• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Nail Yakupov Goal Celebration.

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

He was pulling the logo up on his jersey, proud to be doing that for the Wings....

How does Nail scoring more mean he gets to be more excessive? Wouldn't it be the other way around if Tatar isn't going to score as much?

No. If you can walk the walk, then talk the talk if you wish. Tatar is a minor leaguer.

Personally I don't like to see it, having growth up in a city where stars like Steve Yzerman, Barry Sanders, Lidstrom, etc. would score and go about their business. However, at the end of the day I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm sort of in the "if you don't like it don't do it" camp. Also, I'd never teach kids to do this either. But good on him for getting excited and having a hell of a beginning to his career.

Edit: Additionally, I have a feeling he'll pay for that one the next time he plays the Kings.

I guess Stevie didnt celebrate on his doublt ot goal in St Louis?? Whether someone celebrates or is low key its all the same. The line is when your taunting your opponents and he didnt cross it. Its ok in the sport to punch people in the face but not celebrate a goal? I loved the reaction and personally would love to see it more in the league. As long as your not running around pointing your stick at opponents its great.

It was quite the skillful goal as well.

Edited by GoalieManPat

I have ZERO problem with it.

It was an emotional game (having a game tying goal called back with 1 minute to go).

He was excited. Its as simple as that.

I think it was great

I play hockey, and even though I am in goal, I get excited when my teammates can tie it up before regulation either that or score a game winner. Hockey is an emotional sport if you play it right. Yakupov is young and it was probably one of the biggest goals he has scored and the home crowd was going crazy. I have zero problem with a goal celebration like that.

I guess Stevie didnt celebrate on his doublt ot goal in St Louis?? Whether someone celebrates or is low key its all the same. The line is when your taunting your opponents and he didnt cross it. Its ok in the sport to punch people in the face but not celebrate a goal? I loved the reaction and personally would love to see it more in the league. As long as your not running around pointing your stick at opponents its great.

It was quite the skillful goal as well.

You got me there. Those two goals in those two situations were exactly the same. Yzerman was all the time sliding across the ice on his knees and blowing past his linemates. Good call. Yzerman = Showboat.

No. If you can walk the walk, then talk the talk if you wish. Tatar is a minor leaguer.

You're not making any sense. You said Tatar acted like a moron his first goal and then justified that by saying it's okay for Yakupov to do that because he is going to score more goals......so what you are saying is only 'good' players are allowed to celebrate?

You can bet your ass if I am 'not going to score that much', when I did score, I'd be pretty stoked.

I don't really like yakupov because of his selfish play in the world juniors. If he proves himself to be unselfish in the NHL I may change my mind about him.

This celebration I have no problem with though because it was a really exciting moment and the fans were all jacked up. Plus its only the second goal he's ever scored.

Edited by wingsfan4795

Why are we even talking about this? Some of them good old unwritten rules in hockey are a bit, eh... like something that grandpa would say when his back is hurting again and he's bitter because he doesn't understand the world that's driven past him and left him behind.

It was a very exciting game. Did the rookie take his goal celebration a bit too far? Probably. But he is young and playing in the best league in the world that he has worked his ass off to get too. If it stops now then no biggie. if he does it again Smitty will set him straight. Edmonton is a very exciting team to watch.

Guest The Axe

You're not making any sense. You said Tatar acted like a moron his first goal and then justified that by saying it's okay for Yakupov to do that because he is going to score more goals......so what you are saying is only 'good' players are allowed to celebrate?

You can bet your ass if I am 'not going to score that much', when I did score, I'd be pretty stoked.

And you would be as useless as Tatar.

Pretty much every goal in soccer is celebrated this way. Those guys also manage to slide surprisingly far on grass before bunch of teammates piles over the goalscorer.

I do not have a problem with Yakupov's celebration. After all it was a game-tying goal in less than 5 seconds left.

Oliers fans in the stands did not seem to have a problem with that.

I don't like his attitude and soon the over the top celebrations are going to piss of some people or his own teammates. Watched some other videos from him and it looks like he is doing this over the top stuff everytime he scores.

If it just sometimes or after a big goal, I would be fine but I think he has to tune it down.

It is certainly over the top, so was his first one though. I kinda dig it to be honest, one dude on your team that celebrates like he scored a touchdown....Though does anyone have the video of Sergie skating by Primeau after scoring once?? I felt bad for Keith, Feds just completely shunned him.