• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Nail Yakupov Goal Celebration.

Rate this topic

Loved it. The 18 yo kid is playing in a market that is starved for excitement, he scored a big goal vs. the Stanley Cup champs after the refs f*cked them all game. Nothing wrong with it at all. The fans went NUTS when they saw it.

It was raw emotion, it wasn't a preconceived dolphin dive or a toss of the glove in the air while shooting it ala Selanne. If everyone acted like Datsyuk (he is 35 btw) after scoring a goal, this would be the most boring league in the world. Silly comparison.

Loved it. The 18 yo kid is playing in a market that is starved for excitement, he scored a big goal vs. the Stanley Cup champs after the refs f*cked them all game. Nothing wrong with it at all. The fans went NUTS when they saw it.

It was raw emotion, it wasn't a preconceived dolphin dive or a toss of the glove in the air while shooting it ala Selanne. If everyone acted like Datsyuk (he is 35 btw) after scoring a goal, this would be the most boring league in the world. Silly comparison.

Here I thought it was key goals, hits, and saves that made the game exciting, not the obnoxious celebrations afterward. Maybe that's why the world goes so nuts for European soccer, lots of showmanship over there.

Datsyuk's been lighting the lap here in Detroit since 2002, with no dancing afterward. Has it seemed boring to you?

Guest The Axe

Here I thought it was key goals, hits, and saves that made the game exciting, not the obnoxious celebrations afterward. Maybe that's why the world goes so nuts for European soccer, lots of showmanship over there.

Datsyuk's been lighting the lap here in Detroit since 2002, with no dancing afterward. Has it seemed boring to you?

Exactly. That goal he scored the other night to tie it in Columbus- he knew it was all Kronwall so he just smirked at his tap in and patted Krons on the head. Yskupov would have gone for a broomstick ride.

Your response didn't address or refute anything i said in my post. Tying the game with 5 seconds left is not considered a key goal? And no, Datsyuk as an individual doesn't bore me, I said if everyone in the league acted like that, it would be boring. The NHL needs guys like Ovechkin, Selanne, and Yak. Variety is good, and people are getting poopy about this for no legit. reason.

As for Don Cherry's response to the goal. Its Don Cherry for gods sake.

Here is Theo Fleury's tweet after he heard what Grapes said.

Theo Fleury

@TheoFleury14

I do remember Don shaking my hand

after scoring that goal in Edm and him congratulating me. Did an

interview with Ron right after the goal.

Don Cherry is a patriotic f*head. If it was Nugent Hopkins or Eberle doing the celebration he wouldn't have a god damn problem with it. He's and Hughson are the reasons I don't tune in to CBC Hockey.

I feel the same way about Cherry. And he said some pretty harsh things about Nail before the WJCs this year. BUT, in fairness to The Don, he showed both Yakupov's goal vs The Kinngs and Fleury's goal back in the early 90s against the Oilers in the playoffs which was carbon copy material. He basically called them both idiots and went on to explain that Messier and the Oilers used Fleury's antics as motivation to win the series. Or something like that. Anyway, my point is, Cherry was quick to come down on Fleury, who back in the day was about as "Canadian" as you could get Edited by rick zombo

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't like it. I like watching guys like Datsyuk calmly skate away from an incredible goal like "yea, I can do that, no biggy"

I don't mind little celebrations by players either but keeping it small and then skating over to celebrate with the team is the best way I think.

Guest The Axe

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't like it. I like watching guys like Datsyuk calmly skate away from an incredible goal like "yea, I can do that, no biggy"

I don't mind little celebrations by players either but keeping it small and then skating over to celebrate with the team is the best way I think.

QTF

He's an 18 year old kid that's already a fan favorite in a city with a lot of up and coming stars...how do you not get excited? It wasn't a series clinching goal like Stevie Y's against the Blues (one of the best goals ever), but hey...AT LEAST HE DIDN'T DANCE AROUND HIS STICK!!! OMG, my stick is like so on fire.

