• Please log in to reply
849 replies to this topic

#521 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Cheering injuries is really pathetic. I don't care how bad you think a player is. He's a human being.

#522 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Gotta feed the Mule

Pine?

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#523 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Mick was saying earlier he originally asked to be called Brunner... but has now asked them to pronounce it Brewner...  I think... or maybe I got it reversed now. lol

haha i'll call him whatever he wants if he keeps putting the puck in the net lol, i just hate sounding like an unintelligent fan when talking about him so i'd like to know how he pronounces it haha

#524 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

on the fox detroit coverage they are saying he wants to be call "Brooner" now. and apparently Parise wants to be called "Par-easy". Noone gives a s*** about the latter.

Zach Parcheesi?  

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#525 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Honestly people, show some FCKNG RESPECT. Im embarrassed to be part of this LGW crew if you are going to cheer for injuries to our players. I dont care how bad they suck.

#526 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

The people pissing all over Cleary will be the same ones to sing his praises once he starts scoring important goals - get off the guys back.

#527 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

on the fox detroit coverage they are saying he wants to be call "Brooner" now. and apparently Parise wants to be called "Par-easy". Noone gives a s*** about the latter.

I always thought it would be Par-isi

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#528 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Cheering injuries is really pathetic. I don't care how bad you think a player is. He's a human being.

One way or another, Cleary needs to go.  I guess retirement is fine.  I won't sugar coat it, if****** hate Dan Cleary.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

#529 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

One way or another, Cleary needs to go.  I guess retirement is fine.  I won't sugar coat it, if****** hate Dan Cleary.

That's fine. Cheering for him to be injured is stupid. He has a wife and daughter. They are hockey players to us, but a lot more to other people.

#530 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Give me Suter 100 out of 100 times over Quincey, Suter is elite why can't people just be happy for him? He didn't owe the Wings anything Suter decided to play for the Wild so be it.

We aren't paying Quincey 100 million over 13 years...

I don't hate Suter, I just was never a fan of us going after him for the price he was going to fetch, I felt he benefited greatly playing with Weber, and with the Nashville system. Suter is good, but he's not 7.5 million good. And it's just kinda funny to me that the same people writing the Red Wings off so early this season, are the same people that wanted to go all out for Suter, and then refuse to acknowledge his slow start.

#531 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

He's expiring this year and I don't think Holland would re-sign him, esp. when Bert and Sammy are already under contract for next season.

bringit.jpg

#532 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Honestly people, show some FCKNG RESPECT. Im embarrassed to be part of this LGW crew if you are going to cheer for injuries to our players. I dont care how bad they suck.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

#533 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

This is fine. I hated Holmstrom. But I never wanted him to get injured.

#534 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hey Volunteer Energy - Drapes and Ozzy have been retired for over a season now, the ad was bad to begin with now it's just sad. Time to update guys.

#535 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

That's fine. Cheering for him to be injured is stupid. He has a wife and daughter. They are hockey players to us, but a lot more to other people.

I will no longer publicly cheer for Dan Cleary's injuries.  My bad dude.  Knee jerk reaction...  I hate seeing him in a Winged Wheel, but i guess that is overboard.

#536 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hey Volunteer Energy - Drapes and Ozzy have been retired for over a season now, the ad was bad to begin with now it's just sad. Time to update guys.

More Bernstein?

#537 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Cheering Cleary's injury is beyond poor taste. The guy, regardless of how badly he may have played at times, has been a friggin' warrior for the Wings playing through a heck of a lot.

I'm late to the party due to a late dinner engagement, but it's nice to see the PP clicking, Brunner, Hank, and Pavs lighting the lamp, and some of the injured coming back.

How bad have the penalties been? Good calls, iffy calls, ticky-tack calls, or complete bovine fecal material?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#538 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

More Bernstein?

I think we need more Pavel "i trus my eyes to doktor rahmani you shud too" Datsyuk  commercials.

#539 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I will no longer publicly cheer for Dan Cleary's injuries.  My bad dude.  Knee jerk reaction...  I hate seeing him in a Winged Wheel, but i guess that is overboard.

Cleary has been good for us over the years, but right now, what we're seeing from him, id rather not see.  Id rather see Nyquist at this point.  Add more youth... more energy.  It's what this team needs.  Just look at the impact a guy like Helm has when he steps on the ice.   It's not about hatred for a player to me... its about him being a stop gap at this point in his career for younger, talented players that need NHL ice time.

Cheering Cleary's injury is beyond poor taste. The guy, regardless of how badly he may have played at times, has been a friggin' warrior for the Wings playing through a heck of a lot.

I'm late to the party due to a late dinner engagement, but it's nice to see the PP clicking, Brunner, Hank, and Pavs lighting the lamp, and some of the injured coming back.

How bad have the penalties been? Good calls, iffy calls, ticky-tack calls, or complete bovine fecal material?

The penalties have been pretty weak IMO...

Posted Image

#540 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Suter already has 21:28 TOI.  They only dressed 5 d-men?  Good for us.