• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Pretty much every goal in soccer is celebrated this way. Those guys also manage to slide surprisingly far on grass before bunch of teammates piles over the goalscorer.

I do not have a problem with Yakupov's celebration. After all it was a game-tying goal in less than 5 seconds left.

Oliers fans in the stands did not seem to have a problem with that.

#42 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I really don't like it. I saw it live and thought for sure the Kings were going to go after him in OT. I understand that's a major goal but there's a code that you act by.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

#firstworldproblems tbh

bringit.jpg

#44 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I don't like his attitude and soon the over the top celebrations are going to piss of some people or his own teammates. Watched some other videos from him and it looks like he is doing this over the top stuff everytime he scores.

If it just sometimes or after a big goal, I would be fine but I think he has to tune it down.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#45 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Loved it

#46 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

It's Edmonton. They eat this crap up. No big deal.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#47 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,611 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Fleury-eque. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#48 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'm fine with it. Europeans enjoy showing emotion, nothing wrong with that. You don't have to be a robot when you play. Now if he did this when his team was down by a lot, then yes, it would be over the top.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#49 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

It is certainly over the top, so was his first one though.  I kinda dig it to be honest, one dude on your team that celebrates like he scored a touchdown....Though does anyone have the video of Sergie skating by Primeau after scoring once??  I felt bad for Keith, Feds just completely shunned him.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#50 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

25962_401739729917982_1697696924_n.jpg

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

There isn't enough mustard in the world...

Ohhh, if this had have been done against Detroit; a different tune might be heard.

Good thing there's now two segments of Coaches Corner.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#52 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

There isn't enough mustard in the world...

Ohhh, if this had have been done against Detroit; a different tune might be heard.

Good thing there's now two segments of Coaches Corner.

No he does it to the Champs?!  It kind of reminds me of Pat Kane when "he" wins the cup and skates a marathon before starting to celebrate alone for a while.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#53 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

How can anyone have a problem with this? The guy plays with energy and excitement and was ecstatic he scored to tied the game they would have lost with 4 seconds left. From a Wings perspective, when was the last time we saw a guy this happy he scored? Maybe if Franzen was this excited every time he scored i would respect him more lol. In all seriousness though, it was a big goal that required some skill with practically no time left. I'd be more upset if he brushed it off as no big deal and went straight to the bench. 

#54 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

How can anyone have a problem with this? The guy plays with energy and excitement and was ecstatic he scored to tied the game they would have lost with 4 seconds left. From a Wings perspective, when was the last time we saw a guy this happy he scored? Maybe if Franzen was this excited every time he scored i would respect him more lol. In all seriousness though, it was a big goal that required some skill with practically no time left. I'd be more upset if he brushed it off as no big deal and went straight to the bench. 

My problem:

This is a TEAM game and he completely ignored his other teammates yet skated as far away as possible from them, just to do an over the top "slide". I have no problem with guys having fun outthere and enjoying their time on the ice but one should never forget, that this is a teamgame not a one man show. The Kings players already commented on that and they aren't happy to say at least.

There is an unwritten code to not taunt the either team when you score and I think all over the top celebrations can do that. Kane scored the Stanley Cup winning goal of course all bets were off thats something I can understand more easily, but if you are a new guy you should obey the code even more if you don't want to have a target on your back. I can think of better ways to start an NHL career instead of having the whole Kings roster and especially Westgarth or Stoll pissed at me.

This is nothing against Yakupov amazing talent and hopefully he will learn how to celebrate.

kftx.jpg

#55 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Some of you guys must be fun at parties.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#56 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

My problem:

This is a TEAM game and he completely ignored his other teammates yet skated as far away as possible from them, just to do an over the top "slide". I have no problem with guys having fun outthere and enjoying their time on the ice but one should never forget, that this is a teamgame not a one man show. The Kings players already commented on that and they aren't happy to say at least.

There is an unwritten code to not taunt the either team when you score and I think all over the top celebrations can do that. Kane scored the Stanley Cup winning goal of course all bets were off thats something I can understand more easily, but if you are a new guy you should obey the code even more if you don't want to have a target on your back. I can think of better ways to start an NHL career instead of having the whole Kings roster and especially Westgarth or Stoll pissed at me.

This is nothing against Yakupov amazing talent and hopefully he will learn how to celebrate.

A code???  There's a code out there??  Sheesh they are professionals for crying out loud not a bunch of youth players.  He didn't taunt anyone he celebrated a goal.

#57 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

A code???  There's a code out there??  Sheesh they are professionals for crying out loud not a bunch of youth players.  He didn't taunt anyone he celebrated a goal.

Well the Kings are viewing it 180 degree different. So the next time they'll meet it will be fun for sure.

kftx.jpg

#58 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

It was bush league. Everyone knows it. He will have to answer for it sooner or later.

#59 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Some of you guys must be fun at parties.

#60 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

my buddy did it last night at our hockey game

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?