• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WpgMikos

Ken Holland on TSN 1290

Rate this topic

Ken-Holland-300x185.jpg

We just had Wings GM on the IC Hockey Show on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg.

He spoke about: The increase in scoring coming out of this seasons lockout. The similarities of the retirements of Yzerman and Lidstrom and how they effected the team. How the recently retired Tomas Holmstrom was such an effective player. Taking the time to fully develop a player. The evolution of Mike Babcock as a coach. Lengthening overtime. Playing games outside of their own time zone.

To listen click here.

Wish I could have heard the interview with Holland. Let's hope we have as much luck in the post-Lidstrom era as we did post-Username (conference finals, then two straight finals appearances).

I think this picture of him is quiete telling, the guy isn't the confidence in person - can't blame him.

Edited by frankgrimes

I think this picture of him is quiete telling, the guy isn't the confidence in person - can't blame him.

I think we're going to start seeing fans jump off the Wings bandwagon this season and jump on the Blackhawks. I don't mind, we'll see who the true fans are.

I'm going no where, I've been a fan since 1989, and a Tigers fan since 1983.

I think we're going to start seeing fans jump off the Wings bandwagon this season and jump on the Blackhawks. I don't mind, we'll see who the true fans are.

Just curious why you'd think that? The Blackhawks are 1 player going down from being the same type of team we are. (off topic) I think a lot of people are putting way to much stock into how the season is starting. It's no surprise that teams with little turn over have had less problems, as well as players who were in AHL. Like every year people rush to these conclusions (Edm SC bound) (Wings finally out) (Crosby staying healthy) but by the end all things start to go back to the norm.

:rolleyes:

Right, because most Wings fans who are unhappy are actually future Blackhawks fans.

Guest The Axe

:rolleyes:

Right, because most Wings fans who are unhappy are actually future Blackhawks fans.

Dont you know who you can criticize and who you cant? ;-)

Even if this team is going to finish last it wont change a thing for me. I will be frustrated pissed for sure but one time a Wings fan always a Wingsfan through good and especially through bad times (even more)!

Some smart drafting, good UFA signings and Smith Brunner Nyquist turning out at least good should put this team into a Stanley Cup contender mode in 3 years again.

Sent from my BlackBerry

I'm assuming Barrie's referring to genuine bandwagon fans.

A bandwagoner is someone who only watches the team and supports them when things are going well.

When things aren't going well, that bandwagoner doesn't watch the team and doesn't care about how they're doing. That's NOT the same thing as rooting for another team, especially the Blackhawks.

There are no such fans out there. When will people around the internet learn what the definition of "bandwagon fan" truly is?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Holland isn't going anywhere. He could however "retire" as GM. In fact I am surprised he didn't when nicky retired. Holland will stay on as Pres and let Nill or whoever run the day to day stuff and make all the big decisions. Kind a like Jimmy D did.

Holland isn't going anywhere. He could however "retire" as GM. In fact I am surprised he didn't when nicky retired. Holland will stay on as Pres and let Nill or whoever run the day to day stuff and make all the big decisions. Kind a like Jimmy D did.

Why should he, sure he has made a few mistakes during the past year(s) but I am pretty sure, he wants to rebuild this team into a contender again. Even if not, the guy has accomplished so much for this franchise, so if he wants to retire or sign with another organization (you can bet Bell would throw a ton of $ at him), fine with me. My personal hope is, the day he retires will be the day when Yzerman is taking over as the GM of the Detroit Red Wings and bring Stamkos with him.

My personal hope is, the day he retires will be the day when Yzerman is taking over as the GM of the Detroit Red Wings and bring Stamkos with him.

Ths will definitely happen someday. Not the Stamkos part, but Yzerman will return to the Wings. After the Lightning accomplish their goals and the Red Wings finally go into a full blown rebuilding process, Yzerman will go back to Detroit and make them great again. It will be a great story. :thumbup: