• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Nail Yakupov Goal Celebration.

Rate this topic

Personally I don't like to see it, having growth up in a city where stars like Steve Yzerman, Barry Sanders, Lidstrom, etc. would score and go about their business. However, at the end of the day I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm sort of in the "if you don't like it don't do it" camp. Also, I'd never teach kids to do this either. But good on him for getting excited and having a hell of a beginning to his career.

Edit: Additionally, I have a feeling he'll pay for that one the next time he plays the Kings.

Edited by kipwinger

I thought it was a bit much (what if they lost the game 30 seconds later in OT)? I don't have any problem with it though. I wouldn't come out and suggest it, but if someone is asking?...yeah, I thought it was just a bit much.

What was most impressive, though, is how far he was able to slide across the ice before coming to a stop...he seemed to just keep going.

as a one off its not really too overboard. but its teetering towards the outlandish, for me anyway.

the Erlers had one called back just before Yakupov scored. and its a late tying goal i get that.…but the game wasn't over eh. you just evened the tally, pretend like you've scored before and intend on scoring again.

all im saying is he shouldn't make a habit out of motoring past his teammates to celebrate like that.

Guest RedWingsDad

The only thing I didn't like was that he ignored his teammates, leaving them in the dust to put the glory on himself. Bad form.

He plays with heart and energy, it is good to see him rejuvenating the oilers, especially since they have so much young talent that seems to do so little, and he will be the next captain if he keeps energizing the team like that. As long as he doesn't constantly showboat like that (he is very young still, and in the very wise words of yoda "much to learn you still have, my young padawan") I don't see a problem with that, it was his second career goal and it tied up the game with 4.6 seconds left against the reigning stanley cup champs. Can't get much better than that for the kid.

What I am upset about though is that he doesn't play for us, he has made his displeasure for canadian players abundantly clear, so he should come to detroit :P

We're always complaining the NHL is too boring. Stuff like this sexes it up, adds some drama, flair, theatricality.

Do I want to see him do this after every goal he scores? No. But I don't see how that's an issue. Or is this already a common thing with him??? (Haven't really been following him or the team very closely.)

What was most impressive, though, is how far he was able to slide across the ice before coming to a stop...he seemed to just keep going.

Almost like his knees were...oiled....

We're always complaining the NHL is too boring. Stuff like this sexes it up, adds some drama, flair, theatricality.

Do I want to see him do this after every goal he scores? No. But I don't see how that's an issue. Or is this already a common thing with him??? (Haven't really been following him or the team very closely.)

Almost like his knees were...oiled....

I wonder if he has someone in his employ to do it for him? perhaps an oiler..?

Oh come on CB, lighten up. I even watched the goal celebration on NHL.com, so we know even those stiffs have no problem with it :lol:

Plus, this came only a couple minutes after a tying goal was waved off. Nice to see Quick and the boys eat some humble pie.

Oh come on CB, lighten up. I even watched the goal celebration on NHL.com, so we know even those stiffs have no problem with it :lol:

Plus, this came only a couple minutes after a tying goal was waved off. Nice to see Quick and the boys eat some humble pie.

You realize that is a picture of Theo Fleury, the first one to do that slide across the ice after scoring right?

Guest The Axe

I remember Tatar acted like a moron on his first goal. Yakupov will score a lot more so im willing to let a little unnecessary excessiveness go on his first few.

theo.jpg

He did what???

On purpose irony I assume? I admit that I thought of the Fleury celbration where he went from one end of the ice to the other, sliding most of the way and flipping over. At least his was an OT playoff winner though. Calgary then lost the series in the next game.

I remember Tatar acted like a moron on his first goal. Yakupov will score a lot more so im willing to let a little unnecessary excessiveness go on his first few.

He was pulling the logo up on his jersey, proud to be doing that for the Wings....

How does Nail scoring more mean he gets to be more excessive? Wouldn't it be the other way around if Tatar isn't going to score as much?