• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Wild 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

"kind of a sloppy pass by datsyuk there, it was not a clean pass.." -minny announcers on pavel's sick feed to bert.

Brunners goal wasn't a great shot either, or datsyuks. That datsyuk shootout move isn't really all that creative. Suters contract wasn't an overpayment. The sky isn't blue....

Going by the NHL Network highlights there was no fight and no hitting in this game.

Oh, and did we mention that Crosby scored two goals in a losing effort? And how he's such an influential and effective player, and how he scored 2 goals tonight?

Made me sick.

Guest irishock

:hysterical: Pens defense s***ting the bed

:hysterical: cup favorites

Edited by irishock

Seen Brunner for years. I'm not a fan of EV Zug (his former team), and as such, not too desolate about seeing him playing in the NHL now :eh:

Oh my... Fellow swiss. You really should get over whatever problems you've had with our guys playing against your team in Switzerland.

First off about Brunner's defensive work: Yes, true he's got some problems there. However if he doesn't get that physical so far, you can definitely blame a big part of that to the transition time. You just don't get that physical in the Swiss league, and for sure even less as a forward. We'll see how that's going to develop.

And then about the standard s*** we got to hear by all Brunner haters in Switzerland over and over again: Apparently he's lazy, selfish, a diva, only waits for the passes to come around so he can put em in. Please, my deary, just rub your eyes clean and take a good look at his statistics in Switzerland and actually read what they say. Let's take this season where he actually still is on top of the scorers list: 25 goals, 32 (!) assists. Sounds extremely selfish to me, he obviously never gets the puck to his line mates... :baby: He's got an easy going attitude and you guys mistake it as arrogance, that's your problem, not his. You ask the guys he's played with, the other players from EV Zug or opponents and the answer is he's well liked and respected in Switzerland. Please, just stop spreading your untenable thoughts and stick to the facts. Facts are: He's clearly the best Swiss forward we have atm (yes, maybe Bärtschi, Nino or someone currently in Switzerland will take that spot in the future) and he obviously knew how to score in Switzerland - And the tendency is, he knows how to do it in the NHL as well. But hey, he's not perfect. Who are you waiting for? The Swiss Gretzky? He's got a good attitude though and I'm confident he's gonna adjust and learn, taking some steps forward. After all with Pav and Z he's got at least two great two-way forwards in his team he can learn from. Stop the hating, alright?

And yes, I actually am a fan of Zug.

Good to see us beat the Wild. Also I didn't hear Suter's name too much tonight, only when the Wild announcers said he got his 1st assist. I think Suter's overrated.

Also Parise, how do you pronounce his name properly? Does the "e" at the end of his name have an "e" sound to it, or does it have an "a" sound? The Wild announcers were pronouncing it with an "e" sound, but I've alwayed heard, and say it, with an "a" sound. Minny signed him for 13 years, they better get the name right!

Edited by Barrie

Oh, and did we mention that Crosby scored two goals in a losing effort? And how he's such an influential and effective player, and how he scored 2 goals tonight?

Made me sick.

OMG CROSBy WAAAaaaaaaa

Best game of the season outside the parade to the penalty box and not a very strong first. Helm being back does wonders for the third line and splitting up Z and Datsyuk spreads out the talent in the top-six much more.

Bertuzzi looked like he had some very fresh legs for his first game. He creates a lot of space for Datsyuk to work his magic. Filppula was also very noticeable tonight. Huskins and Lashoff stood out to me on defense.

Nice team win. Gonna be a tough challenge on Sunday.

Guest irishock

OMG CROSBy WAAAaaaaaaa

Best captain since Yzerman.... best scorer since Mario.... best skater since Fedorov.....

Best captain since Yzerman.... best scorer since Mario.... best skater since Fedorov.....

One of those things is true. Guy is overrated. Great scorer but his captaincy is no better than some others. He's got the attitude of a 14 year old girl and he doesn't look any more beloved in the locker room than some other great captains. He looks like he even rubs a few teammates the wrong way sometimes. And he's not even a top 5 skater in the league nevermind the best since Fedorov, that's just buying the marketing schtick way too hard.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

I was just being sarcastic, but anyways...

It's a Crosby comment, on a hockey forum. I just don't even know anymore. He's been hated so long it's almost like you can feel the hipster contrarians defend him just to be different.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Oh my... Fellow swiss. You really should get over whatever problems you've had with our guys playing against your team in Switzerland.

First off about Brunner's defensive work: Yes, true he's got some problems there. However if he doesn't get that physical so far, you can definitely blame a big part of that to the transition time. You just don't get that physical in the Swiss league, and for sure even less as a forward. We'll see how that's going to develop.

