone wish harm on another person.

I get FAR too intense sometimes. When the Wings lost to the Pens in '09 i threw a drumstick at the old Pens fan drummer when he started talking s***. I'm just tired of old legs when we have quality prospects like Nyquist and Ironhook

How have the penalties been? Let's just say that if this was a symphony, the refs have all wanted to be the percussion section.

They're setting the tempo.

Nice analogy for the music teacher. :). Obligatory drummer joke - How do you know your stage risers are level? The drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth. Seems right from what you say about the refs.

Thanks to all for the updates.

I've never said he had a good start and I fully acknowledge his poor games but at the end of the day the guy is elite and there aren't many better defenders in the league. Weber benefited from playing with Suter too there is a reason, why these two were considered the best pairing in the world. Minnesottas defense is Suter + X at some point it will be Brodin but right now he is just learning what it is like to play in the NHL.

I j ust don't understand the hate against Suter he hasn't done anything wrong, if someone would offer me such a crazy contract you can be sure I'd be signing it, yes he decided against the Wings it happens I won't hold against him, period.

I don't hate Suter, and I don't understand the boo's either. I just don't get the love for him, he's not that good. Look at the 4th goal tonight, he just got man handled in front by Franzen. Fact is Nashville scored more, let in fewer and won more games when he wasn't playing. Yet when Weber was off the ice the team was much worse scoring goals, preventing goals, and winning games. The stats don't lie when you actually look into it. Suter was helped more by Weber, then Weber helped by Suter.