• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

What were you saying about our PP not scoring on that 5-3 losing the game thing again?

Yeah % is if you don't score on a 5-3 it goes against you winning.

Fact for about at least 20 years of hockey if not more.

Thanks for playing.

Wings deserved better this game but thats what happens when our PP sucks dick.

I'm glad you're proud of yourself.

As someone who actually PLAYS hockey, I know that no single moment defines a hockey game. The wings lost this game because they couldn't score on any of the powerplays, not because of that one 5 on 3.

hey im listening on a radio over here in the uk, never mentioned a deflection just said a shot from wide on the left wing that ought to have been handled better.Ill take it back if it was a big deflection. Still first team to take a point of the hawks this year?

No this was their second overtime game

Look, this was Brunner's only major mistake, let's cut him some slack. If one mistake costs you a game against a tired opponent, you're not playing well enough as a team.

I hate to be a downer, but we still can't score and our defense is okay at best. We've gotten better since game 1, but we are still pretty lackluster. Improvements all across the board should be expected. No one was godawful tonight, but being 'decent' isn't good enough to win in this league.

I'm glad you're proud of yourself.

As someone who actually PLAYS hockey, I know that no single moment defines a hockey game. The wings lost this game because they couldn't score on any of the powerplays, not because of that one 5 on 3.

No s*** Sherlock? I've played at the Junior A level. The Minnesota Ice Hawks. Regardless of the 5-3 no scoring it was PP all night.

Wanna meet up?

Howard's a good goalie. Maybe even somewhat great, sorta. But he really hasn't shown that he has it in him to flat-out strap the team to his back and win games all by himself.

The elite 'tenders, they can do that, and they do do that. (Doo-doo. lolz.) Alas, Howard is not (yet) elite.

Did you watch the first half of last season?

The Wings have played ONE good game out of five...are we able to start growing a bit concerned? They cannot string consistancy together. They should have been all over a tired Chicago team tonight and yet, even with all the powerplays, weren't.

I will say it again, getting a point for losing in OT is absolutely stupid. IT waters down the other teams win, and the league in general.

Howard's a good goalie. Maybe even somewhat great, sorta. But he really hasn't shown that he has it in him to flat-out strap the team to his back and win games all by himself.

The elite 'tenders, they can do that, and they do do that. (Doo-doo. lolz.) Alas, Howard is not (yet) elite.

I don't claim howie to be elite yet, but he is a very good goaltender. He just got scored on like most goalies do..

No s*** Sherlock? I've played at the Junior A level. The Minnesota Ice Hawks. Regardless of the 5-3 no scoring it was PP all night.

Wanna meet up?

Ok so now you're arguing my point.... Or else we've been arguing the same point all night.

Wanna meet up?

ok, ok. That's enough.

Yes the Wings lost but both of you settle down. You can disagree about the game without picking a time to meet on the playground.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but who are these "elite" goalies?

The Wings have played ONE good game out of five...are we able to start growing a bit concerned? They cannot string consistancy together. They should have been all over a tired Chicago team tonight and yet, even with all the powerplays, weren't.

I will say it again, getting a point for losing in OT is absolutely stupid. IT waters down the other teams win, and the league in general.

agreed, but it inflates point totals keeping teams in the playoff hunt much later than they otherwise would be.

that means games are still relevant later in the season which means tv ratings and ticket sales are better, so owners love it.

Ok so now you're arguing my point.... Or else we've been arguing the same point all night.

My argument is when you don't score on a 5-3 yet have the PP 5 times and don't score. You don't win hockey games. Not scoring on a 5-3 usually proves in the opposite direction. The last game vs the Wild was some sort of of a fluke. Don't worry I've laced up the skates many of times brah.