• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

The refs tossed a bunch of guys at the end before any "excitement" could happen too. Thanks Bettman!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#22 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

That hit was Kronwallesque. Good on Stewy. Miss him, but am happy for him at the same time. I like Landeskog as well, but that's what happens when you keep your head down. 

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,822 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

The refs tossed a bunch of guys at the end before any "excitement" could happen too. Thanks Bettman!

esteef

Again?

What exactly is the penalty called?  10 minute misconduct for a future penalty?  

Remember that Tom Cruise movie, "Minority Report"?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 26 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Again?

What exactly is the penalty called?  10 minute misconduct for a future penalty?  

Remember that Tom Cruise movie, "Minority Report"?

They all got 2mins for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and 10 mins for "Misconduct"  There were no fights at all just a lot of yapping and jersey grabbing and stuff.  Weak s***.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Great hit, though he most definitely got his ass handed to him in that "fight."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,012 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Honestly, I have no problem with fights after clean hits.  I understand why someone wouldn't want their star players getting hit with big hits, whether it was legal or not.  If someone nailed Datsyuk with a clean hit, I'd want someone to step in and make others think twice about doing that.  

As long as fighting is legal, so is fighting from clean hits.  Then again, I also want the instigator removed, so I can see how you'd be even more upset if that were done.

Oh, and I forgot what a terrible fighter Stuart is.

huh?  I want the instigator penalty removed.  I like fighting in hockey.

But I've been watching long enough to remember a time when guys took a number after a hard hit to get the guy later in the game.  They knew it was part of the game and they're all big boys.  People act like somehow mugging guys after they hit someone is a tough code, but it's the opposite.  Like the guy getting hit is a delicate flowers who can't handle hockey so their teammates have to suckerpunch the guy who hit them. 

Part of the idea of hitting is to separate the guy from the puck to gain an advantage.  Even if you knock a guy silly and he's stunned for a minute, that's an advantage.  The muggings that go on after clean hits stop the game and erase that advantage. 

Stevie was protected by Probert and Kocur, but even they would get guys later in the game.  It was rare they'd jump someone right at that moment for running Yzerman.  Then again, Yzerman had his head up enough to avoid a lot of the big hits. 

And fighting isn't legal.  It's why you get a penalty for it. 

#27 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

huh?  I want the instigator penalty removed.  I like fighting in hockey.

But I've been watching long enough to remember a time when guys took a number after a hard hit to get the guy later in the game.  They knew it was part of the game and they're all big boys.  People act like somehow mugging guys after they hit someone is a tough code, but it's the opposite.  Like the guy getting hit is a delicate flowers who can't handle hockey so their teammates have to suckerpunch the guy who hit them. 

Part of the idea of hitting is to separate the guy from the puck to gain an advantage.  Even if you knock a guy silly and he's stunned for a minute, that's an advantage.  The muggings that go on after clean hits stop the game and erase that advantage. 

Stevie was protected by Probert and Kocur, but even they would get guys later in the game.  It was rare they'd jump someone right at that moment for running Yzerman.  Then again, Yzerman had his head up enough to avoid a lot of the big hits. 

And fighting isn't legal.  It's why you get a penalty for it. 

This is because Kocur wasnt on Stevie's line. I saw Perry go after a guy right away after one of his linemates got hit. I love that guy. He is like old school Shanny.

#28 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I just noticed O'Byrne got 2 min for instigating AND 2 min for instigating with a visor on...I don't think I've ever seen that called before :thumbup:

Edited by Mors, 27 January 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#29 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I dont miss him

You Don't miss him?

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#30 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

You Don't miss him?

I always thought he was just average. He was durable, though. I liked that.

#31 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Huge wings fan here but I don't know if you guys have your homer blinders on. Stuart leads with his elbow here into the head.

I have no beef if a big hit if the initial contact is in the chest and the follow through goes up. But Stuart cleary leads with an elbow to the head.

The sharks announcers are homers are per usual in calling this a clean hit. And if you watched the game in the 3rd period they back track and say that Stuart may be getting a call from Shanny.

#32 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Huge wings fan here but I don't know if you guys have your homer blinders on. Stuart leads with his elbow here into the head.

I have no beef if a big hit if the initial contact is in the chest and the follow through goes up. But Stuart cleary leads with an elbow to the head.

The sharks announcers are homers are per usual in calling this a clean hit. And if you watched the game in the 3rd period they back track and say that Stuart may be getting a call from Shanny.

Shoulders are elbows now? 0.o

d3XvAAh.png

Clean, great hit.

Posted Image

#33 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Haha Brad get's smoked in that fight. Only time I might agree with the Sharks announcers but why is it everytime a big hit is delivered like that something like that happens?

Like it's a league standard now for someone to come after you if you lay out a big hit.

Intimidation - pure, and simple.

Will Stuart go looking for another big hit now that he knows the other team will retaliate?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#34 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Great hit, and gave the Sharks a boost. ..I still miss him. But hey, we still got Kronwall! :D 

Posted Image

#35 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Monster hit Landeskog might still have some memories of that beauty, but boy O Bryne absolutely crushed Stuart. I despise fights after clean hits, love fighting but why fight after a clean hit? Like someone said they are all well trained, big guys. Landeskog should have kept his head up wonder if Sheriff Shanahan is going to review that too lol

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#36 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

McKenzie's tweeting : "Oh, yeah, if you were wondering, Brad Stuart's hit on Gabriel Landeskog: no further action."

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/295568058905411585

Burke.gif

#37 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

You mean tough hits like this?  Gotta give RJ credit for coming back that game and scoring a goal though.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#38 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Gabe did come back I see.

#39 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I was shocked when I saw he actually tried to fight. I remember I think stewart for st louis one time attacking him and he wouldent even drop the gloves and defend himself.

#40 markaswell

markaswell

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

^^^

Thats the one! beautiful.