Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

pros:

pretty good game

awesome to see bert come back and score 2

Z is still a beast. he holds the puck real well consistant

datsyuk has def stepped it up. he was invisible the last couple. beautiful passes and what a shot

brunner is the real deal. great shot  man. love that hes not afraid to shoot. just got to work on some defense, use his time create space, dats got to teach him takeaways and to hold the puck. he needs to be more aggresive on the forecheck too. he could be a top sniper in the league in a couple years

kindl actually looked pretty solid 1 stupid penalty though

huskins looked real solid too

lot of hitting forechecking and block shots and passes.

Cons:

CLEARY what the f*** are you doing out there, you sure as s*** arent helping. 2 dumb ass penalties.

FRANZEN same ol same ol. had a nice screen but IMO this guy has to use his size and drive the net whenever he can

gave them way too much time on the PP

still sketchy on the PK but improved with helmer back

Good entertaining game. still have work to do but i did not expect this performance from the wings against the wild.

hope they bring it sunday

#822 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

long layoff was good for Bert he looked 10 years younger out there

#823 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

The power play finally looked like what it should be. If the pk can get decent this team will be just fine. Huskins played a lot because of the parade to the box. I thought our best defensemen all night was Smith. Plus 3 and an assist. Look for more!!
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#824 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

long layoff was good for Bert he looked 10 years younger out there

We will see how long that lasts.

#825 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Ill gladly eat my crow tonight as I didnt think the wings would pull it out and really didnt expect Bert to perform like he did. I hope the old man can keep it up. Lashoff comming out for the 5-3 right away shows just how well this kid is playing. Him and Huskins are the best two defenders right now. Didnt think I would say that. Dan Cleary is playing like a plug right now. You can guarantee the guy will either fall down or easily be knocked off the puck every shift. Then he throws in two dumb penalties. Guy needs to pick his game up ASAP or he needs to be sitting on the pine. Detroit has enough Cleary like players to replace him. 

#826 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hopefully Bert keeps this up. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#827 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Nice to come home to a solid Wings win.  Just saw highlights, wicked backhand pass by #13.  It looked like Bert wanted to give Datz a kiss after his 2nd goal!

#828 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Nice to come home to a solid Wings win.  Just saw highlights, wicked backhand pass by #13.  It looked like Bert wanted to give Datz a kiss after his 2nd goal!

Wouldn't you? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#829 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

the amazing part about that saucer pass is that it hit the ice right before reaching bert's stick

#830 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Brunner can now have any nickname he wants

Gunner

My wish: A healthy roster

#831 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Barnbrunner.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#832 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Filppulas secondary assist on Bert's second goal was one smooth, high skilled, pass.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#833 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

It was, 2 amazing assists from Datsyuk as well.  As others have said, the return of Bert and Helm gives our forward lines a lot more balance.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#834 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Most of all, we played with tenacity. That's what won us the game. Perhaps it was the better rest, or the pep talks, the return of helm/bert, or a combination of those, who knows - I do know we need to show up like that every night. It's clear we have the skill, just got to match it with effort.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#835 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Ya,.WTF! I work a 17 hour shift and they play like that! I like it, but honestly, now that we know that they can play this good, will they show up every game from now on? This team concerns me, but from the highlights, maybe they are getting better....at least for one game....baby steps.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#836 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I DVR'd the game and will watch this afternoon. It would make my day to see someone holding up a sign that refers to the Olsen Twins or even Gunner....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#837 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Is it me, or are 5-on-3s the league's new weapon of choice in the war against low-scoring games?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#838 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Is it me, or are 5-on-3s the league's new weapon of choice in the war against low-scoring games?

Thought exactly the same, although the game was good the refs really ruined the flow with their constant whistles for both.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#839 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Power play festival

#840 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Unless it's the Wings that have the 5 on 3 it seems.