• Please log in to reply
849 replies to this topic

#761 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Oh come on, stop being so negative. Best team this decade at least.

how about ever?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#762 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Datsyuk had some sick assists tonight. Wow.

I think we'll be okay, guys. We're still looking for our post-Lidstrom identity, but I think we'll find it. We got a fourth line we're learning how to use. We'll file through our d-men and find our regulars and pairings. Maybe add another player to the mix later to complete the puzzle. Definitely feeling a little more comfortable now.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#763 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Huskins with 7 blocked shots tonight. 

Finally, a guy on this team who's actually been taught by other coaches on how to block shots.  

Babcock needs to instill this more in this team.  We're always around dead last in the NHL in blocked shots.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#764 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Without his contributions we wouldn't have won the game against columbus. HIs passes were just as important as hitting the net.

4 games, 1 assist while playing over 18 minutes. That's weak. Although I am glad he helped us beat the friggin Blue jackets in overtime. Guy needs to start working and finding the back of the net.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#765 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I have a much better feeling about playing Chicago now.

Me too i think we come out playing like this Sunday Hawks will have trouble

#766 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Good game tonight. I hope Babcock keeps the top 2 lines together, they really seemed to gel even with Franzen playing like a ghost. PP was good, Bert and Helm brought alot of energy like I was hoping they would. Lets get a streak going now, beat Chicago on Sunday.

#NOMOREKINDL

#767 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Lets not get too far ahead Blackhawks right now are different tier than the Wild (even with their two additions), so the defense will have to be better and our PP needs to be clicking in order to have a chance.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#768 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Get me a few games above .500 and I will start to relax.  There is zero pattern yet.  But, after tonight, there are absolutly zero excuses accepted.

I spelled absolutely wrong.  But it looks so stupid, I think I'll leave it that way.

Edited by Marty Barry, 25 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#769 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Datsyuk had some sick assists tonight. Wow.

"kind of a sloppy pass by datsyuk there, it was not a clean pass.." -minny announcers on pavel's sick feed to bert.  

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#770 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Its like LGW took a prozac....the sky isnt falling around here...cloudy yesterday, bright and sunny today.

on a serious note i didnt see the game....can you please give me an unbiased assesment of cleary. The gdt was flaming him to hell and I just want to
know how he honestly did?

#771 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Its like LGW took a prozac....the sky isnt falling around here...cloudy yesterday, bright and sunny today.

on a serious note i didnt see the game....can you please give me an unbiased assesment of cleary. The gdt was flaming him to hell and I just want to
know how he honestly did?

Cleary = You either like him or don't. No one's mind will be changed on this. That's as unbiased as I can get. :)

#772 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

well put, and I agree!
thanks

#773 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Lets not get too far ahead Blackhawks right now are different tier than the Wild (even with their two additions), so the defense will have to be better and our PP needs to be clicking in order to have a chance.

I agree even though i never heard the Word Differenttier lol Chi will be tough 

#774 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

"kind of a sloppy pass by datsyuk there, it was not a clean pass.." -minny announcers on pavel's sick feed to bert.  

You can't blame them for their ignorance.  I remember the Russian 5 driving the Detroit announcers crazy with saucer passes and passes in front of Vernon until they got used to it.  Minny just hasn't had that yet so they don't see the brilliance that we do.

#775 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Good game tonight. Offense came to play finally

Having Helm back makes a big difference

But I am tired of the special teams fest. Over half the game spent with players in the box. Its beyond stupid at this point and not fun to watch

#776 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Suter and Parise don't look worth all the money if you ask me. Now granted they had Harding in net, and Parise had a gift goal off of Zetterberg, I still think they were over payed. Not saying they aren't good players but they should have beat a Wings team trying to find their defensive identity. But they didnt, so hopefully this will shut people up about Kenny not signing them. Hopefully this is the start of a confident Wings team. If we can beat Chicago on Sunday then I think we could go on a little points roll, maybe not  2 points every night but atleast 1 point a night streak.

Edited by Jericho613, 25 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#777 Wings02

Wings02

Thank you dad for not making me a Leafs fan

• 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm new to posting but I figured since I'm always on here why not... Does anyone else get the vibe off Brunner that he's really grateful to be living the dream, he looks pumped and he plays with passion every shift. I really think more wings players need half his enthusiasm. Love what Brunner brings to the team, and that shot...wow

#778 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

bert and helm were sorely missed! huge impact on physicality and presence for bert, and pk and hits for helm

“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#779 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm new to posting but I figured since I'm always on here why not... Does anyone else get the vibe off Brunner that he's really grateful to be living the dream, he looks pumped and he plays with passion every shift. I really think more wings players need half his enthusiasm. Love what Brunner brings to the team, and that shot...wow

Whatever happens, DO NOT let the Mule become Brunner's mentor on the team.

#780 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Parise was very very good, he was worth every bit of the money in my mind.

Suter has been terrible. Then again it's early, and he's not playing with a perennial Norris candidate, in a Barry Trotz system, with Rinne in net, so he's not going to look as good as he did in Nashville.