• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

that was on brunner

was gonna happen eventually. hell pick up his defense game soon

sorry wings deserved that loss. hawks were whooped 2nd and 3rd period wings should have ended it

f***kkkkkkkk

Also on Z his play at the other end caused the rush back.

Franzen ******* sucks!

What were you saying about our PP not scoring on that 5-3 losing the game thing again?

Yeah % is if you don't score on a 5-3 it goes against you winning.

Fact for about at least 20 years of hockey if not more.

Thanks for playing.

Wings deserved better this game but thats what happens when our PP sucks dick.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

It really didn't change the direction that much. He should have had it.

Howard is a mediocre goalie who gets paid like a mediocre goalie. We can't expect any more from him.

Problem is, this team isn't good enough for that anymore. We need a goalie who can steal playoff series and carry a team. Like all the other 7 and 8 seeds who have had success in recent years. I don't see that in Howard.

It really didn't change the direction that much. He should have had it.

Obviously haven't played goalie, and or any high level hockey.

Reading the puck off the stick is the most important moment for a goalie, it's his only time to make a reaction, and when that gets screened or his own players stick gets invovled the goalie can only position himself, not react to where to puck is going.

That goal 100% lies on Brunner leaving his guy open, then trying to make up for it by deflecting the shot. He is not doing well on the point on the powerplay keeping the play alive along the boards, or keeping the puck in the zone.

I like his potential, but maybe we need to not play him at the most important parts of the game, because that's the times where we are losing.

Edited by Carman

Still maintain my list of tradeable assets....

Big E is horrible...Quincey blows...Cleary useless...Franzen stinks (yes even while having a goal)

It was obvious that Chicago was tired and not all there, and Detroit who were well rested failed to take advantage. This team is in a world of hurt.

Yeah it never changed direction. Howard should have had it.

Ken Daniels: That puck changed direction.

Mickey: Yes it did.

(Instant replay confirms it)

Biased LGW Forum Member says it didn't. I think I will take the irrefutable video evidence and the announcers on this one.

Yup, goaltenders should have deflections at all times. :P

hey im listening on a radio over here in the uk, never mentioned a deflection just said a shot from wide on the left wing that ought to have been handled better.Ill take it back if it was a big deflection. Still first team to take a point of the hawks this year?

Howard is a mediocre goalie who gets paid like a mediocre goalie. We can't expect any more from him.

Problem is, this team isn't good enough for that anymore. We need a goalie who can steal playoff series and carry a team. Like all the other 7 and 8 seeds who have had success in recent years. I don't see that in Howard.

Hmmm... really? I can recall at least 4-5 saves tonight that howie bailed us out on. A goalie is allowed to let in 2 goals, it wasn't a bad goal, howie could have saved it but he didn't, but it still wasn't a bad goal. The only reason we have 5 points, is because of Howie.

Either that or sign some players who are actually capable of putting the puck in the net. Two goal per game doesn't get you a ton of wins - don't care who is in goal.

Ugh, man I hate the Blackhawks.

Outcome was largely decided going 0-6 on the PP against a tired team. The Red Wings played well in the third, but to score only one goal is disappointing with that many opportunities.

The defense is improving each game at least. That's certainly a positive with no Nick and a ton of injuries. It all comes down to whether the offense can get going now, especially on the powerplay. Has anyone from the third or fourth lines scored yet? They provide solid energy, but chipping in with some goals would be a huge boost to Datsyuk and Zetterberg.