And then about the standard s*** we got to hear by all Brunner haters in Switzerland over and over again: Apparently he's lazy, selfish, a diva, only waits for the passes to come around so he can put em in. Please, my deary, just rub your eyes clean and take a good look at his statistics in Switzerland and actually read what they say. Let's take this season where he actually still is on top of the scorers list: 25 goals, 32 (!) assists. Sounds extremely selfish to me, he obviously never gets the puck to his line mates... :baby: He's got an easy going attitude and you guys mistake it as arrogance, that's your problem, not his. You ask the guys he's played with, the other players from EV Zug or opponents and the answer is he's well liked and respected in Switzerland. Please, just stop spreading your untenable thoughts and stick to the facts. Facts are: He's clearly the best Swiss forward we have atm (yes, maybe Bärtschi, Nino or someone currently in Switzerland will take that spot in the future) and he obviously knew how to score in Switzerland - And the tendency is, he knows how to do it in the NHL as well. But hey, he's not perfect. Who are you waiting for? The Swiss Gretzky? He's got a good attitude though and I'm confident he's gonna adjust and learn, taking some steps forward. After all with Pav and Z he's got at least two great two-way forwards in his team he can learn from. Stop the hating, alright?

And yes, I actually am a fan of Zug.

Post appreciated. I don't wanna start a Swiss war on the Wings forum :ok:

I think you got me wrong. I fully understand and reckon that Brunner is a great player!

You said that the play in Switzerland isn't that physical, and you're right, but nonetheless: Brunner has avoided contact, yet conflicts, even in the Swiss league. So in that sense, "developement" is a bit displaced, don't you think?

About the Swiss haters of Brunner: I'm not *sure* where that comes from, but just one thing: I've played against Brunner about age 15-17, and I don't remember him because we was soooo good, but because of his face. He can't do anything about it, but he just looks like someone who you want to punch. And that's what we did, at least one time. Nothing really special, such things happen. Looking at NLA games, some players seem to agree with me as they've targeted Brunner as an arrogant pig, which probably he's not. Long story short: I don't know Brunner personally, he has a professional attitude, and I fully grant him his success!!

You also say that Brunner is the best Swiss forward atm. I can't prove you wrong. Moreover, I'd agree.

But still, he's a diva :blind:

Edited by Mater_Horn

Swiss guy. Know the Swiss League very well but enjoying NHL too.

Seen Brunner for years. I'm not a fan of EV Zug (his former team), and as such, not too desolate about seeing him playing in the NHL now :eh:

I haven't noticed any Diva type play or attitude. Actually, he's holding up better than I thought he would. I saw all those Swiss highlights with he and Zetterberg and realized he's coming from a no-checking league, so I naturally worried how he'd adapt to the NHL contact, and I must say, he's doing ok.

You said that the play in Switzerland isn't that physical, and you're right, but nonetheless: Brunner has avoided contact, yet conflicts, even in the Swiss league. So in that sense, "developement" is a bit displaced, don't you think?

He never needed to get physical. I'm sure he's going to be told if he needs now. Same about his defense: It was always good enough. This season he's still ranked 8th in the Swiss league with +18. Furthermore I'm not sure if Doug Shedden is the best coach you can get in the NLA if you want to improve your defense skills, at least with the system he keeps running with Zug... Did work out for Diaz though, remarkably. I'm really wondering how that's going to develop, only time will tell.

I've played against Brunner about age 15-17, and I don't remember him because we was soooo good, but because of his face. He can't do anything about it, but he just looks like someone who you want to punch.

And telling by his nose, he got punched a lot hehe. No wonder you don't remember him for his skills, it's general knowledge that he's a late bloomer. There is a reason for why he's never been drafted. Apart from that I don't really think it a good idea calling someone a diva or, anything actually, just by lookin at their face. ;)

some players seem to agree with me as they've targeted Brunner as an arrogant pig

And I'd blame much and more of that on their jealousy.

You just gotta love those rushes as he did on that one goal today.

pros:

pretty good game

awesome to see bert come back and score 2

Z is still a beast. he holds the puck real well consistant

datsyuk has def stepped it up. he was invisible the last couple. beautiful passes and what a shot

brunner is the real deal. great shot man. love that hes not afraid to shoot. just got to work on some defense, use his time create space, dats got to teach him takeaways and to hold the puck. he needs to be more aggresive on the forecheck too. he could be a top sniper in the league in a couple years

kindl actually looked pretty solid 1 stupid penalty though

huskins looked real solid too

lot of hitting forechecking and block shots and passes.

Cons:

CLEARY what the f*** are you doing out there, you sure as s*** arent helping. 2 dumb ass penalties.

FRANZEN same ol same ol. had a nice screen but IMO this guy has to use his size and drive the net whenever he can

gave them way too much time on the PP

still sketchy on the PK but improved with helmer back

Good entertaining game. still have work to do but i did not expect this performance from the wings against the wild.

hope they bring it sunday

The power play finally looked like what it should be. If the pk can get decent this team will be just fine. Huskins played a lot because of the parade to the box. I thought our best defensemen all night was Smith. Plus 3 and an assist. Look for more!!

Guest The Axe

long layoff was good for Bert he looked 10 years younger out there

We will see how long that lasts.

Ill gladly eat my crow tonight as I didnt think the wings would pull it out and really didnt expect Bert to perform like he did. I hope the old man can keep it up. Lashoff comming out for the 5-3 right away shows just how well this kid is playing. Him and Huskins are the best two defenders right now. Didnt think I would say that. Dan Cleary is playing like a plug right now. You can guarantee the guy will either fall down or easily be knocked off the puck every shift. Then he throws in two dumb penalties. Guy needs to pick his game up ASAP or he needs to be sitting on the pine. Detroit has enough Cleary like players to replace him.