• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

My wife and I recently moved to the Dallas area and curious if there are any Red Wings bars. I was hoping to find a place to catch the Wings Hawks game tomorrow night.

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hey, sorry no one is answering you.  I am a Wings fan in Austin, rather than Dallas.  My experience in Austin is that NO bar will show a Wings game, ever, since there's always football or bull riding or deer skinning to show instead, of more interest to all and sundry.  I've yet to get a game together in Austin with other fans in a bar over the past decade or so.

There are a lot of Wings fans in Dallas area, quite a few frequent this forum so maybe they will answer you.  I don't come to Dallas for games unless I pay too much for tickets to AA for an in-person game vs. the Wings. 

Maybe Jedi (moderator) will know of some places around you.  PM him, perhaps?  Hully and Mo's is a cool bar, but given that it belongs to two former Stars players, I suspect the crowd would be rather hostile to the idea of showing a Wings game there.  :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#3 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I knew there were a lot of fans in the dallas area and that's mostly why I posted in the general discussion forum before it was moved. It seems like these side forums generate very little response but oh well. Thanks again.

#4 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Brett Hull and Mike Modano used to own a sports bar & grill called Hully & Mo, but sadly it closed.

Your best bet for future games will likely be a place like Buffalo Wild Wings.  I've seen many hockey games at the BWW in Arlington near Cowboys Stadium (A.K.A. The Death Star), so I'd imagine you'll be able to watch at any of them in the area.

Sorry for the late response!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I didn't know it closed?  It was nice, I went over there when it first opened...  last time I was there, my friend and I thought we were in the right neighborhood, but couldn't find Hully and Mo's... I guess I know why now!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#6 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I didn't know it closed?  It was nice, I went over there when it first opened...  last time I was there, my friend and I thought we were in the right neighborhood, but couldn't find Hully and Mo's... I guess I know why now!

Apparently, it happened about a year ago.  Reviews on Yelp in March 2012 say it closed "several weeks ago", so I'd imagine probably right around the New Year '12.

Never got a chance to go myself.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Not in the area, but I make my way up there for every Wings game I can afford to attend or get off of work.  I'll be there in April for sure.

puckloo, tickets to stars' games are not too bad.  You can get a lower bowl seat for $70.  Pretty good, relatively speaking.  One year I even got row 16 seats for $35/ea with a coupon.  They don't let me use that one anymore though.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users