• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#101 IDLE19

IDLE19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I thought it was over the top because it wasn't the game-winning goal and he avoided celebrating with his teammates

This.

#102 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yah, his teammates were all looking at him like WTF?

#103 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Good thing there's 5 pages of this garbage. 

Thank you. 

I know the Wings are sucking it up, folks, but there are more interesting things around the league to talk about. 

#104 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thank you. 

I know the Wings are sucking it up, folks, but there are more interesting things around the league to talk about. 

Agreed. 

Like why didn't Hansen get even a penalty for this?  No penalty, no discipline by the league for shoving a ref??

Burrows and Clowe got penalties on the play.

(I know it's totally off topic but I think we've beat the goal celebration thing to death)

#105 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Agreed. 

Like why didn't Hansen get even a penalty for this?  No penalty, no discipline by the league for shoving a ref??

Burrows and Clowe got penalties on the play.

(I know it's totally off topic but I think we've beat the goal celebration thing to death)

Also... why did the announcers not mention that fact after they got 5 different looks at it? You know Ken and Mick would have said something.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#106 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Meh, the celebration doesn't bother me...at least is was a celebration of pure exitement, not someone like this:

although I get the "hot stick" referrence, it's a bit more over the top than Nail's....

Speaking of Oilers....not too bad so far this season and Justin Schultz has 5 points...that's only 2 points less than or entire D corps...it's early, but I think he will be a star and Edmonton will NOT get the #1 again...or 10.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#107 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

So....how about what just happened in Pheonix?  Nail got the OT winner, he batted it in again...Morris was going after him but threw blows at Whitney instead.  He didn't have a crazy celebration, I didn't think, it was Doan-esque actually.  I don't know, I am kind of starting to get that selfish vibe from him though.  He's basking in this light.  You could even tell his teammates didn't want to join in on it, Hall looked reluctant.

Edited by rrasco, 31 January 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#108 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Morris wasn't a happy camper thats for sure. I thought it was funny.

#109 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

So....how about what just happened in Pheonix?  Nail got the OT winner, he batted it in again...Morris was going after him but threw blows at Whitney instead.  He didn't have a crazy celebration, I didn't think, it was Doan-esque actually.  I don't know, I am kind of starting to get that selfish vibe from him though.  He's basking in this light.  You could even tell his teammates didn't want to join in on it, Hall looked reluctant.

Yakupovsby will be concussion plagued soon due to his antics. Datsyuk doesnt get run cuz he doesnt showboat. He makes plenty of people look bad with his skill, but not with antics.

#110 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

So players on opposing teams do not like when Yakupov scores on them and celebrates. Well, this is too bad. Pleasing Phoenix Coyotes is really not his job. The kid is 18. I think it will be rather sad if all the negative attention would make him to follow the "code". I hope he is strong enough to ignore all of it and do as he feels like.

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan, 31 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#111 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

All Yakupov did was put his arms in the air and wait for his teammates. Morris should get suspended and a good beat down from an Oiler goon the next time they play if he actually threw those punches at Whitney because of the goal and not because of something that transpired before it. Whitney obviously didn't want anything to do with a fight.

#112 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Yakupovsby will be concussion plagued soon due to his antics. Datsyuk doesnt get run cuz he doesnt showboat. He makes plenty of people look bad with his skill, but not with antics.

I'm surprised Ovechkin hasn't gotten Crosbied by some other team for his celebrations.

bringit.jpg

#113 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

No celebration this time, and this goal was even bigger than the last one.  Wonder if he got a talking to from the coaches after the last one?  Good on him for celebrating with his teammates this time around, and what a start to this kid's career eh?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#114 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Maybe he's learned that his "silly celly" made him look like a fool.

Prediction: he won't end his career as an Oiler. I'll guess KHL-lifer.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#115 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Wow. Can't believe some people are hating on a 19 year old kid who scored his first ever NHL goal. Let us all collectively kill his enthusiasm and turn him into a robot.

#116 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

All Yakupov did was put his arms in the air and wait for his teammates. Morris should get suspended and a good beat down from an Oiler goon the next time they play if he actually threw those punches at Whitney because of the goal and not because of something that transpired before it. Whitney obviously didn't want anything to do with a fight.

Yeah, I don't understand what the scuffle was about. I mean, outside of the fact that Derek Morris is an *******.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#117 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I'm surprised Ovechkin hasn't gotten Crosbied by some other team for his celebrations.

Difference is Ovechkin is an animal. Nobody wants a piece of him.

#118 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

No celebration this time, and this goal was even bigger than the last one.  Wonder if he got a talking to from the coaches after the last one?  Good on him for celebrating with his teammates this time around, and what a start to this kid's career eh?

Well the guy is an amazing talent and I really liked his "new celebration" waiting for his teammates to come in and celebrate with them. Looks like he learned his lesson.

Morris is just an idiot, same baby like Smith can't stand both of them.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#119 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Wow. Can't believe some people are hating on a 19 year old kid who scored his first ever NHL goal. Let us all collectively kill his enthusiasm and turn him into a robot.

The goal in question in this thread was not his first goal.  So that's no excuse.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#120 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

There is a difference between enthusiasm (see: Shane Doan when he scores a goal) and over the top enthusiasm - as this celebration was. Granted, first NHL goal, special occasion, I understand... he gets a pass. I just don't want to see that kind of crap all the time in the NHL, like some other sports. I can't stand the show boating in the NBA and NFL, and I certainly don't want it in the NHL.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 31 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.