I loved the old Fleury celebration. I think celebrations can be funny and entertaining for the fans. What if Datsyuk dangled all over someone, scored a nasty goal and on the follow though on the shot ended up riding his stick? I'd lol. None too different from every 2nd player going down and swinging their arm up from the ice or jumping into the glass, just those ones are more creative and funny.

He's an 18 year old kid that's already a fan favorite in a city with a lot of up and coming stars...how do you not get excited? It wasn't a series clinching goal like Stevie Y's against the Blues (one of the best goals ever), but hey...AT LEAST HE DIDN'T DANCE AROUND HIS STICK!!! OMG, my stick is like so on fire. I loved the old Fleury celebration. I think celebrations can be funny and entertaining for the fans. What if Datsyuk dangled all over someone, scored a nasty goal and on the follow though on the shot ended up riding his stick? I'd lol. None too different from every 2nd player going down and swinging their arm up from the ice or jumping into the glass, just those ones are more creative and funny.

Not to mention that he's been quoted numerous times about how he's been DYING to play in the NHL. The lockout killed him, he just wanted to play NHL hockey. You can't blame him, he finally makes the big show and everyone is pissed because he finally made his dream, scored a HUGE goal for edm, and cellied like it was cool? Some of you need to chill out. If you were some 18 year old, who just made the big show, and scored a goal with seconds remaining to tie the game, you'd be going ape s*** too. Stop being so stupid. I do find it mad funny how he just full out sprints past everyone. Look at that emotion with his face in the ice, my god, the kid just loves it. I'd be happy to see some emotion out of our players, but no don't worry, if we showed emotion LGW would s*** bricks and complain about it. This place is so retarded at times.

Guest The Axe

I like Yakupov. That slide was dumb though. Hes gonna get nuked if he does stupid stuff like that.

Not to mention that he's been quoted numerous times about how he's been DYING to play in the NHL. The lockout killed him, he just wanted to play NHL hockey. You can't blame him, he finally makes the big show and everyone is pissed because he finally made his dream, scored a HUGE goal for edm, and cellied like it was cool? Some of you need to chill out. If you were some 18 year old, who just made the big show, and scored a goal with seconds remaining to tie the game, you'd be going ape s*** too. Stop being so stupid. I do find it mad funny how he just full out sprints past everyone. Look at that emotion with his face in the ice, my god, the kid just loves it. I'd be happy to see some emotion out of our players, but no don't worry, if we showed emotion LGW would s*** bricks and complain about it. This place is so retarded at times.

I agree with this 100%.

Agreed as often as possible, I absolutely hate the way soccer or football players are celebrating after scoring a goal or touchdown. It is disgusting, selfish, scripted and way over the top. Would I be happy as an 18 year old to score such an important goal? You bet but I would want to have my teammates infront of me and not skating away from them, this is a teamsport there is no I or me in team.

I love the way most hockeyplayers are celebrating a goal, jumping into the glass or high fiving with other teammates thats the way it should be done. Datsyuk has magic hands he can do things, nobody (not even Crosby) can do and yet he always celebrates in a calm manner without offending the opposing team, if a guy with such magic hands can do it everyone should be able to celebrate wight way.

Edited by frankgrimes

Agreed as often as possible, I absolutely hate the way soccer or football players are celebrating after scoring a goal or touchdown. It is disgusting, selfish, scripted and way over the top. Would I be happy as an 18 year old to score such an important goal? You bet but I would want to have my teammates infront of me and not skating away from them, this is a teamsport there is no I or me in team.

I love the way most hockeyplayers are celebrating a goal, jumping into the glass or high fiving with other teammates thats the way it should be done. Datsyuk has magic hands he can do things, nobody (not even Crosby) can do and yet he always celebrates in a calm manner without offending the opposing team, if a guy with such magic hands can do it everyone should be able to celebrate wight way.

Team - ta = em, switch that up and you have me :w00t:

This.

He's at home and he tied the game up with 4 seconds left.

So what if he showed the crowd a little excitement.

I don't think it's a big deal.

But The Code, man! The Code!!!

Guest The Axe

Yakupovsby will not play Pitts this year. Id be surprised if Bettman doesnt set up a special engagement.